High School Musical Birthday Party Theme
High School Musical Theme Party Supplies
Have someone in your house who can't get enough of High School Musical? Throw the best High School Musical Party ever!
Have everyone dress up as their favorite High School Musical character, watch the movie, put on a show - the possibilities for fun are endless!
Look below for ideas on party activities, birthday party favors, party food, birthday gifts and more!
Go Wildcats! - Birthday Party girls showing their love of High School Musical!
High School Musical Movies - A must-watch!
Food and Cake Ideas for your High School Musical Party
Food Theater foods such as popcorn, soda, nachos, theater-style boxes of candy and hot dogs are a great idea. You could even set up a concession stand with Wildcats banners decorating it.
Cake Be as creative as you want! You could order one from your local bakery, or create a cake of your own. Decorate with a stars and music notes. A cake in the shape of a megaphone is a great idea too! Bake cookies and let each guest decorate their own.
Megaphone Cake Instructions from FamilyFun.com
Below are the instructions for the cake shown. To adjust it to look like a HSM cake, you can change the colors and decorations.
* 9- by 13-inch cake, refrigerated overnight
* 24- by 14-inch piece of 1/8-inch-thick cardboard
* White parchment paper(enough to cover the board)
* Clear tape
* 16-ounce tub of white frosting
* Yellow food coloring
* Large doughnut
* Fruit leather (we used Fruit Roll-Ups Blastin' Berry Hot Colors in Blazin' Blue)
* 4 1/4-ounce tube of blue decorators' icing
1. Spread a sheet of parchment paper over the cardboard, securing it in back with clear tape.
2. Cut the cake and arrange it on the board as shown. Tint the frosting with the yellow food coloring, then frost the cake yellow.
3. Next, cut a large doughnut in half and frost it yellow. Place the doughnut handle at the bottom of the megaphone, about 2 inches from the narrow end, and secure it with frosting.
4. Use a toothpick to draw the outline of the number (about 4 1/2 inches tall and 3 inches across) onto the plastic backing of the fruit leather, then cut out the number shape. Cut 2 fruit leather stripes about 3/4 inch wide and place them on the cake along with the number.
5. With blue decorators' icing, outline the number and the edges of the cake. Squeeze icing onto the handle and spread it to cover the top of the handle. Pipe a birthday message onto the parchment paper. Secure M&M's to the board with tiny dabs of icing so they appear to be bursting out of the megaphone along with the happy-birthday cheer.
Games and Activities for your High School Musical Party!
Put on a show! Everyone can lip sync or do Karaoke to High School Musical songs. Give the audience bull horns and pom poms to cheer on the performers!
Cell Phone Search O.M.G! The cell phones have gone missing! Before the party hide several plastic, candy filled or lip gloss cell phones. You can come up with clues to find them, or just send them on a hunt. (Each guest only gets to find 1, so everyone gets one to take home).
High School Musical: Friends 4 Ever Bingo
Bingo is even more fun when played with members of the High School Musical cast. Includes 8 game cards (6x8), numbers for the Bingo caller, and markers. Click on the link above for more information.
HSM Quiz Quiz them on High School Musical movies. Find questions at the Official High School Musical Website.
Wildcats Pennant Craft These are made using red and white craft foam and a craft glue stick. Provide enough scissors for the kids to cut their own stars and letters, or you may want to provide pre-cut letters and shapes that you'll find at most craft stores. Often the shapes and letters come "sticky-backed", making this project even easier for you and the kids!
High School Musical Crafts
Create a High School Musical Pennant! For younger kids, have the designs pre-cut (like the "EHS" and Wildcat Mascot") then let me go wild with glitter pens, beads & gems, etc.
More Birthday Party Articles
- Birthday Gifts
Say happy birthday with festive and unique birthday gifts from All About Gifts & Baskets. Our gift ideas for birthdays will bring a smile to their face.
- Make Fairy Princess Cookie Wands
Know a little princess? Is there someone in your life who loves to be a girly girl? Maybe she prances around in pink ballet attire and a tutu or maybe she's begging to wear your high heeled shoes at the tender age of f...
- Cookie Cutter Party Favors
If you're looking for interesting bridal shower favors or baby shower favors, cookie cutters make an easy and fun cho...
- Birthday Gift Ideas For Tweens
Tweens, kids who aren't quite teenagers but aren't still young grade-schoolers, have different tastes and likes than you might expect. If you've got an 8 to 12 year old on your gift list, consider these helpfu...