Simple and Funny April Fool's Jokes
Have fun with April Fool's Day
April Fool's Day can be lots of fun and this page is full of ideas for playing pranks on people. These aren't big or dangerous pranks, just ones that are fun and easy and funny for everyone involved.
So whether you finally want to prank your brother or sister or spouse or kids, check out the following ideas to see which April Fool's jokes are the funniest for you.
Please Keep It Safe and Funny
Don't do things that can be dangerous or actually hurt someone. Please keep the mess to a minimum as well. April Fool's Day jokes that are harmful, illegal, or too messy as not funny.
April Fool's Day Joke Ideas
- Saran wrap things such as the doorway, the toilet, their car.
- On your victim's boxers, stitch the fly shut.
- You can also stitch the bottom of a leg of pants shut, or just use safety pins.
- Find an image of an awkward looking mouth and chin, print it out if it's online or cut it out if it's in a magazine. Tape it to the bottom of your victim's coffee mug, making sure it doesn't show around the edges. When they go to drink their coffee, it will look like they have that mouth, but they won't know.
- Put a piece of tape over the sensor on the remote control.
- Fake a sneeze by using a squirt bottle to just mist someone's neck as you pretend to sneeze right behind them.
- Pick up the house phone and place a piece of tape over the button. Put the phone back on. Call the phone from another phone. When they pick up the phone receiver it will continue ringing.
- Put a piece of tape over the sensor on bottom of the computer mouse.
- Put just a little bit of Vaseline on a doorknob.
- On the back of their car, place a sign that says "Happy April Fool's Day, please honk". The victim won't be able to figure out why people are honking until they look at the back of the car.
- Put an electric fence sign on a wooden fence.
- Put up a for rent sign on their front lawn and write on it that those interested should knock on the door.
- Get up early and park the car around the corner and pretend it was stolen. Fess up with this one quickly to prevent the victim from calling the police in panic.
- Put a note on your victim's car. Write on the note "Sorry about the dent." Then write down a fake name and phone number. The victim will search their car for the dent.
- Set random alarms around the house to go off at various times.
- Wrap toilet paper back and forth across a doorway so when the person opens their door in the morning they run into the tp barrier.
- Leave a Walkie-Talkie under your pet's bed and wait until your victim gets close to the pet. Use the other Walkie-Talkie to make it seem like the pet is talking to your victim.
Draw On a Moustache Joke
This is a classic. Just wait until someone is asleep and use a marker to draw a moustache on them. Please use a washable marker, though permanent will come off with alcohol wipes or vigorous scrubbing.
Draw a Moustache
April Fool's Day Pranks in the Kitchen
- Give your children "juice" to drink with a straw, but instead of real juice give them gelled Jell-O.
- Swap sugar in sugar bowl for salt
- Clean the filling out of an Oreo cookie, then replace with white toothpaste.
- Frost a piece of Styrofoam like a cake.
- Take a bag of chips out of the cupboard and open them carefully at the bottom. Remove the chips and replace them with a different type of chips or pieces of crumpled paper. Glue the bottom of the bag back together and place it back in the cupboard.
- Tape the kitchen sink spray handle in the open position with tape that blends in. When someone turns on the faucet they'll get sprayed.
Frightened Eggs Prank
Draw or paint faces on eggs so when someone opens the carton they get a surprise.
These are good nearly anywhere, but it's always fun to put fake bugs in a box of their favorite cereal.
Spiced Coffee Prank
Snakes in a Can
A classic prank, snakes in a can is great for a quick and simple prank.
Spaghetti Tree Harvest
Hang cooked spaghetti on a tree and explain to your kids that the unique weather has finally made the spaghetti bloom. You could top this off by getting some spaghetti squash at the store and cooking it for dinner.
Spaghetti Tree Harvest Prank
Bug in an Ice Cube
Make a nice glass of iced tea or some other drink for your victim, then drop this bug-filled cube in on top of the other ice cubes for some gross out fun.
Faked Out Food Gag
Tell your kids you're having cupcakes for dinner, then give them meat loaf cupcakes frosted with mashed potatoes. Or make a "cake" by making meat loaf in a cake pan and frosting it with mashed potatoes. You can make the prank even funnier by making real cupcakes for dessert that look like meatloaf.
Fake Out Food
April Fool's Pranks in the Bathroom
There are so many different ways to prank someone in the bathroom on April Fool's Day. Usually people walking into the bathroom in the morning are half asleep and unprepared, so it's far easier to prank them.
- Place a Snapper (the little things that pop when you throw them) under the toilet seat. Try to place the Snapper so the foot on the bottom of the toilet seat is resting on it. When someone sits down it will pop really loudly.
