- Holidays and Celebrations
Halloween Wedding Favors
Choosing Halloween Wedding Favors
If you are planning a Halloween wedding, no doubt it will be unique and fun. Whether it is elegant or scary, it is important to select a that matches the feel of your party.
This lens will explore a variety of Halloween wedding favors which will help you to narrow down your choice.
Halloween and candles go hand in hand. Here are some options:
1. Personalized Soy Halloween Candles - These custom candle tins come in three sizes and are made of soy. You can choose the design, scent and wax color. A personalized label, with two lines of text, is placed on the candle for you. You can choose any label background color. The Halloween candles burn very well and the smaller sizes come with an organza bag.
2. Tea Light Candle Holder with Candle (or shot glass) - Each comes personalized with two lines of customization.
A "Do It Yourself" candle option would be to purchase black, orange, or any color votive candles, wrap them in tulle and attach a custom label. If you wish to select them based on your wedding colors, you can always choose black tulle for the wrapping.
Halloween Popcorn Balls, Pretzels, Graham Crackers and More
It took me by surprise when I spotted some fun Halloween confections at the Royal Oak Farmer's Market in Michigan. Robin, the owner of Creative Confections, created scary good treats that could easily be used as wedding favors. Here are some of the chocolate items:
1. Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers - Candy corn and pumpkin decorations make them unique.
2. Ghost Marshmallow Pops - They are wrapped in clear cellophane and tied with an orange curling ribbon.
3. Chocolate Dipped Pretzels - Display these favors in a clear glass vase. The Halloween color candy sprinkles make a nice presentation.
4. Mummy Nutter Butter Cookies - This image doesn't do justice to the detailed mummy wrapping with white chocolate. These are so much fun and would make a great centerpiece/favor combo.
5. Popcorn Balls Dipped in Chocolate - These are so much more elegant than your typical popcorn ball.
6. Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats - They look scary good.
If you would like contact information for Creative Confections, please send me a comment and I will put you in touch with Robin.
DIY Wedding Favor Kits
These favors are both elegant and fit well with a Halloween theme. You can choose from kits with silver tins, boxes, personalized wrap labels, round stickers, and a selection of ribbons.
Place any small sweet treats inside like mints, jellybeans, wrapped Lifesavers, M&M's or gum squares. Bulk candy stores are ideal places to save on candy. While the the colors orange and black are displayed, you can also order boxes and labels to match your wedding colors.
Make your own by purchasing tins or boxes and printing your own labels. Many websites that sell labels also come with a template, so you are able to easily create and print them.
Container Favors - Clear
Your treats will be clearly displayed with these containers.
1. Container Favors Cup - They are a favor, even without adding anything. The bottom has a compartment with Halloween theme items displayed inside. Many brides fill these cups with sweets. You can personalized these hard plastic cups with names and dates.
2. Candy Jar - These are great for dressing up the tables. The colors black and orange are perfect for the season and the wedding ring gives the favor some "bling". Each comes with a custom label for you to affix. Add candy in the color of your choice.
3. Trinket Holder or Stemless Wine Glass - Most guests take these favors home and use them for holding small items like buttons, paper clips, jewelry and more. They can be displayed without anything inside, or you may choose to fill them with colorful candy or gum. There are many designs, just in case the skull and crossbones are not your idea of a wedding graphic.
Halloween Wedding Ideas - Bark
If you are looking for a unique favor, this homemade Halloween Bark is both scary and delicious. A simple mixture of white chocolate and candy was created by Lowri of PaperVine. You can find her directions here.
Treat Bags on Amazon
One of the most popular Halloween favors is a treat bag filled with candy. There are a number of inexpensive bags shown on Amazon.
Edible Halloween Favors
One way to please all of your guests is to give edible favors. Men, women and children all love treats and you have many options:
Sweets - Chocolate candy, personalized drink mixes, and custom mint tins top the list as popular favors.
Halloween Cookies - You can purchase or make cookies. All Recipes.com has an entire area. devoted to Halloween cookies including: Haunted Gingerbread Houses, Ginger, Pumpkin and Cranberry Cookies, and Witches Fingers.
If you are not a natural-born baker, the video below shows you hot to make and decorate Halloween cookies using a ready-made sugar cookie dough and icing.
Making Halloween Cookies
Halloween Oreos are scary good. The ones shown, cost 1.99 each and come wrapped in cello.
You can make your own similar treats with Oreos, chocolate chips, and decorative halloween candy. Just melt the chocolate chips, dip the Oreos in them, and decorate.
Candy Buffet - This is something easy to create and use as wedding favors.
There will be no tricks, only treats with a candy buffet. Choose a variety of containers to hold your candy. You may even wish to rent containers from a local florist. Be sure to have containers at the start of the buffet so guests can have something to fill.
Caramel Apples at Sam's Club
Sam's Club, Costco or other warehouse clubs are a great place to shop for Halloween wedding favors. I found an 8-pack of caramel apples for $4.98. That's a generous favor for .62 per guest. All you would need to do is wrap them in a clear cello bag and tie them with orange or black curling ribbon.
The only problem is that caramel apples are perishable and are not guaranteed to be in stock. However, there is a great deal of seasonal merchandise in bulk with great prices.
There were also some beautifully decorated Halloween lollipops for $7.98 in a package of 24.
Trick or Treat Baskets at Target
The dollar bin at Target is a great place to shop for favors. I found some great mini Halloween paper, medal, and felt containers that can be used to hold candy. You can place them at each table setting or use them as part of a centerpiece.
Orange and Black Wedding Favors on Amazon
Unique Halloween Favors at Pier 1
There were so many fun items at Pier 1. Many of them can be used as wedding favors including a ghost shower poof and pumpkin shower gel. They also have bath fizzies and LED candles in Halloween shapes.
Finally, there are many scented votive and tea light candles along with inexpensive glass candle holders. I purchased a votive candle and holder for $1.83.
Adult Halloween Ideas - Test Tube Favors
If you want to give candy as your Halloween wedding favors, here is a way to make it more targeted toward adults. Hayley of The Autocrat, provides easy directions to make these wonderful test tube filled guest gifts.