Sweet 16 Party Idea
Pink Sweet 16 Tea Party Idea
When my daughter, Kaylee, turned sweet 16, she decided to have a pink tea party (girls only!). We borrowed a friend's gazebos and set them up outside. Kaylee did all the work of planning, cooking, and decorating and I did the serving and decorated her cake.
I have included some of her ideas and some from other people here so that you can have your own pink sweet 16 party.
Pretty Pink Food
Sweet 16 party food
- 5 oz (140 g) butter
- 3 oz (85 g) confectioners (icing) sugar
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 7 oz (200 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 2 Tbsp milk
- pink food dye
- Put the softened butter in a large bowl and add the sifted icing sugar.
- Add the lemon rind and sifted flour and mix in.
- Add the milk and stir in.
- Split the mixture into two equal-sized balls and put one ball in another bowl.
- Add three drops of the pink food dye to one ball and mix through thoroughly.
- Wrap each dough ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the plain dough on a floured surface to a rectangle of about Â¼” (5 mm) thick and 10” x 6” (25 x 15 cm)
- Roll out the pink dough to the same size.
- Brush the top of the plain dough with a little water and carefully place the pink dough rectangle on top.
- Roll up the dough from one of the long sides.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for another 30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350ÂºF (180ÂºC) and grease two baking trays.
- Slice the dough into Â¼” (5 mm) slices and bake on the trays for 15-20 minutes.
Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea Sampler (5 Flavors), 18-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Celestial Seasonings Herb Tea Sampler, Variety Pack of 5 Flavors, 18-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Lipton Herbal Tea Collection, Variety Pack of Six Flavors, Tea Bags, 18-Count Boxes (pack of 6)
More Pink Cupcake Ideas - click thumbnails to see bigger pictures
Pink Sweet 16 Birthday Cakes
Sweet 16 teapot birthday cake
Now. I've got to confess that I'm not the most talented cake decorator. (Does it show?) So if you're like me and want the easy option, read on and I'll let you know how I managed the above masterpiece.
The cake was actually cooked in two pieces - in a round mixing bowl! The two halves were stuck together with a bit of butter icing. I then covered the cake with pink butter icing and decorated with candies and a licorice strap. I cut the handle and the spout from pink card. These were attached by using a knife and slightly cutting into the cake so they would be a bit more solid. I waited until the last minute before putting these into the cake and as you can see, the icing has begun to soak into the cardboard.
Sweet 16 Party Table
Sweet 16 Party Table Idea
We borrowed some trestle tables from our church for the party and because we wanted to hide the bottoms of these tables, we bought a new set of white queen size flat sheets and used them on a couple of the tables, instead of regular table cloths. Then we used a pink table runner to dress up the tables.
Teapots for a sweet 16 tea party
Before the party we started looking for pretty teapots, but we couldn't find any for a reasonable price in the stores. But we did find several delightful teapots which we bought for a bargain price second-hand. Look at what is available right now from eBay.
Tea cups for a sweet 16 tea party
On the party invitation, Kaylee asked each girl to bring along their favorite tea cup. But we also bought some extras (again second-hand) in case some girls didn't bring their own. Here's what's available right now on eBay.
Displaying the party food
All the food was served on black, white, pink, or clear serving dishes. Kaylee even spray painted some shoe boxes with glossy black paint for serving food in. Several of the serving dishes were lined with pink and / or white napkins or tissue paper.
She made labels for all the different types of food, including all the different types of tea we served. The names of each item were printed in this fancy font on pink paper. These pink labels were then cut out and stuck onto backing card of black or white. She used one of our fancy corner punches to punch borders into the card.
Sweet 16 tea party idea
Don't you think my daughter did a great job with her sweet 16 party idea?