- Holidays and Celebrations
Low Cost M&M Candy Child Costume
Types of M&M Candy Child Costumes
M&M's can be a fun and creative start to a child's low cost Halloween costume. While I favor the Blue M&M character, there are costumes for almost every style of M&M and every flavor of M&M there is. Your child can be a blue, red, green, yellow, orange, brown or even purple M&M. Or they can be a whole package of M&Ms: crispy, pretzel, plain or peanut. I have also seen some cute M&M blizzard costumes.
Get creative and put a costume on your M&M like the famous Halloween M&M commercials. To dress up the M&M costume you can add a few props to become a Witch or Warlock M&M. In the past I have seen A Yellow M&M dressed as a Clown, a Blue M&M dressed as a Punk Rocker and a package of Plain M&M dressed as a Cowboy. I have even seen a group of kids dress up as Zombie and Vampire M&M's .
How To Make A Super Simple, Easy Candy M&M Costume.
This Halloween M&M Costume Idea Can Be Made In A Matter Of Minutes
1. Buy felt material in the color of M&M you want to be. The typical M&M colors are blue, red, dark brown, dark or metallic green and bright orange.
2. For a child you will need about two yards of felt material, for an older child you may need up to three yards.
3. Use a piece of cardboard to cut out a pattern. Cut a large circle to the size you need your costume to be, keep in mind its better for the costume to be a little big then too small. (Cut pattern in an oval if you want to be a peanut M&M costume.)
4. Cut out two circles from the foam fabric using the card board pattern.
5.Put the pieces of material on top of each other with the fabric you want on the outside of the costume facing each other on the inside.
6.Sew or use sew glue to attach the two pieces together. Leave at least ten inches of the top for the head and the bottom for the leg opening.
If using sew glue, let glue set and dry before turning it inside out to make the seams go
7. Sew together the 2 circles, leaving about 10 to 12 inches near the top open for the head. The bottom edge should be left open for the legs. After sewing, turn inside out so that the seams are on the inside of the costume.
8. Have the costume wearer put the costume over them and mark where their shoulders hit to make arm holes.
9. Take the costume off to cut arm holes. The holes need to be large enough for the arms to go through.
10. Cut a large M out of white felt materiel, then glue it to the front of the costume with fabric glue.
11. Decide rather you want to put a face on the costume or just put the M&M logo on.
12. Put the logo in the center of the costume if not drawing a face on, or put it towards the bottom if face is going to be added.
13. To put a face on your M&M candy costume cut out round eyes from white felt and the mouth from black felt. Use semi circles of felt from the costume material to make eyelid's. (Use drawings of the color of M&M you chose to determine the facial feature you draw on your costume to make it more unique.)
14. With the costume wear pants and long sleeve shirt with white gloves.
Bag Of Peanut M&M's Kids Costume
If your child loves peanut M&M's they will also love this adorable costume. This costume is great to put over simple clothes, most children over four would be able to put this costume on by themselves. An idea costume for school activities.
Yellow M&M Kids Costume
The yellow M&M candy character always has a smile on his face and has a heart of a child. He sees the good in all.
Bag Of Plain M&M's Candy Wrapper Kids Costume
The Plan bag of M&M's is a classic way to symbolize the common M&Ms. It works great as a group costume with someone wearing a m&m costume or a Peanut M&M bag of M&M's.
This is a simple and easy to wear costume for a child to wear. It is easily cleaned and can be put over regular clothes.
Blue M&M Candy Kids Halloween Costume
The Blue M&M Character is full of confidence and has an artistic side. With being one of the younger M&M's hes got a lot of energy and is full of ideas. The Blue M&M plays a saxophone and loves to dance.
This M&M costume is made of a soft blue foam material. It comes with the M&M tunic with the white gloves and white shoe covers.
Green M&M Candy Kids Halloween Costume
The Green M&M is full of feminine attitude and a little flair. She knows how to work the room, her smile gets the attention of the entire room.
This is a simple well put together Green M&M costume that is easy to put on. It goes over regular clothes and comes with white gloves and shoes covers.
Red M&M Teen Halloween Costume
The Red M&M Candy walks with power in his step. He is known as the wise guy and does not crack under pressure.
This is a teen Red M&M costume that a teen girl can walk with in pride. To make it warmer you can add a fitted white, black or red long sleeve shirt and tights under it.
Red M&M Infant Bunting Costume
This red M&M infant costume is for the baby with a smile that can light up the whole room.
This is a adorable one piece bunting costume for baby. This M&M infant costume also comes in blue.
Photos Of Homemade Candy M&M Kid Costumes
To find out how they made their costume, click on their photo to see their step by step instructions.
Girls In Matching Bag of M&M Costumes
Girls Red Candy M&M Homemade Costume
Boys Homemade Red M&M Candy Cosutme
M&M Candy Nail Art Guides - This would make a cute addition to a girls M&M costume, if she did not want to wear gloves.
More Resources To Make A M&M Costume
- Coolest M & M Halloween Costume Idea 1
Read about a mom who made a M&M costume for her 15 year old daughter for Halloween.
- Coolest M and Ms Bag Of Candy Homemade Costume 2
Read about a lady who bought a bag of M&M candy and transformed the idea into a life size easy to make costume.
- Coolest Homemade Green M&M Costume 3
Read about a mom who took who daughter love of the Green M&M and turned it into a cute and easy to make Green M&M Costume.
- Coolest Vending Machine Costume 4
Read about how this Vintage M&M Candy Collector turned things she had around the house into a very unique M&M Candy Vending Machine.
M&M's Getting Ready To Go Trick Or Treating For Halloween
My favorite M&M is the Blue M&M .