- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Adopt A Mom For Mothers Day! Could Be A Gift For You, Too!
Some Mom Needs You!
I was privileged to have two moms in my life. My natural mom, Norma, who became so dear to me; and my adoptive one, Izzy, who raised me. Sadly both have passed away. The thought of Mother's Day now tends to make me feel sad as there is no one to send a card to or buy presents for. (Clockwise - my adopted mom Izzy, me, and her mom, my gramma Ethel. Picture below - my natural mom Norma and I having lunch).
The idea hit me that I have seen many women over the years who had no kids to spoil them. For many years I worked in a retirement apartment complex, and this was always one of the saddest sights. I'd accept dozens of floral deliveries for Mother's Day but there were always a few women who never received any gifts.
So why not, I thought to myself, go to one of these places and adopt a mom for Mother's Day? It might do both the recipient and me a bit of good!
Now how to go about it, and what to get for her? Let's explore some ideas!
Where To Find A Mom!
- That nice senior waitress who took care of us at Easter brunch!
- My neighbor who doesn't get company but once or twice a year.
- Check-out cashier at the grocery store who's always smiling
- Talk to administrator at a retirement apartment building and find out who doesn't have anyone, arrange a meeting
- Ask one of the volunteers at the hospital gift shop!
Do You Like This "Adopt-A-Mom" Idea? - Tell Me How You Feel!
What do you think will come out of "adopting" a mom for Mother's Day?