- Holidays and Celebrations
Merry Christmas Greeting Messages 2015: What To Write On A Christmas Card
Stumped on what to write in a Christmas greeting card for your friends and family?
There is probably nothing more banal than a pre-packaged Christmas greeting message. Every year, we are inundated with cliche' greeting card phrases such as:"Wishing you peace, love and joy over the holiday season!"Sadly, this sort of message lacks in a personal touch which I believe should exist in every Christmas message that travels between two people who care about one another.This year, when you write your Christmas greeting message, try to stray away from the banal and boring. Make it personal. Make it humorous. Try to weave in a personal experience which you and the recipient have had together. Come up with a Christmas greeting your loved one will not soon forget!To help you on your way to writing a beautiful Christmas card message, on this page I have included useful tips for writing messages, links to poems, verses and phrases that will provide you with inspiration, and a few of my favourite Christmas quotes.Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Are you a born writer?
The Key To Writing A Moving Christmas Greeting Message
Be sure to always speak from the heart!
Often, people become far too caught up in the idea of writing a Christmas greeting card message that will bowl the recipient over. This leads them to use manufactured phrases, for fear that their own writing won't be up to standard. Luckily, you don't have to be a Shakespeare or Wordsworth to write a touching Christmas message in your card. (Though you could certainly turn to them for inspiration!)The real key to writing a Christmas greeting message the recipient will love is to speak from the heart. Just think about it - if you were to receive a greeting card, would you prefer a handcrafted message that talks of a memorable experience you had with the sender, or a run-of-the-mill prepackaged message from Hallmark? I think I know which you would choose!This year, turn to your heart for inspiration. I have no doubt you will come up with the perfect Christmas greeting message for your loved one!
Beautiful and Famous Christmas Poems - Christmas poems that will inspire your writing
Though I firmly believe that any greeting card message should be written from the heart of the sender, I also see nothing wrong with using the writings of others as a springboard for inspiration. In this section, you will find links to a number of famous Christmas poems that will get your poetic gears oiled and ready to write.
- The Top 10 Famous Poems for Christmas Cards: Yahoo.com
A carefully selected list of some of the best Christmas poems written by famous poets and songwriters.
- Christmas Poems - Holiday Poetry on About.com
Browse through this collection of famous Christmas poetry written by the likes of John Milton, Sir Walter Scott, and Robert Louis Stevenson.
- BlackDog's Christmas Poems - The Poetry of Christmas
BlackDog has selected his top Christmas poems for the holiday season. I am pleased to see that Edgar Allan Poe is among his selection!
50 Best Loved Christmas Stories and Poems For All Ages - A source of endless writing inspiration and enjoyment.
If you enjoy Christmas poetry like I do, you will adore flipping through this book, a mix of well-known and unfamiliar stories and poems for Christmas. This book will provide endless entertaining during those cold nights of December, especially if you have young children in your home. Plus, the poems will help you in your own writing! The best part is that this book is available even on Kindle, meaning that you do not have to constantly lug around a heavy volume.
Christmas Message For Kids - Think up a cute Christmas message for your children!
Christmas messages for kids are a nice idea. They can be inserted into an advent calendar, a stocking, lunchbox, or into the card that accompanies their biggest Christmas present. Here is a list of links that will take you to some of the best Christmas messages for children!
Funny Christmas Message From The PG Tips Monkey Al - Al imitates the Queen's Christmas message in this funny skit.
What should my Christmas greeting message be about? - Useful ideas to get your Christmas greeting message started!
At this point, you may be asking yourself - what should I write in my Christmas card? The answer to this question depends very much on who the recipient is. If you are sending a Christmas card to your mum, you may want to refer back to the Christmases you spent together as a child. If you are sending to a friend, on the other hand, you may want to focus on why he or she is special to you.No matter who you are sending the card to, the following ideas will help fire up your pen's motor!
- What is your favourite Christmas-related memory with the recipient?
- Why is the recipient important to you?
- What happened the last Christmas you spent with the recipient?
- Which Christmas traditions do you both enjoy? Carol singing? Shopping? Church services?
Christmas Message for Friends - Write a Christmas message for a friend who is special to you!
The following links will take you to websites with beautiful Christmas messages meant specifically for friends.
- ipernity: A Christmas Message for a Friend
A gorgeous Christmas poem for a friend written by the NetHugs Family!
- A Christmas Message to Friends - Hubpages
A few simple Christmas greeting message ideas for friends!
- Christmas Poems for a Friend
A handful of cute Christmas poems for a friend. Some are better than others, but I particularly like the last one!
- Christmas Poems for Friends - Deaf Lion
A few more Christmas poems for friends provided by Deaf Lion.
How Do You Want To Send Your Christmas Greeting Message? - There are more ways than just a card!
In the modern age, there are many more ways of sending a Christmas greeting message than through a letter or card, though these two methods tend to be my favourite. Have a look below to see how else you can deliver your message!
- If you are on a tight budget, but would like to send a large group of people a Merry Christmas greeting message, try sending out a mass SMS. Think up a witty verse of no more than 100 characters and send it to everyone you know!
- Give a Christmas radio dedication to someone. Pick out that special person's favourite Christmas song or poem, add on the personal message you'd like the DJ to read, and you're set!
- Leave a note in your spouse's briefcase or bag. This is a very sweet way of giving a Christmas message to someone, especially if they have to work on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
- Create a special Christmas Youtube video for your beloved. Show him or her how much you care with a collection of photos and videos from your time together. (To see a great example of a Youtube Christmas message from a man to his girlfriend, look below!)
Romantic Christmas Message For Girlfriend From Boyfriend on Youtube - Use technology to show how much you love him or her!
Christmas Message For Boyfriend Or Girlfriend - Write a romantic Christmas message to your beloved!
When writing a Christmas message to your boyfriend or girlfriend, please make sure it is written in your own calligraphy. There is nothing worse than receiving a typed out version of a Christmas message, an SMS, or an email from your beloved, no matter how well-written or heartfelt it might be. It doesn't matter if your calligraphy isn't perfect - just make sure it is legible and you will be just fine!
- Romantic Christmas Letter To My Boyfriend
An example of a romantic Christmas letter written from a girlfriend to her boyfriend. Lots of great tips about how to write a romantic Christmas message as well!
- A Minimum Basis For A Workable Thing: Christmas Letter To My Boyfriend
Another example of a touching Christmas letter written from a girl to her beloved.
- Christmas Poems For Boyfriend
A few silly yet romantic Christmas poems you can include in a card to your boyfriend.
- A Christmas Poem From A Guy To His Girlfriend
This guy went through the effort of writing a romantic Christmas poem to his girlfriend. He may not be a poet in the real sense of the word, but his feelings shine through. This is the perfect example of someone writing from the heart!
- Romantic Christmas Poem For My Girlfriend
Another splendid poem written by a man deeply in love!