- Holidays and Celebrations
Big Milestone Birthday Quotes
Celebrate with Inspiring Milestone Birthday Quotes
Pondering an important birthday? When you or someone close is faced with a milestone birthday, you want to pay attention, and do it up right. You'll find quotes and thoughts about turning 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 years old right here! Keep scrolling, and you'll find quotes for each decade, gift suggestions for each decade, along with comments from ordinary (and extraordinary) people about each decade of life.
Decade by by decade, milestone birthday quotes are all in one place right here. Use these birthday quotes at parties, on cards, or just in birthday conversation.
How does it happen, anyway? My friends and I just keep getting older and older! My sister recently had a forest fire birthday cake . Too bad we didn't have space to write a great quote on it due to the number of candles. I did put a milestone birthday quote in her card, though. I wrote that "Fifty is the youth of old age." She appreciated that.
(Photo from EveGiggles via morguefile.com)
30th Birthday Quotes, Comments, and Gifts:
30th Birthday Quotes
- "Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed." - Charles Schulz
Use this birthday quote to rub it in. This 30th birthday quote comes from the cartoonist Charles Schulz. He made the "Peanuts" comic strip, which was famous for his wry, yet hopeful humor.
- "Everything I know, I learned after I was thirty." - Georges Clemenceau
See? You've not even begun to know anything yet at all. Well said by Clemenceau, who must
have said it way, way after his 30th birthday, as a much older man.
- "30 is the new 20, unless your 20, then it's the new 40." - Dane Peddigrew
Birthdays invite all kinds of strange birthday math and convoluted logic. Did you think your 30th birthday would never arrive when you were twenty? Most people think that way.
- "At the age of twenty, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at thirty, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at forty, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all." -John M. Eades
I guess the 30th birthday kid is still worrying about what the world thinks. Just take note of what obscurity you have to look forward to. Of course, forty is a long way off, right?
- "The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits." - Hervey Allen
Thank goodness you have your wits about you for now, and you can start to live fully. Just keep in mind that a time is approaching when you'll lose them again. Do the makers of these 30th birthday quotes really think thirty is middle-aged?
40th Birthday Quotes, Comments, and Gifts:
40th Birthday Quotes
- "Life begins at forty." - W. B. Pitkin
This one's a classic. We've all heard it, and when we're turning 40, we hope it's really true.
- "We don't understand life any better at forty than at twenty, but we know it and admit it." -Jules Renard
I guess this is saying that we're old enough to know what it is we don't know.
- Forty isn't old, if you're a tree - Anonymous, on Turning 40
Hardy, har, har, har.
- "To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am." - Bernard M. Baruch
Remember this smart policy, and just keep using it.
- "If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people." -Jim Eason
Now this is a very smart idea. I like it.
50th Birthday Quotes, Comments, and Gifts:
50th Birthday Quotes
- "Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age." - Old French Proverb
I think this one makes a lot of sense. You are entering your second youth. That sounds OK, right?
- No wise man ever wished to be younger. - Jonathan Swift
I guess this means that most of us have been temporarily unwise. Whenever I wish I was younger, it's always with the caveat that I would know then what I know now.
- If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older. - Abraham Sutzkever
At fifty, it's more important than ever to keep our playfulness, fun, and youth at heart.
- "Middle age is when a guy keeps turning off lights for economical rather than romantic reasons." -Eli Cass
Just being energy efficient, I suppose, in more ways than one.
- "And it’s true that I turn 50 tomorrow, which means that by the time I wake up, I’ll have an email from AARP, asking me to call President Obama and tell him to protect Medicare." - President Barack Obama
Even the president will get one of those awful mailings that remind you you're fifty. Yikes.
50th Birthday Gift Idea
Get this book for a thoughtful person who's on the verge of five decades of life.
60th Birthday Quotes, Comments, and Gifts:
60th Birthday Quotes
- "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." -Jack Benny
This one is from the perpetually 39 year old comedian.
- "You can only perceive real beauty in a person as they get older." - Anouk Aimee
I guess it's sort of like being the velveteen rabbit.
- "I have everything now I had twenty years ago except now it's all lower." -Gypsy Rose Lee
There you go!
- "We grow too soon old and too late smart." - Pennsylvania Dutch proverb
Oh, the irony of the human condition!
- "We are always the same age inside." - Gertrude Stein
We are still the same old us, only a little wiser, hopefully.
70th Birthday Quotes, Comments, and Gifts:
70th Birthday Quotes
- "It's an advantage up here for older folks because in zero-G you can move around much more easily." - John Glenn
John Glenn went up in space as the first astronaut in his or seventies! He was 77 at the time, in 1998. that was 36 years after he became the first American to orbit the earth.
- "Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words." -Titus Maccius Plautus
What a great idea! It is truly cause to celebrate a rich life for a brand new septuagenarian.
- "At fifteen, my mind was bent on learning.
At thirty, I stood firm.
At forty, I had no doubts.
At fifty, I knew the decrees of Heaven.
At sixty, my ear was receptive to truth.
At seventy, I could follow my heart's desires without sin."
-Confucius, Analects II.iv
Go ahead. Follow your heart's desires! you're probably old enough to know what they are.
- "Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair." -Sam Ewing
- "If you want to be happy, be." -- Henry David Thoreau
We have everything we need within us.
80th Birthday Quotes, Comments, and Gifts:
80th Birthday Quotes
- Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age. - Cyril Edwin Mitchinson Joad
This is just so true. The acidity level can be controlled with attitude.
- "With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come." - William Shakespeare
Acceptance and finding joy are key.
- "The spiritual eyesight improves as the physical eyesight declines." - Plato
Good thing we have glasses.
- "Birthdays are good for you; the more you have the longer you live!" - Unknown
Let us rejoice in yet another healthful birthday to celebrate!
- "In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." -- Albert Camus
Embrace your inner summer! Seize the day.
Gift Ideas for 80's, 90's. and 100's...
- Great Gifts for Senior Citizens, by Gottaloveit (One who knows!)
Go here to find some excellent, fun and appropriate gift ideas from my buddy, Gottaloveit.
90th Birthday Quotes, Comments, and Gifts:
90th Birthday Quotes
- "You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake." -Bob Hope
Ha, ha! But you are so worth it!
- "The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune." - English Proverb
You get better and better.
- "Happiness is good health and a bad memory." - Ingrid Bergman
May your health be good!
- "Youth is the gift of nature, but age is the work of art." - Garson Kanin
You should be framed!
- "It's sad to grow old, but nice to ripen." - Brigitte Bardot
There's beauty at every stage.
100th Birthday Quotes, Comments, and Gifts:
100th Birthday Quotes
- "Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again." -Menachem Mendel Schneerson
The energy changes, but it's still there. Birthday blessings to you!
- "I am long on ideas, but short on time. I expect to live to be only about a hundred." - Thomas Alva Edison
Never enough time, is there?
- "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
May you have lived well, and continue to do so.
- “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience” - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
Milestone Birthday- Congratulations!
"Over the Hill" Birthday Party Theme - Cool or cruel?
I've attended milestone birthday parties that made jest of getting older. They used an "over the hill" birthday party theme, complete with black balloons, mock tombstones, and gag gifts, like Preparation H and a jar of blue jelly beans to represent viagra. So, the question is: Are "over the hill" birthday parties cool, or are they cruel?
Tell me what you think here.
What do you think of an "over the hill" theme with black balloons and getting-old-gag-gifts for a milestone birthday?