Romantic Dance Ideas for Teens
Need ideas for that upcoming party or dance? Well here they are - lots of lovey-dovey mushy hearts and fun ideas to make your event for teenagers something special!
On this page you'll find:
- Heart shaped balloons!
- Valentine dance theme ideas!
- Decoration suggestions
- Games to play
- Things to do
- Ways to set up photo opportunities!
Balloons are quick, easy, and cheap décor that look great!
Are You Planning a Valentine Dance or Valentines Event?
Teen Dance Theme Ideas
Planning a dance or party with a theme can be lots of fun! Your theme will help you come up with great ideas for decorations, music, food, drinks, and photo opportunities. Here are a bunch of great ideas to get you started:
For Proms and Dances:
- All You Need is Love (title of a 1960's song by The Beatles)
- Heart to Heart
- Forever Friends
- Roses in Bloom
- Love in Bloom
- Friends and Lovers
- A Gathering of Friends
- Bleeding Hearts
- Pretty in Pink
- Always and Forever
- 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, etc.
- Hollywood Night
- Casino Night or Monte Carlo
- A Night in Paris
More Casual Themes:
- Hawaiian Luau
- Disney couples
- Beach or Pool Party
- Polka Dots Party
- 50's Sock Hop
- Candy Land
- Alice in Wonderland or another book or movie
Themes for a Valentine's Day Dance:
- Be Mine
- The Not-Too-Mushy Valentine Party
- Valentine Elegance
- The Anti-Valentine Bash
- Valentine Dance Night
- Valentine Formal
- Black & White Valentine Night
- Victorian Valentine
- Vampire Valentine Party
- Royal Valentine Ball
- Singles Valentine Dance
Ideas for Setting Up a Photo Booth
Setting up a corner for selfies and photos is a great way to add fun and make memories at your event. Here are some quick suggestions to get you started! Pick and choose those that work for your event and venue.
- Set up a nice loveseat or covered bench for romantic couple photos (maybe even outside if the weather permits, with a pretty arbor or background).
- Make or buy a cardboard prop people can stick their faces through with funny bodies drawn on it - like wedding clothes or cherubs.
- If you want photos to share on Facebook or elsewhere, consider putting out some disposable cameras that everyone can use and leave to be posted. Make a sign letting everyone know.
- Buy or make photo props like those pictured below (funny glasses, mustaches, speech bubbles and more on wooden dowels).
Put out fun photo props!
Love-ly Party Games
For a small party, the classic is Spin the Bottle, of course. You choose the rules. Fun-stuff-to-do.com recommends that you "Fill a bowl with loads of dares and funny things to do that are written on little pieces of paper." Whoever the spin points at has to do the dare.
Some funny dare ideas:
- Sing a love song to someone
- Exchange a piece of clothing with someone for 5 minutes
- Do your best impression of Cupid and aim your arrows at two people that might make a good pair
- Take selfies with 5 different people in the room
- Text your mom saying I love you!
Try a heart-shaped piñata for silly fun. Fill it with wrapped candies like Sweethearts, chocolate hearts (such as Dove Valentine's Heart Promises), Hershey's kisses, and other special Valentine's candy.
Have a dance contest (with winners in multiple categories like Cutest Couple, Most Romantic Dance, Silliest, etc.
Game Prize Ideas
- A giant Hershey's kiss
- A huge Valentine box of candy
- Heart-shaped cookies
- Tickets to a romantic restaurant
- A Teddy bear holding a heart
- Red roses
Make HERSHEY'S HUGS & KISSES Sweetheart Roses Craft
These pretty candy rosebuds are easy to make a look really special. Find the directions to make the Hershey's roses at this link to Hershey's official page.