- Holidays and Celebrations
How to Make a Kamikaze Drink - Kamikaze Drink Recipe
Kamikaze Drink History
The Kamikaze drink is on the list of the most popular cocktails, and the basic recipe is to mix equal parts or vodka, triple sec, and lime juice. What makes this drink so great is how easy and simple the is to make it.
The Kamikaze drink was created in Japan, and was given its name in honor of the renowned Kamikaze pilots from the Second World War. Kamikaze drinks are considered vodka drinks, but Kamikaze drinks also have the orange-flavored liqueur, triple sec and lime juice in them.
Other people attribute the recipe of the Kamikaze cocktail to a Boston bartender named Liam, who actually named it after himself. The renowned vodka producers Smirnoff featured the cocktail in a commercial, calling it Kamikaze. This marketing campaign eventually popularized the kamikaze drink.
However, it is still suggested that before you judge whether or not you like the Kamikaze drink, you must try the original recipe. The original Kamikaze drink is made of vodka, lime juice, and triple sec, in equal parts.
Here is a simple and easy variation of the way a Kamikaze is meant to be created:
- 1/4 ounce of Triple Sec (If Triple Sec is not available substitute Curacao)
- 1 1/4 ounce of your favorite vodka
- 1/4 ounce of fresh lime juice
- A Kamikaze drink can be enjoyed several ways:Enjoy it either in a shot or straight up by using a mixing glass filled with ice. Mix all ingredients well and chill Strain the drink into a shot glass or cocktail glass You can also enjoy a Kamikaze drink on the rocks.Fill a rocks glass with ice Mix the ingredients and enjoy
Fee Brothers Blue Curacao
Types of Kamikaze Drinks Currently Available
Yet, as with most other legendary cocktail drinks, the Kamikaze drink is available in a wide array of flavors and concoctions today. For example, these are all spin-offs from the original Kamikaze drink:
- Southern Comfort Kamikaze Drink
- Raspberry Kamikaze Drink
- Carolina Kamikaze Drink
- Kamikaze Split
- Blue Kamikaze
- Melon Kamikaze Drink
- Lemon Kamikaze
- Orange Kamikaze
- Kamikaze on the Rag
- Nuclear Kamikaze
Video - How To Make a Blue Kamikaze
The Blue Kamikaze recipe is made from vodka, blue curacao, and lime juice. The original kamikaze drink calls for equal parts of vodka, curacao and lime juice, but experiment and find your perfect recipe.An example is to mix equal parts of blue curacao and vodka, and just a half of the measure lime juice. If you want it stronger, add more vodka.
Because Cointreau is an orange liqueur, it can easily replace Triple Sec in any cocktail. Its special flavor makes the cocktail very lively and you cannot stop drinking it.Here is a kamikaze drink with Cointreau.
Cointreau is a brandy based liqueur. It is a triple sec flavored liqueur, flavored with the peels of sweet and sour oranges. Cointreau is my favorite Triple Sec, and can definitely be mixed into a kamikaze cocktail, and in fact is my favorite.
- 20 ml ( oz) Cointreau
- 10 ml ( oz) lemon juice
- 40 ml (1 oz) vodka
- ice cubes
- Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Decorate with a half lemon or lime slice.
What Makes the Kamikaze Drink Special
It doesn't matter how you enjoy the Kamikaze drink – as long as you enjoy it! This is a great drink, that is very versatile and wonderful for those who want to drink a lot without getting too drunk, too quickly! The special combination of liquors and lime juice, helps your body process the alcohol better without getting you too intoxicated.
Gin Kamikaze - London Kamikaze - Gin Kamikaze Recipe
London Kamikaze cocktail is Kamikaze drink where the vodka is substituted with gin. The specific juniper flavor makes this recipe a very distinctive and subtle drink.
- 1 oz London dry gin
- 1 oz triple sec liqueur
- 1/2 to 1 oz lime juice
- ice cubes
- Shake all the ingredients in a shaker. Strain into a cocktail glass with one or two ice cubes.
Raspberry Kamikaze Drink
Raspberry Kamikaze cocktail is a nice variation, that brings a special flavor to the original. The orange flavor from the Triple Sec combines greatly with the raspberry and just invites you to another one. Drink it responsibly.
Prep Time: 1 minute
How To Make Raspberry Kamikaze Drink
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz triple sec
- 2 oz raspberry liqueur (Chambord is a great one)
- Pour the three ingredients together into a shaker, and mix thoroughly for a 20 seconds.Serve in cocktail glasses, add two ice cubes, and decorate with a strawberry.