- Holidays and Celebrations
Smurfs Birthday Party Planning Ideas
Smurfday Party Planning Ideas and Games
Smurfs Birthday Party Planning Ideas, and other smurfy things to do for a Smurfday. Do you love the Smurfs and want to have a Smurf Birthday Party but lack ideas? I love them and have put together these birthday party planning ideas from my own experiences.
Not only do adults like the Smurfs, but with the 2 latest movies more kids will want to have a Smurf Party. This page can help you with both party planning ideas and gift ideas.
The main ideas for a Smurf Party are food, games, decorations and fun. I have put some party ideas here for you, including a couple of recipes for Smurfberry Candied Apples, an easy to make dip, as well as a party craft idea for "how to make your own Smurfs".
If you have had a Smurf Party in the past let us know what you did as we all want to have a Smurfy good time.
- Image Credits: All photos for Smurf Party Ideas on this page are the copyright of Kathy McGraw and may not be used in whole or part without permission.
Cakes For Your Party - By Torta Tortica
I loved the creativity of these cakes and asked the baker if I could use the cake photo for my Smurf-themed Birthday Party Planning Ideas, and was thrilled she said yes. The photo is Copyright All rights reserved by Torta Tortica .
Making a cake for your party doesn't have to be this elaborate, just have fun with it and make your Birthday Party a fun one!
Party Planning Checklist - PDF checklist
Many people like checklists, so I made this Checklist for your Party Planning. The picture here is just a small piece of the checklist, but you can download the whole thing by clicking the link. I also left room on it to make notes.
Have you had a Smurf Party before? - Tell us about it
Have you had a Smurf Party before?
If you're looking for Party Favors, here's a few plus a cute candle.
Party Ideas Tip
Don't overdo the decorations, as a little goes a long way. Use a solid color for plates and silverware if you have a lot of other themed items.
These Party Supplies will delight anyone that is having a Smurfday Party. Just click the picture to get either Deluxe Party Pack that includes everything you need from the tablecloth, balloons, plates and napkins, activity mats and crepe paper to decorate for your Party. This is the best deal for the price, but if you just need a few items you can buy smaller quantities.
Click the picture to pick the Party Supplies that fit your needs.
Party Food Ideas
Blue Food and Drinks
What's a Birthday Party without food? Maybe you want some blue food, or blue drinks. Maybe you want to know how to make some cute Mushroom snacks. I have put together a list of some blue foods, and other blue snack ideas for a Smurfday Party. There are also a couple recipes including one for Smurfberry Candied Apples.
Party Game Ideas for Kids
Smurfs are all about having fun, so for your child's Smurfday almost anything goes. Using your imagination you can have a Smurftastic Day! Here are a few ideas for games to get you started.
- Children can make their own Smurfs ( directions below)
- Giving a ThemePresent can be part of the fun. If your child is young enough to play in a sandbox...have some little cars and other small toys ready , then just unwrap that new Mushroom House, and other Smurf figurines and let the kids go play. Be careful of kids younger than 3 for choking hazards. Know your child, and the age of the guests.
- Either make or find a large Gargamel photo and have the kids pin his chemistry flask on the photo, or use his cat. Play just like pin the tail on the donkey.
- Find the Smurf- Gargamel is always trying to find them. Play this game the same as you would play hide-n-seek.
- Smurf Bingo Older Kids and Adults will like this one.
- Match the Smurfs Memory Game You can make small squares with pictures. Make two of each picture, and let the younger kids (well maybe older ones too) flip them over and try to get a match. They keep going if they match a set and lose their turn if they don't. You can have several kids play at once, or divide them into smaller groups.
- Print out Online Coloring Pages and let the kids color them.
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: as many as you want
- FIMO -or Sculpy Clay
- Black and red are main colors needed
- Or Playdough (but you wouldn't cook these)
- Creative Kids
- For a Birthday Party let your guests make their own Smurfs. Depending on their age and dexterity level you can use the sculpting clay FIMO, play dough, or regular dough. If you use the FIMO or play dough try to separate the colors making it easier for a group of kids to work at the same time.
- Since all Smurfs are blue this will be the color you need the most of. All Caps and trousers are white (except Papa's who has a red cap) this will be the next most needed color. Black is for the eyes and mouth.
- If you have young children you can set this activity up in advance at a table. Put a little of each main color on a plate for each guest, but have some more ready just in case you need it. One pack of FIMO sculpting clay can make about 8-10 small Smurfs but from experience I know the kids will take more clay than is needed, so maybe one pack will only make less. Kneading it helps make it the right size!
- Tip When baking be sure to place them onto a cookie sheet lying down. The more clay that is used the more likely they are to break. Think small!
Handmade Smurf Image
This is one of the Smurfs the kids made before we cooked it.
Make Your Own with Sculpy Clay - a variety of colors
You can use Sculpy clay to make your own. Sculpy, like Femo, is perfect for quick baking, and once cool your guests have their own figurine to take home.
Balloons for your Smurfday Party
What's a party without Balloons? Here are a couple Smurf Balloons and one Smurfette Balloon for your Smurfday Party.
Smurfette is the darling of the Smurfs Village, so adding her to a Smurfs Party is perfect!
Your Ideas for a Smurf Party - We're all looking for new ideas, so please give us yours :)
We all have fun things we have done at parties but it's always nice to know what others have done. Tell us some ideas you have for either kids or an adults Smurf Party. Remember this is a family friendly page :)
What ideas do you have, or have done for a Smurf Party?
Smurfday Party Bottles - Make a Smurf Bottle to hold small treats
Recycling can add a fun Smurfy Drink Holder for each of your guests.
Prep Time: half hour or so
Serves: however many bottles you have
- Starbucks Frappachino Bottles (or any small bottles)
- Printable stickers
- White and blue candies
- 1) Recycling Starbucks Bottles you can make each guest their own keepsake. The directions for recycling those Starbucks Bottles is here.
- 2) Find a picture that you like and print it out onto a sticker with whatever verbiage you want- you can make small stickers and let your guests pick which figure they want for the lids. Kids like this, and we all know that if they helped make something it holds a special pride.
- 3) After you put the stickers on the bottles, you can fill them with blue and white candies and/or other small Smurfday treats.
- Recycling Starbucks Bottles Pictorial Tutorial (mine were for Christmas gifts, but the same thing works for a Smurf Party :)
Have a Smurfy Day! But before you go....
Wall Calendar 2014 - Calendar Pictures Make Good Framed Prints
More about KathyMcGraw Smurf Collector
Kathy McGraw's Bio and other Info
Sometimes people want to know more about who wrote the article/web page they are reading, so I decided to put this together and by clicking the Who is KathyMcGraw button you can see a bit of who I am.
I also showcase gifts and things I like on a site called Great Deals. Everyday there are new deals on there and each month a new artist is featured on the right hand side. Finding Deals Online is the site, and you can get there by clicking the button:
Besides collecting Smurfs and Making Native American Crafts I have been starting to use some of my photographs to make greeting cards and other customizable items in a store called SunsetArtWorks by KathyMcGraw.
These are just a few of the things I do besides playing with my Smurfs and hope you now know a little bit more of who I am.
Thanks for visiting this page, and I hope you got some good ideas. Under this guestbook are some more things you might want for your Smurf Party, and navigation links back to whatever you want to see again.