How to Keep New Years Resolutions
New Year Celebration
New Year is perhaps one of the most popular and most joyous celebrations around the world. It marks the fresh start of the year and the ending of the current year. Millions of people around the world are looking at their clock and start shouting the countdown towards the New Year's Eve. Many traditions and customs are observed during the New Year like lighting firecrackers, throwing party, realizing myths and beliefs, feasting and exchanging New Year wishes. The celebration is indeed fun and festive!
Lot of people declare new year resolutions, some send New year wishes with New Year resolutions to their relatives and friends to let them know that you are starting a new life as the part of new year resolutions
New Year's Resolutions
Since New Year symbolizes new beginning, making resolutions has been part of the celebration. It became part of the traditions that most people do as soon as the date in the calendar turns back to January 1. Changes to have healthier and better living are the usual New Year's Resolution that majority of people make. Others are setting goals that are easy to achieve. Here are the common New Year's resolutions to make:
1. Quit Smoking
2. Less Drinking
3. Exercise at least 15 minutes a day
4. Diet (more healthy foods, less junk and fast foods)
5. More time with the family
6. New lifestyle
7. Try new fashion (style, dress, hair style, etc)
8. Buying new properties
10. Be more productive
How to Keep your New Years Resolutions
Admit it or not, at some point of your life, you have made a list of New Year's resolutions but you didn't be able to fulfill all of them. And you are not alone, most people did that. At first, they are very eager and sire that they will succeed in fulfilling their resolutions, but after some weeks and months, they end up failing.
This year, make a difference. Don't let the previous fails hinder you to succeed this New Year. Set your objectives and get yourself ready to be successful. Here are some tips to keep your new year's resolutions.
Steps to keep New Year Reloutions
1. Make a list. Write down all of your objectives and goals for this year. Make it as specific as possible. Create a small outline and steps that will help you fulfill all of them. Make it organized. Write them down in order - from highest priority to lowest priority, and vice versa. To avoid being overwhelmed and frustrated, write down an organized plan on how to succeed on your listed resolutions will be helpful. Remember this, one step at a time. Don't get yourself stuffed with just one chunk of goal.
2. Plan ahead. Before the New Year, you should have already planned your resolutions. Don't ever make a resolution on the spot - right after the clock strikes 12 midnight. This will lead you to create unrealistic objectives, which later on you will not be able to fulfill. Make sure that your goals are something attainable. Be practical and sensible. You should also consider your focus and concentration about fulfilling something in a long run.
3. Motivation is the key. Don't forget to motivate yourself to be able to attain your objectives. Estimate the reward of keeping your goals when it comes to money, efforts, sacrifice and time. By knowing the worth of the reward you're going to get when you are able to accomplish your resolutions, you can always remind yourself not to wander and muck around.
4. Track your progress. It's important to know the progress of your goals. You can praise yourself when you succeed, even if they are small. Don't fret when you failed sometimes. Instead, think about something that will make you even better. You can have a daily checklist f your resolution to keep track of your accomplishments.
5. Always remind yourself. The problem with most of us is that we often forget. So to avoid these instances, we always have to remind ourselves. You can place notes and reminders in different places. It can be on your cell phone, on your computer, refrigerator, workplace, etc. There are also some e-reminded apps that can help you get alerts for your resolutions.
6. Have a partner. Having someone to partner with in attaining particular goal can make your journey easier. Since you have someone that will encourage you to keep going, like what you are going to do with your partner, both of you will not be lost in track. You can ask a friend or family member to be your partner. Make sure your partner is someone who is positive and inspiring.
7. Focus. This is something you should forget if you want to succeed in attaining your New Year's resolution. Focus, focus, focus. Concentrate. Don't let yourself wander around and procrastinate. As mentioned, reminders and alerts will help you stay focused.
8. Reward yourself. It's alright to indulge yourself once in a while. Reward yourself for even small attainments. It can be a treat to salon, a day to spa, sweet treats and goodies, etc. It's up to you. And don't forget, keep it in moderation.
New Year Gifts from amazon
New year is the the most celebrated festival in the modern world. Modern Calender known as AD (AminoÂ domini) starts at January 1st. Almost all over the world celebrate the first ...
- New Year Wishes and New Year Greetings
Almost all over the world Â follows AD (Anno Domini -Lords year) as the calendar and it is the most popular one. It is also known asÂ georgianÂ calender. In that every year starts from January 1st and people welcome the new year with celebration, fir
- Best New year Messages, Wishes and Cards | kozhikodan
New Year is a day to make merry, have fun and dance with your friends and loved ones. At this age and time, most people live far away from each other yet they still find time to call each other … Continue reading →
- New Year Cards from 123greetings.com
2013 is here! Fill your heart with new hopes, reach out for new opportunities and celebrate the New Year! Reach out to your friends, family,...