- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Themed Parties
10 Fun Things to Do At a Sleepover
Having a sleepover? That’s just fabulous!
Having a bunch of your closest friends sleep overnight at your place is always a blast. Many memories are bound to be created and many inside jokes will come about.
There are many things to do at a sleepover, but it doesn't necessarily mean that all of them are fun.
Forget the cards and boring “bored” games. Use this time to really connect with each other on a personal basis. This might mean putting away the phones for the night, a seemingly daunting task these days.
The question is, how are you guys going to keep busy for so many hours without getting bored?
If you have a boring sleepover, your friends may not want to stay over ever again. We simply cannot have that, can we? No!
Therefore, I have compiled a list of 10 fun things to do at a sleepover.
1. Makeovers: What girl doesn’t enjoy the occasional makeover? From doing each other’s hair and makeup to painting the toes, make everyone look and feel beautiful. Go the extra mile: bust out the camera and strike some poses!
2. Spa night: Steam up that bathroom for a sauna, give each other facials and massages. Every girl deserves to be pampered sometimes and a sleepover is a perfect time! Your bodies will thank you. You’re welcome.
3. Play manhunt: A classic favorite: manhunt. This is no “hide and go seek” that you played as a child. If you live on a large piece of property or have wooded areas nearby, this is a lot of fun! Be safe and bring flashlights.
4. Watch movies or TV: The perfect way to wind down after a long night of fun is to watch a movie or two. Grab a big bowl of popcorn and pop in your favorite DVD or TV series. Okay, so you probably won’t pay much attention to the TV, but that’s even better!
5. Have a bonfire: Under the supervision of an adult, start a bon fire, roast marshmallows, and even make s’mores. Tell some scary stories, or even secrets. This is your night with your friends, make some memories!
6. Go camping: If you and your friends are okay with “roughing it,” go camping somewhere, even if it is just in your backyard. Camping can be a whole lot of fun if you do it right.
7. Play truth or dare: Another classic favorite. This should be on everyone’s list of things to do at a sleepover! Choose carefully and proceed with caution, I double-dog dare you!
8. Go swimming: Swimming is always a blast, but everyone knows swimming at night takes the fun level to a whole different story! Make up games using glow sticks and you have yourself a glow pool party!
9. Pig out: Everyone loves food, good food. Sleepovers are always a great excuse to stuff your face full of everything in sight. Make sure you have popcorn, chips, soda, and of course, every girl's favorite; chocolate! Just don’t forget to brush your teeth before bed!
10. Pull pranks: If you have your parents, younger or older siblings, or even neighbors who you know well, pull a harmless prank or two. Not only will you all be entertained, but you will likely remember this forever. Just make sure your victim has a good sense of humor!
More Slumber Party Tips
Keep in mind that everyone has a different personality and some of these activities might suit some while repulsing others.
It is important to find a good balance in your sleepover activities so as to include all of your overnight guests.
If necessary, have a couple of activities going on simultaneously so that everyone is busy and happy; after all, they made the choice to spend their entire night with you.
I challenge you to do all of these things, even if it means you get no sleep. It will be well worth it and everyone will have fun!
Don’t forget to mess with the first person that falls asleep, you know exactly what I mean. Just give fair warning if you play by this rule to avoid someone getting upset. Do not fall asleep first, or else!
And remember, even as host, you are not exempt from this rule!