The Thermos Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle That Keeps Ice Water Ice Cold Up to 12 Hours
Still Searching for the Perfect Water Bottle? The Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless-Steel Hydration Bottle May Be the Answer
I've spent more than a decade searching for a hydration bottle that could live up to my demanding expectations. Just when I was about to give up, I finally found it: the Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless-Steel Hydration Bottle.
If your search for the perfect water bottle is still ongoing, this Thermos hydration bottle just might end your quest.
Finding a durable, reusable water bottle that is slim, easy to hold, great-looking and leak-proof so I can carry around with me even in my purse allows me to avoid buying bottled water in mostly non-biodegradable plastic bottles that end up in a landfill after a single use. And finding one that stays room temperature and condensation-free on the outside while keeping my ice water ice cold on the inside for up to 12 full hours means I drink more water and stay better hydrated.
What Makes This Thermos Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Hydration Bottle Perfect?
Here's why I think the Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless-Steel Hydration Bottle is the perfect water bottle.
- It keeps ice water ice cold — with some ice still remaining — for up to 12 hours! During the day I try to drink and refill it every couple of hours (4x a day), but at night I refill it with ice water and keep it on my night table by my bed and there's still ice in it the next morning when I wake up. I can have a drink of ice water if I wake up thirsty in the middle of the night, and I have ice water to take my vitamins and medications with in the morning.
- It's 100% leak-proof so I can carry it in a briefcase, purse or tote bag without worrying about any of the other contents getting wet - especially important papers, business cards, credit cards or portable electronics like my iPhone and digital camera.
- The outside remains absolutely dry and condensation-free. That means this Thermos water bottle doesn't leave water rings on wood surfaces, won't leave puddles of condensation on coasters, and won't ruin any important paper next to it ... or even under it! So it's perfect for a desk at an office or home office. (I've found the only way to get in my 8 glasses of water a day is to keep my Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless-Steel Hydration Bottle within sight and arm's reach at all times.)
- It's made of durable stainless steel inside and out that won't shatter like a glass-lined vacuum bottle if it's dropped accidentally.
- It doesn't affect the fresh, clean taste of the water inside. I'm extremely sensitive to metal or plastic water bottles that affect the taste of the water inside; this Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless-Steel Hydration Bottle leaves the water's taste unchanged.
- Its slim profile and ribbed grip make it easy to hold comfortably and securely, even with fairly small hands like mine ... and even with sweaty palms so I can stay hydrated during exercise or while out in the summer heat.
- It has a wide mouth that's easy to fill with ice and a comfortable drinking spout that lets me guzzle my ice water without having to tilt my head back and upend the bottle (which usually results in the front of my shirt or top getting wet - you know what I'm talking about!).
- It's very easy to clean because of the wide opening of the drinking spout in the cap as well as the wide mouth of the bottle itself and the lack of a straw. I don't even mind the fact that it needs to be hand washed, first because it takes less than a minute with the OXO Good Grips Water Bottle Cleaning Set I've recommended below (which also makes cleaning nearly any type of bottle or jar MUCH quicker and easier) but also because I keep mine with me 24/7, so I wouldn't want to be without it while it was in the dishwasher.
- It's BPA-free. The body of the bottle is made from double-walled stainless steel and the top is made from 100% BPA-free material.
- The button that opens the flip-top lid is located within easy reach of the thumb of the hand that's holding the bottle for one-handed operation. So whether I'm taking my vitamins or carrying a bag of groceries, I don't need to use both hands to take a sip of cold water.
Flip-Top Lid withThumb-Level Button Lets You Hold the Bottle and Open the Lid with One Hand
Good Looks as Well as Great Performance
The 18-ounce Thermos Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle (model 2465) also boasts sophisticated good looks that are equally appropriate for a business meeting and a long run. It comes in a choice of three great looking finishes: regular Stainless Steel, Charcoal gray, and Midnight Blue. Since my husband's bottle has the regular Stainless Steel finish, I bought mine in the Charcoal finish so we could tell them apart. I've just ordered another one in the striking Midnight Blue finish as a backup in case either of our beloved bottles is lost of stolen. Now that we've finally found the perfect water bottle, we don't ever want to be without ours again.
Learn More About Thermos Vacuum Insulation Technology
The Longer I Use This Water Bottle, the More I Appreciate It
I keep my Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle with me literally 24/7 — on my desk, in my purse or tote, on my night table, in the car, when I'm exercising, walking, on vacation, at the beach, you name it. And with its clean, industrial design, it's sleek and attractive enough to take to business meetings.
Does the 18-ounce Thermos Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle fit your idea of the "perfect" water bottle?
Tip: Keep Your Hydration Bottle Clean with the OXO Water Bottle Cleaning Brush Set
Since the Thermos 18 oz. Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Hydration Bottle should be hand washed and not put in the dishwasher, it's important to have the right set of brushes for cleaning both parts thoroughly and easily. The allow you to hand wash any hydration bottle or any water bottle quickly, easily and thoroughly. set of three water bottle cleaning brushes from OXO Good Grips
- The largest brush has a very long handle and a tapered brush head that's slim enough to fit easily into our water bottles. The stiff bristles at the tip clean inside the bottom easily and the rest of the bristles are soft and clean inside the bottle efficiently without scratching the inner walls.
- The bristles of the detail brush form a loop that's perfect for cleaning inside the lid and into all the screw-on threads.
- The long handled, slim drinking straw brush is great for cleaning inside the drinking spout.
A Great, Affordable Gift for Everyone on Your Gift List!
Give the Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle This Holiday Season or Any Time!
It's the perfect gift for anyone else who cares about staying cool, healthy and hydrated.
There's no need for you, your spouse, partner, friend, relative or co-worker to settle for a water bottle that leaks or "sweats" condensation, has a mouth too narrow to fill with ice easily, isn't easy to clean and/or can't keep water ice cold all day long.
Do yourself or them a favor and buy the Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle. Mine is my constant companion day and night and it has helped me increase my daily water intake dramatically. In addition to the many health, weight loss and fitness advantages to staying well hydrated, my skin has never looked better.
© 2013 Margaret Schindel