- Holidays and Celebrations
Free Pirate Party Invitations
Ahoy, mateys; if it be time for a pirate party in your part of the world, you've landed at the right place. Whether for birthday parties for boys, girls or adults -- be they bucaneers or landlubbers -- these free pirate party invitations will let everyone know it's time for all hands on deck.
There are also tips for pirate decorations, food, drink and even pirate lingo below that will help you throw the perfect pirate party, along with some videos that show pirate-themed cakes being made.
There are four free pirate templates on this page:
- Wooden plank and pirate treasure
- Blood red treasure map
- Teal Jolly Roger flag and treasure map
- Teal pirate ship and treasure map
Each is designed to leave no question that pirates are your party's theme!
TemplatesClick thumbnail to view full-size
To download, click on one of the thumbnail pirate invitations in the right column, which will cause larger sized art to appear. When you see that larger image, double-click on it and a window will open with a larger version. If you use a PC, you can right-click your mouse to save the template to your hard drive. If you use a Mac, control-click the image until you see an option to save it.
If you don't know how to use the invitation template once you've saved it to your hard drive, click the link below to visit my boys birthday party invitations hub, which contains instructions for making this size invitation:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jolly Roger Pirate Flags
You're welcome to use these invitations for personal use or to make printed or electronic invitations for friends or family. But you may not sell these templates in any form, printed or digital; group them into any type of collection to be given away; or incorporate them into commercial products. If you'd like to make your site or blog visitors aware of these templates, you may post one image, accompanied by a link to this page. If you would like to display more than one image, you may make a screenshot to accompany the link. Thanks!
If you have any questions or special requests, please contact Carla at info [@] vintageholidaycrafts [.com].
Please scroll down to take my poll and see videos of some great pirate cake ideas!
Tips for a Perfect Pirate Party
Pirate paraphernalia is easy to find online or at party stores, so make sure to spread it around liberally to recreate the world of a pirate. Here are some items that will help you create the mood:
- Gold-foil-wrapped coins and other forms of "treasure"
- Jolly Roger pirate flags
- Cardboard or plastic skeletons, with added pirate hats and eye patches
- A cardboard or actual wooden steamer trunk filled with treasure, maps and other pirate items
- Tropical decorations, cups and plates that simulate the feeling of the Caribbean, such as those used for luaus
- Maps and charts of the tropics that have had their edges singed (carefully!) with a lighter or cut to a random shape and them shaded with a colored pencil to simulate age
- Eye patches for each guest, made out of black construction paper or felt and string
You can have a lot of fun with food when it comes to pirate parties. Here are some suggestions for some tasty pirate treats:
- Make a gelatin ocean by using blue Jell-o or other gelatin embedded with gummy fish in a mold (use a round glass bowl if you don't have a mold)
- Serve small bites of meat, fruit, vegetables and.or cheese on plastic sword-shaped skewers (not for little kid's parties though)
- Halve and hollow out pineapples, cut the fruit into pieces and then serve it mixed with Maraschino cherries in the pineapple shells
- Freeze red fruit punch ice cubes so they look like blood and serve them with 7-up, sprite, ginger ale or other clear, fizzy liquid
- Make individual loaf cakes and turn them into pirate ships, complete with sails made out of straws and plain white paper stained with diluted tea, and pirate characters from the dollar or party store
- Make one of the pirate cakes shown in the videos at the bottom of the page
Pirate Party Poll
How old is the person for whom you'll use this invitation?
Time Lapse Video: Making a Pirate's Treasure Chest Cake
Thanks to the following hearty souls who provided images for the invitations themselves or for this hub. Thar be good folks, indeed!
- Jamie Dell Scraps Pirate Booty Freebie Kit
- WP Clip Art