- Holidays and Celebrations
Making a Cascarone
Cascarone are hollowed out eggs filled with confetti, perfume, herbs, etc. These are made for Easter or the Pagan holiday known as Ostara. This tradition is originally from Mexico. They also use cascarones on Cinco de Mayo. There is a purpose for these wonderful things which can be a lot of fun! You are to crack them over the head of a loved one! This gives them blessings of love, luck, and happiness!
What You Will Need To Do This Project!
1 dozen eggs
materials to stuff cascarones with
1. First you need to remove the insides of the egg. You may use a wooden spoon for this. You must be careful to not crack too high. Crack away the very bottom of the egg. Let the insides run out. You may use the eggs for any purpose.
2. Clean out the insides by rinsing in water. You will not want to put these eggshells directly under a running tap. You will want to soak them for a short while in warm water with a little bit of soap.
3. Leave the eggshells to dry overnight.
4. Paint the eggshells however you desire. You might want to make a symbol for something important to you. This is called a sigil in magick.
5. After the paint has dried you will want to fill the eggshells with whatever materials you chose. This is easiest if you use a funnel to put the materials inside with.
6. Cover the hole with tissue paper. Tape it closed. Now you are finished!
There are many herbs associated with Spring Equinox. In magick there are herbs with special powers. When you are making your cascarone you might want to turn it into a magic spell. You can select herbs associated with a particular magical goal.
Lily of the Valley
-conceiving a baby
-developing psychic powers
-developing psychic abilities
-to make a woman attractive to men
-drives away evil
-getting rid of negative spirits