- Holidays and Celebrations
Unique Dog Halloween Costumes
Fun, Affordable, Unique Halloween Costumes for Dogs
Our dog enjoys waiting on the porch to greet Trick or Treaters in their Halloween costumes - and he especially loves the extra attention his costume garners him.
This will be his 4th Halloween. Each year we have fun dressing him in a different dog Halloween costume. In fact, the neighborhood kids start asking what he'll be for Halloween as soon as school starts, although they know we won't tell them and they'll have to wait and see.
We've included some important Halloween Safety Tips, including some specifically about choosing a costume for your pet.
You will find the most amazing dog costumes on this page, including incredible prehistoric dinosaur doggie costumes, animal costumes, sailor and pirate puppy costumes, fairy tale character pet costumes, and lots more! And they are all reasonably priced high quality dog costumes for Halloween that are adorable and guaranteed to evoke smiles.
Once again, we're asking for your help in selecting one of these unusual dog costumes for him --something other than the expected Halloween icons like Skeletons, Pumpkins or the perennially popular (for canines, at least) Hot Dog costume.
If your dog is anything like ours, s/he knows s/he's cute (and how to use that cuteness to their advantage) and will enjoy the extra love and attention an affordable unique fun costume will provide this Halloween.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Costumes
Officially licensed by Nickelodeon, Donatello, Michaelangelo, and Leonardo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costumes come in sizes small, medium and large for pets, plus costumes are available in sizes and styles for every other member of your family.
Safety Tips for Choosing Pet Costumes
1. Make sure your pet is a “ham” (even if not a pot-bellied pig) and likes to dress up. Some pets love costumes and others find them very stressful. Sometimes just part of a costume can cause your pet distress. Some dogs, for example, may enjoy wearing a shirt or dress but do not like hoods or anything on their heads. Be sure your pet is comfortable wearing the costume you choose.
Sizes XS thru L Available
2. Make sure the costume does not have dangling or added pieces that can easily be chewed off. This can be a choking hazard.
3. Make sure the costume is sized appropriately for your pet. If it is too large or too small it may be dangerous. Do not dress your pet in a costume that restricts movement or hearing or impedes her or his ability to bark, drink, and eat.
4. Try the costume on your pet before Halloween to check for fit, your pet’s comfort, and to make sure your pet does not have an allergic reaction to the costume or one of its parts. Be especially careful if you decide to dye your pet’s fur. Some animals can be allergic to these products even if they are stated to be non-toxic and all natural.
Pretty Pirate Girl Theme Dog Costume
Great with the Buccaneer Pirate Costume (below) if you have two dogs!
If you're dressing up like a pirate or pirate lass why not dress your dog up to match? The Pirate Girl Dog Costume is a black white and red dog-sized dress with gold trim. It even has an attached lace petticoat and a lace pirate hat.
Arrrrf Matey! Buccaneer Pirate Halloween Costume for Dogs
Picture your dog as the most dapper scourge of the high seas. The Buccaneer Pirate Captain Dog Halloween Costume is a smart dog-sized (xs thru large) pirate suit and hat with an attached bandana.
Halloween Safety Tips for Pets
- Treats are for Human Trick-or-Treaters. Keep them away from your pet. Chocolate can be very dangerous for dogs and cats. This includes all types of chocolate. Candies containing the artificial sweetener xylitol can also cause problems.
Emergency Pet Poison Control
If you suspect your pet has ingested
something toxic call your vet or the
ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center
at (888) 426-4435 immediately.
- Pumpkins are not considered poisonous to pets, but dogs and cats who do decide to snack on them may get an upset stomach. The same goes for the decorative corn used for Halloween decorations.
Does Your Dog Have Gourmet Tastes?
Or is She Simply Delicious?
Then These are the Halloween Costumes for Your Pet(s)!
Other sizes available.
Costume includes Two piece chef dog costume with attached red bandana and adjustable hat. (Love the bone on hatband and bottom!) Other sizes are available.
More Halloween Safety Tips for Pets
- Be careful of wire cords from electrical decorations. Your pet can get tangled up in the wire or if they chew on it, can get a possibly lethal shock.
- If you light a jack-o-lantern with a candle, make sure it is somewhere out of reach of your pet. Curious pets can get burned by getting too close to a flame or they can knock it over and start a fire.
You'll Go GaGa Over These Rockin' Costumes
Halloween Pet Safety Care Tips
- The repetitive ringing of your doorbell by trick-or-treaters may frighten your pet. If that is the case, you may want to stay near the open door and greet your neighborhood goblins before they reach for the bell button.
- Unless your pet is Very social, a succession of strangers coming up to the house may be scary and stressful. If that is the case, keep your pet in a separate room away from the door.
Pet Safety - Not Just For Halloween
- Make sure your pet won’t dart outside when you open the door. Keep your pet on a leash. Even if your pet is friendly, some children may be allergic to or fearful of animals so you may need to restrain an exuberantly people-loving pet.
- As you should always do, make sure your pet has an ID tag or a microchip so if your pet does get lost you will have a much better chance of having her or him returned to you as soon as possible.
Fairy Tale Themed Dog Costumes
All of The Fairy Tale Pet Costumes Above (& More!) Can Be Found Here
Dressing the kids or entire family in a Wizard of Oz theme for Halloween? Is your dog too large to be Toto? Here's the solution! Available in sizes Small through Extra Large, this flying monkey costume is officially licensed by Warner Bros.
