New and Old
Wishing Everyone a Happy New Year
- “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” (Jer. 29:11-13)
The First New Year recorded in the Bible
- “Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, "This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to you.” (Ex. 12:1)
- The biblical New Year begins with the sighting of the first crescent to the new moon in the Spring time, with the first appearance of the flowers on the earth. (Songs 2:11-13)
Setting up the Tabernacle on New Year’s Day
“Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: "On the first day of the first month you shall set up the tabernacle of the tent of meeting.” (Ex. 40:1-2)“And it came to pass in the first month of the second year, on the first day of the month, that the tabernacle was raised up.” (Ex. 40:17)
Prayer for the New Year
- “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” (3 Jn. 1:2)
- “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thes. 5:23)
God wants to bless the Complete Person - Spirit, Soul and Body
- The Lord Jesus Christ came not only to save our souls but also came to heal our bodies as well.
- “For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,” (Rom. 8:3)
The Lord Jesus Christ preached the Gospel and healed the Sick
- "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;” (Lk. 4:18-19)
- “Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.” (Mt. 9:35)
Jesus Christ bore our sins on His own body, and by His stripes we are healed
- “who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed.” (1 Pet. 2:24)
- “When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: "He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.“ (Mt. 8:16-17)
First Feast of the New Year is the Passover
- "Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying: ‘On the tenth of this month every man shall take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household.’ ” (Ex. 12:3)
- i“And thus you shall eat it: with a belt on your waist, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. So you shall eat it in haste. It is the LORD's Passover.” (Ex. 12:11)
The Lord Jesus Christ is the Passover Lamb of God
- “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, ‘Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!’ “ (Jn. 1:29)
- “Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.” (1 Cor. 5:7)
We have become a New Creation in Christ
- “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (2 Cor. 5:17)
- “having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,” (1 Pet. 1:23)
We are Renewed day by day
- “Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.” (2 Cor. 4:16)
- iThe human body grows, strengthens and develops from the time of infancy until the person reaches maturity. After that phase every part of the body begins to weaken and degenerates. With God’s guidance the human spirit can continue to improve with age.
The Average Lifespan of Man
- “The days of our lives are seventy years; And if by reason of strength they are eighty years, Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.” (Psm. 90:10)
- Before the Great flood the average lifespan of the patriarchs from Adam to Noah in nine generations, not counting Enoch, was 912 years old.
Average Lifespans of the Patriarchs before and after the Great Flood
Living Environments before and after the Great Flood
Before the Great Flood
- Did not rain"but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground."(Gen. 2:5-6) This vapor canopy also acts like a screen that filters out the harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun. It is an ideal environment for living.
After the Great Flood
- There were rains and local floods.“While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease." (Gen. 8:22) This is the same environment as today.
Diets of all Creatures before and after the Great Flood
Before the Great flood
- “And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.”(Gen. 1:29-30)
After the Great Flood
- “Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.” (Gen. 9:3-4)
Vegetable Eaters live longer than Meat Eaters
- The patriarchs that were vegetable eaters before the Great Flood lived about three times longer (912 years compared to 333 years) than the patriarchs that ate mostly meat with some vegetables after the Great Flood.
- Meat is high in cholesterol that causes heart attacks which shortens life. Vegetables have zero to very low level of cholesterol, and are high on nutritional values that extend life.
Daniel and his Friends ate only Vegetables and were Healthy
- Daniel and his friends did not want to defile themselves by eating the Babylonian king’s food, and ate only vegetables and drank water (Dan. 1:8-14). “And at the end of ten days their features appeared better and fatter in flesh than all the young men who ate the portion of the king's delicacies.” (Dan. 1:15)
Vegetarians Live Longer
The Communities that have the Longest Lifespans in the World
- The National Geographic magazine in their November 2005 has the article “The Secrets of Long Life”. It states: Residents of Okinawa, Sardinia, and Loma Linda, California, live longer, healthier lives than just about anyone else on Earth.
- The main diets of the three communities are vegetables, fruits, nuts and fish. They do not engage in heavy industries and have a relaxed lifestyle. They do a lot of physical exercises.
The Community with the Healthiest and Longest Lifespan in America
- The community at Loma Linda University in California of the Seventh Day Adventist Church has the average lifespan of 88 years compared to 78 years for the rest of America.
- They asserted their good health and longevity is due to belief in the Lord Jesus Christ, keeping God’s commandments including the Seventh Day Sabbath rest, eating vegetables and fruits, abstaining from unclean food and intoxicating drinks.
Two Biblical Ways to Stay Healthy
- God created every person with a natural immune system to protect the body from diseases and sicknesses. We can stay healthy by  Prevention or by  Healing.
-  Prevention – Do not defile the body by refusing to eat unclean food, eating more vegetables and less meat, drink pure water. Get sunshine, breathe fresh air, and exercise.
-  Healing – Pray earnestly and confess your faults (Jas. 5:13-18). Do not take antibiotic, but take probiotic medicine.
Environment of God’s Spiritual Temple is the same as in Heaven
- Along the bank of the river, on this side and that, will grow all kinds of trees used for food; their leaves will not wither, and their fruit will not fail. They will bear fruit every month, because their water flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine."(Ezek. 47:12) Heaven (Rev. 22:1-2)
God’s Promise of Good Health and Long Life to Believers who keep His Commandments
- "and said, "If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you." (Ex. 15:26)
- "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you. (Ex. 20:12)