- Holidays and Celebrations
Halloween Costumes for Redheads
Best Halloween Costumes Ideas for Redheads
As a redhead myself, I want to share a few Halloween costume ideas for redheads that will look great with your hair.
There are many famous redheads you can choose to dress as, including Ariel, Jessica Rabbit, Poison Ivy, and Pippi Longstocking.
Girls, prepare to be the center of attention!
Ariel, the Little Mermaid
I'll start with my favourite Halloween costume: the Disney princess with red hair, Ariel, the Little Mermaid.
This costume is perfect for ladies with long beautiful red hair, and, as you can see from the photographs for inspiration below, there are many different ways to do it!
Little Mermaid—Halloween Costume Inspiration
These Ariel costumes nail the Little Mermaid look. Check out all of her different outfits throughout the movie to see which one is right for you.
Little Mermaid Halloween Costumes
Choose one of the costumes below, then customize it with your own touches. As you can see, a Little Mermaid costume can be as conservative or as sexy as you prefer.
I love this one because it's so easy and you don't have to worry about anything riding up or falling down. The costume is a one-piece mermaid dress, with flared fins at the bottom and sheer sleeves. The wig is not included.
On the other hand, this is a super sexy, mesmerizing, and dazzling mermaid costume. It's two pieces: a halter top and a long metallic sea foam green skirt. You will definitely steal the show in this costume.
It's All About the Details: Take Your Costume to the Next Level
Pull your costume together with some final touches: Accessorize by adding a flower to your hair or string some pearls around your neck and try to use light makeup. For eyeshadow, choose colors of the sea like turquoise and blue.
Ariel, the Little Mermaid, Look—Makeup Tutorial
If you want to create sensation at a halloween party, you can't go wrong with this stunning costume idea: the gorgeous redhead Jessica Rabbit!
Jessica Rabbit is the voluptuous femme fatale in the 1988 feature film Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Here are a few tips to look as glamorous as Jessica Rabbit:
1.Go for curves. Jessica has a fantastic body, but it is slightly unattainable. It's a good idea, however, to join a gym and eat well. Being too skinny or too heavy won't help you here. She has striking curves!
2. Wear a tight and well-fitted dress. Well-fitted doesn't mean trashy though; Jessica's look is closest to '50s style.
3. Make sure your hair is glowing and gorgeous. You can apply a shine serum to give your hair that high-gloss look. Jessica's hair is also long and curly.
4. Jessica's makeup is very strong, so you must use a red lipstick. Look for a good foundation to achieve her perfect skin.
5. Don't forget about the high heels!
Jessica Rabbit's Hair and Makeup—a Tutorial
Jessica Rabbit - Halloween costume inspiration
Jessica Rabbit Halloween Costume
Jessica Rabbit's red sequined dress is classic, but can be surprisingly difficult to find in thrift and vintage shops. Here is one that is perfect—it has the length, the sequins, and the slit.
Poison Ivy is one of the sexiest Batman villains of all time. She is portrayed as a beautiful redhead, the color of her hair a bright contrast with the green of her outfit.
Here are a few tips to look a seductively villainous as Poison Ivy:
- The length of her hair has changed throughout her appearances in different comics, television shows, and movies, so as long as it's red, it's perfect.
- The makeup may seem a little complicated. What's important is that it is bold. You can attain more subtle effects by penciling a few small green veins along the hairline and temples. For the eyebrows, buy fake leaves, cut them to size, and glue them on with spirit gum (see the video below).
- Get a green short dress and add some fake leaves. Buy green gloves and hose; if those are hard to find, you can get cheap white hose and gloves, then color them with green dye.
- Wear green boots.
Poison Ivy Look - Makeup Tutorial
Poison Ivy—Halloween Costume Inspiration
Poison Ivy Halloween Costume
This is my favorite Poison Ivy costume, because it gives her a more natural look with earthy colors. However, if you browse through the related costumes, you can find other versions with metallic leotards. This one comes complete with her long green gloves.
Pippi Longstocking is one of the most admired characters in children's books, and her braided red hair that stands on end is her most identifiable feature.
Here are a few tips to pull off Pippi Longstocking's whimsical look:
- For these upright braids, part your hair down the middle and braid each half around some wire. Then spray it with hairspray to make sure it holds.
- If you don't have freckles, dot your nose with a brown eyeliner pencil.
- Wear a patched dark blue dress on top of a brightly patterned jumper (sweater) or a red-and-white striped shirt.
- Put on bold-colored stockings or two mismatched knee-high socks.
- Don't worry about the shoes. Any worn-out sneakers are fine.
Pippi Longstocking Look - Tutorial
Pippi Longstocking Costume
You can search for Pippi Longstocking's mismatched attire in a local thrift shop. Alternatively, you can buy a perfectly mismatched set. This one comes with the wig, the dress, the shirt, and the mismatched stockings, so all you need are shoes and makeup!
More Halloween Costumes Ideas for Redheads
Still haven't found what you're looking for? Here are a few more ideas for redhead costumes:
- Mary Jane Parker (of Spiderman)
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Princess Fiona (of Shrek)
- Daphne (of Scooby Doo)
- Kim Possible
- Wilma Flintstone