- Holidays and Celebrations
Simple Halloween Cocktails
The Best Halloween Cocktail Recipes - Frightfully Delicious!
Find the Best Simple Halloween Cocktails right here! When my husband and I owned our restaurant, Halloween was a huge event and great excuse for parties, parties, parties! We hosted costume parties, fundraisers, apple bobbing, costume parade with prizes, creepy looking food (that tastes great) while each year had a different theme and we gathered a huge collection of Halloween decorations and supplies as an added bonus.
Our parties were never complete without finding great spooky named Halloween Cocktails to offer our guests and you can make them too for your own party or business. These were our most popular cocktails during Halloween parties. Some of the recipes are from the Bartender's Bible book, Bartending for Dummies, Bartender's Black Book (all included here for you) or just from experimenting with different liquors (Halloween spirits) and mixers. Here we've used Vodka, Baileys, Schnapps and Rum for the perfect libations for Halloween.
Half the fun of Halloween cocktails are some of the creepy names given to them! I hope you'll enjoy these Simple Halloween Cocktail Recipes here that we've used for years and get inspired to make a great party for your friends and family or even your business too. Plus, you'll find our favorite supplies used to make all these drink recipes.
Below are alcoholic drink recipes - Please Drink Responsibly!
(image of Bloody Brain cocktail and all others courtesy of istockphoto with recipe below)
Halloween Cocktails with RUM
A Cocktail Shaker set is very useful to mix any of these specialty drinks! - Shaken or stirred, up or on the rocks: Pick one up here if you don't already have one. A best pick by other customers just like me and you.
- 1 oz Calico Jack Silver or Bicardi Silver Rum
- 1/2 Cup Cranberry Juice
- Fill a shaker with ice, pour in rum and cranberry juice.
- Shake until slightly foamy.
- Pour into chilled glass.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedge.
For parties and making a lot of spooky Halloween cocktails, it's always a great idea to have extra shakers on hand.
I love the stainless ones but, also find that the plastic design doesn't get as cold on the outside so shaking is easier and this one is sturdy with less chance of breakage/denting.
Make two drinks at once with a 16 oz shaker that also includes the strainer built right inside.
The Black Devil Martini Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Light Rum
- 1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
- Black Olive
Cocktails taste better in a Martini Glass! - Not really but, they sure are pretty to look at and nice to hold
- Fill a shaker with ice
- Add rum and vermouth
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into martini glass
- Garnish with black olive spear (pitted is best, otherwise warn your guests of the pit)
The Twilight Zone Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Light Rum
- 1/2 oz Dark Rum
- Splash of Grenadine
- Fill a glass with ice
- Pour ingredients into glass
- Serve with a lemon wedge garnish
The Zombie Cocktail
- 3/4 oz Light Rum
- 1/4 oz Dark Rum
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz Rose's lime juice
- Sprinkle of powdered sugar
- Add all the ingredients except powdered sugar into a shaker of ice and shake well
- Fill a tall glass of ice
- Pour drink into the glass
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar on top of the cocktail to create your Zombie
- Garnish with a cherry spear
Bailey's Irish Cream Halloween Cocktails
The Brain Shooter
- 1 oz Bailey's or other favorite Irish Cream
- 1 oz Strawberry Schnapps
- Use a 2 oz Shot Glass and pour each oz above into the glass and serve straight up as a shot.
- Or serve over ice in a martini glass.
- Make a small pitcher of these and serve to your party guests.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry.
The Bloody Brain
- 1 oz Bailey's or other Irish Cream
- 1 oz Peach Schnapps
- Dash of Grenadine
- Using a 2 oz shot glass add the schnapps first.
- Slowly add the Irish cream.
- Pour the dash of grenadine into the shot glass so that it slowly drips into the other two liquors
- for a Bloody Brain!
Vodka Halloween Cocktails
Measured Pourers for all your liquor bottles - Exact pourers help you to make consistently good cocktails every time!
One ounce pour is the perfect amount of alcohol and what most recipes call for. Great for parties if guests are making their own drinks. Auto pourers also help to reduce simply pouring without counting and over pouring.
Black Magic Cocktail
- 1/2 oz Vodka
- 3/4 oz Coffee Flavored Liqueur
- Dash of lemon juice
- Use a shaker of ice and add the vodka and coffee liqueur
- Shake well
- Strain into glass of ice
- Garnish with a dash of lemon juice on top
Classic Bloody Mary Cocktail - A Must have drink for your Halloween Party!
- 1 1/5 oz Vodka
- 2 1/5 oz Tomato Juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- Fill a glass with ice
- Pour in vodka and tomato juice
- Add 2-3 dashes of worcestershire sauce
- One dash of tabasco (add one or two more for more spice and zip to your cocktail)
- Dash of salt and pepper each
- Stir and serve with the classic celery stalk or wedge of lime
Get Bewitched! - All your wicked witches will want this yummy cocktail..
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Half and Half Cream
- 1 oz B&B or other spiced Cognac
- Add all three ingredients to a shaker full of ice
- Shake vigorously
- Pour into your favorite martini glass (or over ice is an option too)
- Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon
One of the recipe books I use often for lots of ideas for cocktail recipes to use exactly or to make slight adjustments to. There's even a whole section on punches and non alcoholic drinks!
Silver Bullet Cocktail - Ward off Vampires at your Halloween Party with this cocktail!
- 2 oz Vodka
- Splash of scotch
- Serve this cocktail straight up in a rocks glass.
- Add the vodka.
- Gently add the splash of scotch so it floats on top.
- Add ice if this cocktail is too strong - it is!
- Viola! No more Vampires with a Silver Bullet!
Supplies to Help you Make Simple Halloween Cocktails
One of the best cocktail recipe books on the market for professional and home use is the Bartenders Bible for good reason. Over 1001 recipes and ideas for hosting the perfect party for two or two hundred!
Another cocktail drink book I like to refer to often for parties and entertaining. There are so many liqueurs on the market and new ones arriving all the time, it's nice to get ideas on how to use them all!