- Holidays and Celebrations
Pumpkin Mousse Pie - Quick & Easy, Light & Creamy
Excellent Halloween Dessert - Pumpkin Mousse Pie
Over the years of catering and creating dessert tables for parties, I have come by a few recipes that became staples for me like this one for Pumpkin Mousse Pie.
To rave reviews, starting with Halloween and not ending until Christmas, I have turned out this quick, easy, light and creamy dessert.
It's very versatile in presentation and always a crowd-pleaser. Are you ready to make a delicious pumpkin dessert in less than 15 minutes? Here we go!
Image: DecoratingforEvents - Mandee
Pumpkin Recipes Galore
Love pumpkin? This cookbook is filled with recipes you can use all year long! Remember, some pumpkin items like bread and muffins can be frozen and used later.
This recipe is enough for a deep dish pie plate.
Prep Time: Less than 15 minutes
Total Time: Less than 15 minutes
Serves: 8 (for pie)
- 1 - 5.1 oz. pkg of Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups of Cold Milk
- 1 can - 100% Pumpkin (not the pie filling)
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice**
- 2 1/2 cups Whipped Topping (thawed)
- 1 - 8" or 9" Pie Shell
- 1. Combine pudding mix and milk in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with a whisk for 1 minute.
- 2. Add pumpkin and pumpkin spice and continue to mix until well blended.
- 3. Fold in whipped topping.
- 4. Pour/Spoon mixture into pie shell.
- 5. Cover with lid or foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- 6. Before serving, garnish with shaved chocolate.
- * If you don't have Pumpkin Pie Spice, you can substitute - 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg & 1/4 tsp ginger. Mix well and add as directed.
- Image: DecoratingforEvents - Mandee
No Pumpkin Spice? No Problem!
Make your own pumpkin spice with
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
⅛ tsp nutmeg
⅛ tsp all spice
Makes 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
Step by Step Pumpkin Mousse Pie - Photos: DecoratingforEvents - MandeeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Serve your pumpkin mousse in a graham cracker pie shell or chocolate cookie pie shell
Chocolate Ganache Variation
If you want a bit more decadence with your Pumpkin Pie Mousse, add a layer of chocolate ganache to the bottom of the crust before adding the pumpkin layer.
Prep Time: less than 15 minutes
Total Time: less than 15 minutes
Serves: 1 layer of pie that serves 8
- 2/3 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8 oz of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Set cook temperature on the microwave for 50% or medium. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir well and continue cooking in 15 second intervals until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over bottom of pie crust. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Continue with instructions above to make pie filling.
- Image: DecoratingforEvents - Mandee
Making a Chocolate Ganache Layer for 1 - the Pumpkin Mousse PieClick thumbnail to view full-size
Lots of Serving Options
With this Pumpkin Mousse recipe, there are lots of ways to serve it:
in individual Tarts
in Phyllo Shells (aka filo and fillo dough)
make in a Spring Form Pan
in Stemware Glasses
One Big Bowl of Mousse
Pumpkin Mousse Pie Ready to Serve!
Serve Pumpkin Mousse in Mini Martini, Wine or Flared Glasses
Very Elegant Look
Try serving your Pumpkin Mousse in a mini martini, wine or flared dessert glass. It's an upscale trend you can replicate at home. Top each glass with some grated chocolate and a pumpkin or ginger cookie.
Clear Mini Martini Glass,
Set of 12CHECK PRICE
Mini Wine Tasting Glass
Clear, 12-PieceCHECK PRICE
Libbey Just Desserts Mini Flare Glass with PlatterCHECK PRICE
Pumpkin Mousse with Chocolate Ganache Layer - Half Eaten, Of Course
It's all about Presentation
Place your Pumpkin Mousse pie or filled tarts, fillo shells, or martini/wine glasses on a beautiful cake stand on the table. Add a few of pumpkins at the base and you're ready to wow your guests!
Serve it Anyway You Like!
What Do You Think of Pumpkin? - Pumpkin Recipes
I have found over the years that people either love pumpkin or hate pumpkin. Which category do you fall in?
Do you love pumpkin or hate pumpkin?
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try Out
- 41 Yummy Pumpkin Recipes from Better Homes & Gardens
Get creative and dazzle your holiday guests (or family) with these irresistible pumpkin recipes, ranging from starters to entrees to desserts.
- Taste of Home - Pumpkin Recipes
Need pumpkin recipes? Get pumpkin recipes for your next meal from Taste of Home. Taste of Home has pumpkin recipes including pumpkin bread recipes, pumpkin pie recipes, and more pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin Bread | The Fresh Loaf
News and Information for Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts. I love pumpkin bread and muffins any time of the year, particularly with chocolate chips in it and while sipping a cup of dark coffee, but pumpkin bread seems particularly appropr
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe : Paula Deen : Recipes : Food Network
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Food Network Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe from Paula Deen.