Knight in Shining Armor: Zack & Zoey knight costume is perfect for the classical pooch and is always a great choice for memorable halloween pictures. A costume suited for day and knight. This satin costume features a detachable hood, easy-fit pants and a sword toy with squeaker.
Snow (White) Princess: This beloved storybook character comes to life canine style. Your little girl will be as pretty as a princess dressed in layers of yellow tulle and a big red bow. This costume is great for a family dressing up in fairytale themed costumes.
King's Crown Costume Accessory: Plush style crown has faux-fur trim and jewel-like accents and is sized for your best friend in S/M (suggested for Chihuahua, Yorkie, Maltese, Beagle, Pekingese, Boston Terrier, Cocker Spaniel, Pomeranian, Toy Breeds, and puppies) and M/L (for your Retriever, Labrador, Dalmatian, Springer Spaniel, Schnauzer, Bulldog, Boxer, German Shepherd, Pit-bull, or Weimaraner).
Alice in Wonderland Queen of Hearts: This Pet Costume consists of a two piece set featuring a layered lace-trimmed dress with a black overdress that has a white collar, red hearts and a red bow. The underskirt is red with white lace trim. The headpiece is a crown made of yellow felt.
Frog Prince: Froggy Doggy Pet Costume includes hood with crown and attached cape with ties. Outfit has front Velcro closure. Machine washable.
Alice in Wonderland White Rabbit: Two piece white rabbit dog costume with adjustable drawstring ears headpiece and attached ruffled collar in an easy-to-wear pull-on design. Don't be late! Order now!
Alice in Wonderland Alice: If you love the classic Alice in Wonderland movie you will love to dress your pet in this Alice in Wonderland ensemble. Your pet will look absolutely stunning in this polyester blue apron dress with attached lace petticoat and matching black headpiece. The costume features a black bow at the back and ruffled black/white lacing around
the hem of the skirt.
Little Red Riding Hood: One piece little red hood dress dog costume includes petticoat dress with corset back, attached red hoodie, and lace details. Easy to wear front closure.
Most of the Costumes on this Page
are Available in a range of Sizes
that will Fit Most Dogs
Dinosaur Dog Halloween Stegosaurus & Triceratops Costumes
Your dog will make the cutest dinosaur when you put this great costume from Animal Planet on it. The Stegosaurus Dog Costume is a padded full suit with a dinosaur print and foam spines down its back. It also has a foam hood with dino eyes.
Many of the Costumes
on this Page are eligible
for FREE SHIPPING
Paper Magic Zelda Dog Halloween Costumes
You've Got to Love This Trio!
Above photo, Left to Right:
Zelda Punk Rocker: Exclusive Punk Rocker pet costume includes jacket, pants, wig, and studded color. You supply the dogface and attitude.
Zelda Cave Dog: Maybe dogs are known as man's best friend because they remind us of what we were like in the stone age - hairy, slobbery and totally comfortable chowing down! This Zelda Cave Costume for Dogs will take both of you back to the good old (stone age) days. Includes wig and tunic. You supply the Bones.
Zelda Rapper Doggie Dog: Includes Rapper bodysuit with silvertone necklace and hat. Da bomb! You supply da canine and da rhyme.
All Available in Pet Sizes Small, Medium, and Large at
Costumes for Jedi Dogs and those from The Dark Side - Canine Star Wars
Star Wars Fan?
You can find more Official
Star Wars Costumes
for Pets (and Boys)
as well as some Classic
Star Wars Quotes
From Universal Studios. Costume includes shirt and headpiece with attached head bolts. Other sizes available.
Would You Dress Your Dog for Halloween?
Whether you are owned by a canine or not, if you had the opportunity, would you dress your dog in a Halloween costume?
Halloween Costumes for Dogs?
Yes! They are adorable! And a treat for pups and people.
Here's Nietzsche Wearing the Costume You Selected for Him in 2012
The 2012 winning costume was the Bucaneer Pirate, with 17% of the votes as of 10/24 when we ordered the costume. There was a 3-way tie for second place with the Puppy Pirate with Hook, Sailor, and Underdog each garnering 7.4% of the votes.
Thanks to all who participated.
Halloween 2013 - Hairy Potter!
The votes this year turned out the same as last year. I was quite happy with this since it meant we didn't have to purchase another costume, but wife had a different idea. She decided to create a costume for Nietzsche and you can see the results in the photo on the right. As soon as I get the instructions from her and have a hub about it published, I'll post a link here in case you'd like to do this for your puppy.
In the meantime, you'll need some black pipe cleaners and yarn in the Gryffindor, Slitherin, or Hogwarts colors you want to use, knitting needles or if you prefer, a crochet hook. If you want to add a crest to the scarf, you can purchase an applique or make your own. Since this costume decision was made on October 30th, we didn't have time for that so my wife printed one out and glued it to the scarf.
Halloween 2014 ~ Wise Yoda It Is
More Great Halloween Costumes for Pets & People
Want to See More?
You can find all of our Pet Pages at
This page also includes some adorable photos and videos, the latest news involving dogs and cats, some of my favorite pet quotes, some fun quizzes and polls, and a few of my pets' favorite things.
Most of the information on my pet pages about dogs and cats (or, if you prefer, cats and dogs) is based on personal experience which is reflected in my choice and review of pet stories, pet supplies and pet products. As my two cats age and my puppy grows to adult dog-hood, I will be adding more pages about relevant topics.
Please paws (sorry, couldn't resist) a moment and sign our Guestbook and let us know what you think about this page. Your Feedback is very important to us.