- Fill the conditioner bottle with something else creamy such as mayonnaise or yogurt.
- Replace the top inch or so of your victim's deodorant with cream cheese.
Fish Tank Sink Prank
Make an aquarium in your victim's sink. Don't forget fake or real fish and make sure the plug works really well.
Fish Tank Sink Prank
Tape this monster to your toilet and when your victim lifts the toilet lid the monster will seem to fly out of the toilet.
More April Fool's Day Pranks
Talking Toilet Paper Spindle
Record shrieks, screams, or messages on this toilet paper dispenser to surprise your family when they pull on the toilet paper.
Post-It Bathroom Prank
Cover all the surfaces in the bathroom with Post-It notes for a funny morning surprise.
Post-It Bathroom Prank
Pee Puck - Makes the toilet water yellow every time you flush
Put one of these pee pucks in the toilet tank and the water will look yellow for a few hours, no matter how much someone tries to flush.
Frozen Toothbrush Gag
Freeze a toothbrush in a cup of water, then set it out just before the prankee is going to brush his teeth.
Frozen Toothbrush Gag
Take all the toothpaste tubes from around the house, then set them all somewhere odd, like the kitchen table.
Lace Shirt Sleeve Prank
The man in the picture below was pranked by his wife. She attached some lace to his shirt sleeve and he wore it to work.
Lace Shirt Cuff Prank
All Wrapped Up Gag
Wrap up everything in the person's room or office in paper. Make sure to do even the small things like picture frames or dishes they left laying around.
Wrap It Up Gag
This large spider will walk across your smooth floors to scare your arachnophobia-prone friends. Makes a lot of noise, so not for stealth, but using the remote control to send him chasing after people is very funny.
Balloons In Your Space Gag
Fill someone's room or cubicle with blown up balloons. Balloons are always fun and silly and make people laugh.
Balloons in Your Space Gag
This fart machine makes 15 different fart noises that sound real. Has a remote which works up to 100' away. Stick the speaker wherever you want the fart noises to emanate from, then hide nearby with the remote and push the buttons when someone sits nearby or is walking by.
Post-It Note Prank
Stick a bunch of Post-It notes to a surface such as a desk, a laptop screen, or a window. Just cover everything with Post-Its!
Rattlesnake eggs are a classic joke. Usually the prankster pretends to be handling the package very carefully, then they have the victim hold it, which sets off the mechanism inside the package, making it rattle like the baby rattlesnakes are hatching.
This joke is especially good when the prankster is a good actor and can pretend to be nervous about the package.
Office in the Bathroom Prank
The guy in the picture below had his entire office moved into the restroom.
Pranked Moved Into the Restroom
The Polka Dot Prank
Cut a bunch of circles out of construction paper and stick them all over someone's house or car or room or office.
Polka Dot House Prank
Almost Instant Vegetables Prank
Plant seeds the night before, then suddenly pretend the vegetables sprouted the next day. BS must be a great fertilizer, lol
Suddenly Growing Vegetables
Fake Dog Poop
It's always easy to prank people with fake dog poop. Set it wherever a real dog might have gone potty, and people will think it's real.
Suspended Mentos and Coke
All Wrapped Up and Nowhere to Go
Wrap up your friend's bicycle with caution tape. This is a good one because you don't have to get inside their house or office and it is quick and easy and harmless. It also doesn't take much cleanup.
Bicycle Wrap Up Joke
Draw On Their Car
Use car markers or the dust on their back window to write a message and prank your victim. You could write something to make people honk at the person or just something silly and funny.
Draw on their Car
Get More Ideas for April Fools Pranks
This book is chock full of great ideas for April Fool's Day pranks.
Car Sign Prank
Someone placed a funny sign on the car below, saying "Too Sexy for My Hair, That's Why It's no Longer There"
Too Sexy Prank
April Fool's Pranks on Dad
Have More Fun at Work
Make your workplace more fun by checking out this book full of ideas!
More April Fool's Day Ideas
- Holey straw trick. Poke small holes in a straw using a pin, then place it in a drink and offer the drink to your friend.
- Set an alarm clock to go off in the middle of the night then hide it in the victim's bedroom.
- Ask a girlfriend that is pregnant to take a pregnancy test, then leave it in your bathroom.
- Pretend to wipe ink off your friend's face but instead wipe ink on to their face by having some on your hand.
- Draw or get a fake tattoo, then pretend it is real.
Mischief Maker's Manual
Learn all sorts of new ways to make mischief and cause fun.