72 Retirement Sayings for Cards
Original and Creative Sayings You Can Write Inside a Retirement Card
If you're looking for words to write inside a retirement card, you can be funny, serious, fluffy or sarcastic. Here you'll find original sayings for each category...things like 'So you're leaving the rat race..can you take a few more rats with you'
Finding the right words to say when someone is retiring can be challenging, especially if they need to be written inside a card. Of course it's easier to just get a ready made card with the sentiment already expressed, however, perhaps that's just not personal enough.
Here are Five Silly Retirement Sayings to Get You Started:
1. Going, Going, Gone...Golfing!
2. Retirement is the short form for 'Really Tired Mentally' !
3. When you retire, can you leave all your knowledge behind?
4. We are not glad to see you go, we are freaking out!
5. We have done the math and we figure it will take 10 people to do your job
*Note: All sayings in the numbered sections and the five above sayings are by Brite-Ideas (Barbara Tremblay Cipak) - Please feel free to share them in a handwritten card - not for commercial use.*
Funny Retirement Sayings You Can Write In a Card
Comical Sayings you can write in a card for the lucky soul heading into their next chapter of life:
1. Retirement is how we get all that undone housework completed
2. Now you can carry around your cell phone without worrying it will ring
3. Retirement is like sleeping while awake...lucky you
4. Retirement means never having to plan anything except golf and bingo
5. When you doubt retirement, think about my alarm clock going off in the morning
6. Retirement means your accountant now has less work
7. We are all cynics, so we don't believe you're retiring
8. You never have to laugh at the bosses jokes anymore, just his face
9. Retiring is similar to hitting the stop button on a moving train..sudden and shocking!
10. Retirement is when everything stops moving, including yourself
11. I thought you started your retirement ten years ago...now it's official I guess
12. You get to do exactly what you want now...wait..nothing's changing?
13. You can reorganize the garage everyday for 25 years now
14. Sleeping in everyday means you're either retired or extremely irresponsible!
15. Your intelligence is directly equal to the amount of years you've worked - you're a genius
16. Face it, you'll still be trying to stick your nose into what we're doing
17. Incompetence and frustration..two things you won't miss in retirement
18. Retiring is fun...if you add a 'D and an S' (Funds !)
19. No money, no fun, no retirement!
20. Yes, you are daring to see what's around the corner - O.K., that's a crock
Who Cares I'm Retired
Another version of a wall clock for those 'who no longer give-a-damn!' - This one says, 'who cares! I'm retired'
Happy Sayings about Retiring
You Can Always Write Something Cheerful that Doesn't Directly Fall into the Funny Category:
1. It's your time to forget all the worries of work and dance, dance, dance!
2. A new world is just beginning for you, simply open your mind to the unknown
3. Don't plan anything anymore, just relax, live and enjoy your days
4. Use this time of your life to continue to learn and grow
5. This is the August of your life, enjoy enjoy enjoy
6. Time is now a user friendly word
7. Your heart now has time to rekindle old flames so go for it
8. While exploring new possibilities have a freaking blast!
9. Remember to smile everyday and that will double your retirement happiness
10. Retirement is the new second time around
11. You are now moving at a new pace...the pace of goodness and grace
12. Under the stars, laying on a beach, or just kicking up your feet - All your choice
13. Love and smiles bring you closer to who you are, so does retiring
14. Check your plans, check them twice, then hit the road and toss the rice...Hooray!
15. No clocks, no suits, no meetings, no more
16. So whose your boss now? Smile while you give us the answer please
17. Upon retirement, your garage becomes your new office, enjoy!
18. You are a ray of cheerfulness, and we will miss that around here
19. Why are all the good ones gone...gone...gone fishing
20. No more golfing to unwind, it's all for fun now!
Inspirational Words for Those Entering the Next Chapter of their Lives
Say something memorable, something moving in a card:
1. You have been an inspiration to all of us, and we will miss your wise words
2. The shoes you've left to be filled, will never be filled; you are truly an original
3. Your heart and your smarts, they are truly unmatched
4. You earned that view from the top; now watch and enjoy
5. What you've accomplished with never be forgotten, thank you
6. This next stage of your life can be filled with adventures, take the leap
7. If you find a way to retire without leaving us, that would be best
8. Your contribution will always be respected, you're a first class person
9. You've carved a path throughout your life, and only the best can walk it with you
10. Let the sand between your toes tickle your feet, you've earned that!
11. It's hard to understand planning at 20, but you did; you're an example to all of us
12. The sun shines down on us during every stage of our life, no matter our age
13. Even during retirement we won't be surprised to hear you're still making a difference
14. We'll always remember who you are, and what you've done for so many of us
15. Opening a new chapter in life can be a huge adventure
16. We are only limited by our own thinking, even at this stage in life, you can think big
17. If we call you for advice, you'll understand it's because you are the best at this job
18. It is written somewhere that 'awesome' is not allowed to retire
19. Without you it will be very difficult to get things done, sure wish you were staying!
20. Some people leave a huge imprint with the work they've done...that's you
How About Some Funny Books About Those Golden Years of Not Working! - Always an Excellent Gift for the 'have-it-all-types' and even the 'have-some-types'
A Funny Fridge Magnet About the Next Phase of Life! - A Quote Product by Brite-Ideas!
If you're looking for a small retirement gift that you can attach to a card, this small fridge magnet is a fun idea. Certainly think about it when a gift isn't appropriate, but you want to send a little something.
Retirement Quilts with Quotes
Words of Appreciation for a Retired Mom, Dad, or Other Family Members
Here are a few sayings that family members may choose to put in a card of appreciation to their retired parent, grandparent, or other relative:
1. Dad, we think you deserve this retirement more than anyone else we know
2. Mom, we're looking forward to spending more time with you; thank you for all you did
3. Your hard work did not go unnoticed by us kids, and we're so lucky to call you Dad
4. You dedicated yourself to this family, now we want you to take sometime for yourself
5. You've given us everything we've ever needed and for that we are honored and grateful
6. Dad, we love you for caring for us so deeply everyday of your life
7. You can retire proudly knowing that you've earned respect from your family and your coworkers
8. Your heart has carried this family, and your wisdom helped carry your business
9. They had you for the first half of life, we get you for the back half...yeah!
10. The beginning of your new story with us Dad, 'And on the first day, he slept in'
An Original Gift Idea - Throw Quilt with Quote about Retiring
If you're really stuck about what to get for someone who's retiring, then a quote blanket is probably something nobody else has thought of...if you can...add a rocking chair and you may get a funny look and maybe a laugh.