- Holidays and Celebrations
Top Gifts for Terrific Teachers!
A Special Gift Guide for Top Teachers!
Great teachers are special people who seem to have a magical quality to not only kindle our curiosity and imagination but also leave us with a love of learning that lasts a lifetime.
"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~ Mustafa Kemal AtatÃ¼rk, (Turkish Quote)
Whether you are a parent, a student or a co-worker of one of these amazing teachers, the holiday season is a perfect time to give a unique, thoughtful gift of thanks back to these angels who disguise themselves as the people we call "Teacher".
10 Teachers Who Changed the World
1. Confucius- (551-479 BC) Chinese philosopher and teacher. Founded Confucianism based on morality and social responsibility.
2. Plato- (428-348 BC) Greek philosopher. Said to have founded the first University.
3. Aristotle- (384-322 BC) Greek philosopher, scientist and teacher. Wrote first texts on many scientific subjects.
4. Galileo Galilee- (1564-1642) Italian physicist, mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher, led The Scientific Revolution.
5. Sir Isaac Newton- (1642- 1727) English mathematician and natural physicist. Considered by many to be the greatest teacher who ever lived.
6. Henry David Thoreau- (1817-1862) American poet, author, teacher and philosopher.
7. Friedrich FrÃ¶bel- (1782-1852) German educator. Founded the first Kindergarten ("garden of children").
8. Maria Montessori (1870-1952) Italian physician and educator. Developed the theory of teaching and classroom organization that stimulates children's senses.
9. Albert Einstein- (1879-1955) Theoretical Physicist, professor
10. Stephan Hawking- (1942- ) English theoretical physicist, cosmologist
Unique Gifts for Teachers
The Boy and the Starfish - Inspiration for Teachers
Teacher Ornaments - For every sale we donate $1 to Room to Read
Who is the Most Special Person (outside of family), You Give Thanks for at Christmas-time?
A touching poem dedicated to your top teacher
"Teaching Is...... A commitment to instill knowledge in the minds and hearts of all students. It is so much more than just a job., It requires a love of humanity, ...... a belief in the human spirit, ...... a dedication to excellence, ...... and a resolve to make a difference in the lives of others..
It is the foundation upon which all forms of progress are based.. Those who were destined to teach, spend their lifetimes investing. in the dreams of their students, and in so doing, their own dreams invariably come true. ......
To enlighten.... to awaken..... to inspire...... all of those, whose lives they touch...this is their dream! "