- Holidays and Celebrations
New Years Eve Scrumptious Appetizers
Appetizer's To Ring In The New Year
Appetizers are a fun way to start your New Year's Eve with; whether it be just before the meal while you are still preparing it or after the meal just munching and visiting. Keeping it simple and fun with finger foods, dips and appetizers are the best choices. They even go with a glass of Champagne for the adults or juice for the kids.
Here in this lens you will find three appetizer ideas and recipes. As a nice little surprise for the football fan's try Football Deviled Eggs. They will be a smashing hit! Put on your New Year's Eve Hat; grab a glass of champagne and appetizer and lets party!
Photo by Culinary Institute
Photo by 123RF
Champagne To Celebrate
Ring in the New Year's Eve with a glass of Champagne and an appetizer! Enjoy!
Photo by Stanleys
Bruschetta New Year's Eve
Photo and Recipe by Food Network
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: 18
- Olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp capers drained
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Black pepper
- French bread
- 3 oz creamy blue cheese at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees while preparing your Taco Dip.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Then add red and yellow peppers. Cook until soft for about 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle sugar and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Stir in the capers and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice the french bread into 18 thin round slices. Brush bread rounds lightly with olive oil on 1 side. Arrange them in rows on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Toast in the oven until lightly browned for about bout 7 to 10 minutes.
- Top each toast round with a teaspoon of the pepper mixture. Place 2 small pieces of blue cheese on top. Return the toast to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes and warm through. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Bruschetta Serving Trays
Fiesta Taco Dip
Photo and Recipe by Brown Eyed Baker
- 1 16 oz container of sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato chopped
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning. Blend together thoroughly. Spread in a 9x13 clear serving pan. Top with lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese. Line edging with tortilla chips. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Taco Serving Pan
Football Fan's Deviled Eggs
Football Deviled Eggs
Photo and Recipe by Babble
- 1 dozen hard cooked eggs peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp mango chutney
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh chives
- Cut egg in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks and stir in mayonnaise, chutney, and red pepper until blended. Spoon yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves. Sprinkle evenly with desired amount of salt. Garnish with chives in a football style on deviled eggs. Chill until ready to serve.
Deviled Egg Trays
Photo by Videohive