Star Wars Day is May 4th!
Celebrate Star Wars on May 4th
Fans of the amazing Star Wars universe are quite familiar with the phrase, "May the Force be with you." Did you know it's not just a movie quote? It's a holiday, celebrated by Star Wars nerds around the world.
"May the Force" has been translated to "May the Fourth," and the 4th of May has been declared STAR WARS DAY! Read on for everything you need to know about celebrating this fun and fantastic holiday, including 10 steps for a great Star Wars Day.
May the Fourth Be With You!
photo from oldrepublic.net
Ten Great Ideas
for celebrating May 4th, "Star Wars Day!" all day long
#1. Star Wars Breakfast! - kick off your Star Wars Day with a good meal
You can find these Star Wars pancake molds at Amazon.com and Williams-Sonoma.
#2. Get dressed in a Star Wars costume - wear your love of Star Wars all day
You probably don't want to show up to a Star Wars party without a costume. There are lots of options, including Star Wars couple costumes, baby outfits, and even a doggie Yoda robe!
#3. Make a Star Wars Day cake! - every great holiday requires CAKE!Click thumbnail to view full-size
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"— Princess Leia
#4. Watch Star Wars! - start your Star Wars marathon in the middle of the day
True Star Wars fans prefer the original trilogy to the subsequent films and remastered editions. But there are enjoyable elements in each of the shows, so give them a try!
#5. Send a Star Wars Day e-card
Send a free e-card to share The Force on Star Wars Day! StarWars.com has lots of fun designs that you can send and share for free.
#6. Watch these Star Wars highlights
Here are some fan videos featuring funny and memorable moments from the Star Wars movies. If you don't have time for 6 movies, just try these highlight videos.
"Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."— Obiwan "Ben" Kenobi
#7. Join the 501st Legion (Vader's Fist) - Bad guys, doing good things!Click thumbnail to view full-size
#8. Use Star Wars lines in everyday conversation!
Prove your Star Wars fandom by using some movie lines in normal conversation. This is a great way to celebrate Star Wars Day, or anyday!
- "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
- "That's no moon, it's a space station."
- "Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
- "Into the garbage chute, flyboy!"
- "I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win."
- "You're all clear, kid! Now let's blow this thing and go home!"
- "You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs."
- "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
- "Use the Force, Luke."
- "You don't need to see his identification. These aren't the droids you're looking for. He can go about his business. Move along."
- "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."
- "May the Force be with you."
- "I am your father."
#9. Read more about Star Wars Day around the net
Bloggers and news outlets have been paying more attention to geeky events, and there are plenty of articles about Star Wars Day. I'll link to them here, as I find them. This list is growing!
- 'Star Wars' Day: May The Fourth Be With You; Celebrate Holiday With 14 'Star Wars' Videos
"Star Wars" Day is here. For the uninitiated, "Star Wars" Day -- an unofficial and fan-created "holiday" -- occurs every year on May 4, because "Star Wars" fans love their puns: "May the Fourth be with you."
- Star Wars Day: May the Fourth Be With You - ABC News
Today is an unofficial holiday celebrating the George Lucas Star Wars blockbusters, twisting the famous quote, 'May the Force be with you' into 'May the fourth be with you.'
- May the Fourth be with you: Hold on to your lightsabers, it's Star Wars Day! - Washington Post
If you're not a "Star Wars" fan then (insert slow, understated wave of the hand here) this is not the piece you're looking for. In fact, it's probably not a great day for you in
- Star Wars Day Toronto
Tumblr for Star Wars Day Toronto.
- Happy Star Wars Day: May the Fourth Be With You! | E! Online
Star Wars fans, this will be a day long remembered. Next to Life Day, there is perhaps no more en
- May the Fourth Be With You: Four Ways to Celebrate 'Star Wars Day' - Forbes
Star Wars Day started off as a joke—May the Fourth be with you—and has become a legitimate celebration day of all things Star Wars-related. Mostly, the celebration consists of posting that joke to the social network of your choice. But since I'm geek
#10. Put on your Star Wars pajamas
Wrap up your big Star Wars Day by getting cozy in your favorite Star Wars pajamas or lounge clothes.
Say hello or leave your favorite Star Wars line here!