- Holidays and Celebrations»
How to Make Christmas Felt Ornaments
Making Felt Christmas Decorations
Every Christmas I try to make something different. Last year it was paper Christmas decorations, but this year I'm in love with felt. Believe me, creating such decorations is very easy.
First of all, decide what kind of Christmas felt decorations do you want to make. Will it be Santa? Snowman? Christmas tree? Bubble? Christmas pudding? Candy sticks? Gingerman? Ginger house?
Is going to be for a Christmas tree that you can hang around the house and keep it for the next year? Don't forget to drop in art shop to buy the necessary materials...
General shopping list - for making these ornaments
This is a general list for making Christmas Felt decorations:
Felt colour squares (Red, green and white) Other colour scheme? Check out my Squidoo lense on Christmas Colour Schemes)
- Sewing (Crewel) Needle
- Sewing or Embroidery threads
(P.S. I prefer to use stuffing to make three dimensional ornaments)
Let's start! - I was making Chrstmas Trees by following these really easy steps:
1. Prepare paper templates for desired ornament. Just type your word like "Felt Santa" decorations or Christmas Tree Felt in Google and select "images" option. Print if it's easier for you.
2. Cut out the shapes.
3. If you plan to hang your ornament, don't forget to attach ribbon.
4. If you have some small decorations for the top of the ornament, attach them before sewing.
5. Prepare the thread and go ahead! There are many stitching styles. This one is the easiest!
6. Don't forget to stuff the ornament. Personally, I think it looks much better than a flat ornament.
2 ornaments: Christmas trees and stuffed xmas letters - Not bad for the first time!Click thumbnail to view full-size
"How to Make" section - Best felt Christmas ornaments instructions on internet
Here is a list of the best "how to make" felt ornament instructions. All of these ornaments are created by very talented people. They have inspired me to do all my handmade decorations this Christmas!
How to make Half eaten gingerbread man
How to make Christmas Puddings
How to make Vintage Felt Baubles
How to make Felt Candy Cane Ornaments
How to make Christmas Baubles
How to make Christmas Stars and Hearts
Those will keep you busy
Have you ever wondered how to make felt decorations? Don't go far. This book is amazing. It has so many ideas... It's very innovative. This book has a collection of 30 Felt & Fabric projects for everyday. It has step by step instructions with beautiful photographs.
Christmas Felt Ornaments Gallery - felt decorationsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Please share your opinion on working with felt? What is your favorite ornaments? How do you get inspired?