Celebrate National Love Your Pet Day February 20!
Love Your Pets February 20!
Hey, who knew there was a special celebration to love our pets! There sure is... and it's coming up on February 20! For many of us, our pets are the joy of our lives. I know mine are! I have three Miniature Schnauzers and one very large goldfish right now.
How can we make Love Your Pets Day special and memorable for our pets and ourselves? We'll try to find some fun ways to do that right here! Dress up your pet, throw a doggie party, take your pet to work, and lots more fun ideas.
Not everyone has just cats and dogs, either... so we'll explore some unusual pets too. I've collected some adorable video clips of ferrets, cats, even a bearded dragon for you – all having fun being their animal selves!
I hope you'll have some fun celebrating Love Your Pets Day!
Quick & Easy To Organize Pet Celebrations - Keep It Simple!
- Organize a Block Walk! Post a couple of signs in your neighborhood, choose a time, and have everybody meet at your chosen location to start your neighborhood walk with your pet(s). What a great way to get to know fellow pet owners in your neighborhood!
- If you have a pet-friendly workplace, organize a Bring-Your-Pet-To-Work day. If that won't work, have everyone bring a photo of themselves with their pet and post on a poster-board. You could do some silly voting on who most resembles their pet, cutest pet, biggest & smallest pet, etc.
- Pose for a professional portrait with your pet, or get someone to snap a picture of you snuggling with your pet. Either way, you'll treasure the pic forever.
- Feature your pet in your Wall page on Facebook, in your blog, or anywhere you have a personal online presence.
- Start a blog or create a webpage for your pet! Let them tell their story to the world. Fill it with lots of pictures of your pet having fun! Do you take videos of your pet? Post some of them on YouTube for the world to see.
- My personal favorite - take your pet to a pet store where pets can come along. Let them sniff around, pick out their own treat and/or toy. Always a fun time for me and a doggie when we make a trip to PetSmart!
- If you want to go totally over the top, throw a party for several of your pet's furry friends and owners. Send invitations, Decorate in pet theme, serve treats for pets and owners in cute pet themes, have treat bags and door prizes... have a ball! Photograph the event and share pics online or just with the attendees
Unusual Pets On YouTube!
My Tweety Bird
If Tweety Bird were still here, I'd have celebrated by letting him play in the sink! He loved to walk in circles around the sink with the water dripping, and he'd walk under the water and stop for a minute getting splashed. What a cute birdie he was!