Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes with Greek Yogurt
Delicious pumpkin cupcakes are extra moist.
Thanks to the addition of vanilla Voskos Greek Yogurt, this pumpkin cupcake recipe produces cupcakes that are extra moist, making them a delicious addition to your Halloween shindig. They're spoooooky good, and easy to make. ;) As a bonus, these cupcakes contain a bit of extra protein thanks to the high-protein Voskos Greek yogurt in the recipe. Scroll down for a video with easy Halloween icing decorations for your cupcakes.
The ingredients list includes ingredients for both the cupcakes and the frosting, so be sure to read and follow the recipe precisely so you don't combine everything! This Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes with Greek Yogurt recipe is from Voskos.com.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup Non-Fat Voskos Vanilla Yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup water
- Two 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Purchased Halloween candy decorations
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with paper liners that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 3. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat together the the wet ingredients and sugar: pumpkin, white sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, yogurt, egg whites, and egg.
- 5. Blend the dry mixture into the wet mixture, alternating with the water, to form a smooth batter.
- 6. Use an ice cream scoop to fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full with batter.
- 7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- 8. While the cupcakes are baking, make the frosting. In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 9. When cupcakes are done, remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks before frosting. Decorate cupcakes with colored frosting, purchased Halloween sprinkles or candies.
If candy eyeballs aren't available at your local grocery, Amazon.com has a huge variety of Halloween candy sprinkles and decorations available, from the funny to the truly creepy! Look for skulls, bones, pumpkins, ghosts, and more.
Let the kids help decorate your cupcakes...it's part of the fun!
If you're expecting a house full of costumed creatures this Halloween, why not bake a couple of batches of Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cupcakes and have your little demons do the decorating? Cover a low table with a festive halloween tablecloth, cover that with a clear plastic drape, set out the cooled, iced cupcakes and let the little ones loose. Provide them with orange and black gel icing in tubes, Halloween candies, cupcake sprinkles and pics and see who can come up with the most fiendish design.