Need a Halloween Party Idea? Host a Halloween Fundraiser!
Halloween Party for your favorite Charity!
Why not combine two of the best party ideas ever?
Plan your fundraiser as early as possible for the best results. Good for you for getting a head start on planning the perfect Halloween Fundraiser Party!
A Halloween party is one of the most popular party ideas during the whole year that lets everyone dress up in their favorite costume, drink spooky named cocktails, play silly games, have fun and meet new people or get together with old friends.
A Fundraiser is a large gathering of people that work together while offering fun, games, prizes or other forms of entertainment to raise money for an important cause or charity work.
Combining these two party ideas is one of my favorite things to do and since I've hosted many of them, I'll share some of our ideas with a recipe on how to plan your fundraiser and my favorite supplies for the party to help you plan your party, organize your ideas, gather lots of people to eat, drink and be merry all while raising money.
A Halloween Fundraiser is a win-win party that you might want to have each year!
There's still time to get started sharing your idea with your co-workers, friends and family so you're sure to be successful at getting lots of guests to your event. Let's get started now!
Successful Fundraising Handbook - Get better and better at all your fundraising efforts year after year with this super helpful handbook loaded with new ideas a
If you need more help and ideas on how to raise lots of much needed funds for your organization, you'll love this paperback handbook for yourself and to share with your group.
From how to get started with an idea for your next event, to how and when to ask, offering options for everyone to get involved with your event, to marketing ideas and more for a successful event.
Host a Halloween Fundraiser Party at a church, fire hall, social hall, school, hotel or restaurant. Often times, the room is free if the venue can make some money from the drinks or food and other times they simply want to help the charitable organization!
Make a Checklist of Things to Do
Print this list (the recipe) to keep with you - from start to finish you'll have a fun party and successful event that could become a yearly event that is much anticipated by the community:
My 'Recipe' for a fun Halloween Fundraiser
- Contact your favorite charity to notify them of your fundraiser idea and get them on board
- Choose the Date
- Time and Location for your event (Friday or Saturday evenings usually work well for most adult parties)
- Contact friends and businesses to ask for donation items to be given as prizes for chinese auctions
- Plan fo raffles and other giveaways
- Create a list of all the fundraiser volunteers to begin assigning tasks to them
- Create games for the guests to participate in during the party and gather supplies
- Determine a menu of appetizers
- finger foods and snacks and desserts for your party
- Call local bands and ask for their assistance to play music for your party or bring your own music
- Start to market your fundraiser
- Create invitations
- Gather supplies needed to decorate
- Sell tickets to your fundraiser beforehand if possible to get a better idea on attendance
- Be prepared to sell tickets at the door on the night of your event to raise more money
- Have at least two people at the door to collect funds (one from your group and one from the charitable organization)
- Don't forget your own costume!
- Arrive early for setup on the day of the party with the volunteers to decorate and organize all events/games/prizes/raffles
- Have a fun time and raise lots of money for your favorite Charity!
- Earn money for the charity with admission tickets and costume contests and chinese auctions and 50/50 raffles
Halloween Tablecloths to Decorate Fast and Easy - A few of my favorite halloween tablecloths for a fun Halloween Fundraiser!
I try to keep my decorations light and friendly since at most of our fundraisers, children have attended and we want the event fun for even the little ones. These table coverings fit the bill perfectly and at the right price, can be easily wiped off and used again another year.
Get a few supplies to create the theme of the party
Halloween Napkins - Mix and match napkins to go with your Halloween Fundraiser theme
Make it spooky or make it cute and fun!
Paper Napkins are disposable and easier when serving a large crowd
Yellow Double Raffle Ticket Roll - One ticket does it all!
These are the kinds of tickets I love for fundraisers.
A roll of tickets can help you in several ways
Use these if you're charging an entrance fee to the party
Keep them for any 50/50 raffle you're offering
Use the same tickets for a chinese auction
The same roll of tickets can be used to offer any giveaways at the party
Ideas for Halloween Party Fundraiser Invitations - Value Packs to help you Save Money!
Or make your own invitations on your computer....this could be a good way for one of your volunteers to help. Mail or hand deliver your Halloween party fundraiser invitations! Always remember to over invite to make sure you have a great attendance.
Halloween Party Decorations - Set the Theme for your spooky party without spending a lot of money!
Add spooky serving bowls and containers for candy and other goodies for the perfect Halloween Fundraiser Party! They'll be conversation starters and you can use them over and over again each year. It's fun to collect pieces so you'll have even more decorating items each year. Our own collection has grown over the years to include some sweet, cute, fun, silly Halloween decorations to spooky, scary and bloody choices.
Tip for Halloween Party Games:
Apple Bobbing is another fun game to try but,
don't forget that all your guests will no doubt be in a costume
so stick to games most people can do wearing a costume.
Bring your own Music if you don't have a Band!
- Spooky Music for Halloween Fun
Create a haunted Halloween Party for your guests!
Market your Halloween Party Fundraiser with flyers posted to businesses, emails, on Facebook and twitter, LinkedIn, create a press release and send to the local newspaper and talk about it everywhere you go. Ask all the volunteers to do the same. You'll love the results!
© 2012 Cindy