Valentine Skulls and Hearts
You won't see Romantic Valentine Cards on this Page - This is the place for all things Gothic
Not everyone wants to send a lovey-dovey card. Anti-Valentine cards have a place too.
You'll find a great selection of Gothic style here - including Cards, Jewelry, and Artwork.
Skulls are cool this season. Put them with romantic hearts and you have weird and wild tongue-in-cheek symbolism, loving you to death.
When I was a teenager, many decades ago, I used to have a dinky little skeleton on a key-ring, which I loved
It used to come everywhere with me.
I suppose that was the precursor of Goth, before it was fashionable, and people used to say I was ghoulish or just plain weird. I didn't care - I always liked being a bit different, and still do. I would be rather sad if I was now thought of as ordinary, or run-of-the-mill. I don't make a point of standing out in a crowd, but I do believe in being myself, and I try not to conform to what other people think I should be, but rather to what I think I should be. That way lies peace of mind.
I must confess, I can't remember ever having sent anyone a Valentine card myself, romantic or unromantic. Maybe when I was young it just wasn't done for girls to send cards to blokes. I don't know, don't care, and, to be honest, can't remember!
I think you could say I'm a cynic.
Combining Hearts With Skulls is Surely Symbolic - The Question is "Symbolic of What?"
This to my mind might signify:
- eternal love
- I will love you till I die
- My love for you will endure beyond life itself
- In the midst of love and life we are in death
- Let's meet in the next life
.....and so on, and so forth.
On the other hand, maybe it just signifies cocking a snook at a romantic but somewhat commercialized notion of what love is supposed to be. But, paradoxically, it has itself become somewhat commercialized, wouldn't you say?
What do Gothic Skulls and Hearts Mean to You?
Skulls and Hearts on Amazon - All Gothic jewelry
Combining Hearts with Skulls is surely symbolic - The question is "Symbolic of What?"
Sending Valentine Cards is a Slightly Thought-Provoking Tradition and Raises Several Questions:
- Is it only men who send them anonymously to the woman of their dreams, or do women also send anonymous Valentines to the man of the moment?
- Is it only single people who send them, or has it now become commonplace for couples to send them?
- And what about LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) people - that could be a bit confusing: Whether and who sends what to whom, and vice versa? Would they need to reach some agreement first?
- If you are in a stable relationship, would you still send one?
- Do you feel obliged in any way to send a romantic missive to your significant other? Would the sparks fly if you didn't send one?
- What if you send more than one, i.e. to different admirees - does this make you a slightly sordid predator, or just someone who has a particularly romantic soul?
- If you don't receive a Valentine card, do you feel unpopular or rejected, or do you laugh it off or not think anything of it?
- If you receive more than one, are you a tart, or a very loveable person?
- Do you feel these questions are trivial or important?
I designed this creepy Valentine card on Zazzle You can add to or change the wording, to make it your own:
Now here's a weird Poster
You can buy this Poster from AllPosters
Ed Hardy has designed a number of different products with this design, titled "Love Kills Slowly". This Poster is on allposters.com but there is a whole range of T-Shirts, sneakers and jewelry with Ed Hardy's designs on Amazon.com
My Zazzle Skulls - You can also get this skull design on other products
Tie - Burning Skulls by GloriousConfusion
Poll About Valentine's Day - Choose your answer out of the five replies below:
See how you compare with the other readers - What do you think about sending a Valentine card to your beloved (or anyone else, come to that)?
Would you be cheeky and send skulls and hearts?
Will you be sending a Valentine card to the subject of your admiration?
A Jolly Video on YouTube - Angry Birds Spoof
Here are some links to more of my web pages about skulls, hearts, and weird things:
- Halloween Skulls and Hearts
A fun page with Gothic Halloween Skulls and Hearts, a Poll, posters,T-shirt and Skull Jewelry and a little bit of humor thrown in.
- My Weird Collection for Halloween
This is a collection of #weird things around my home, and a few other things to look at - My personal collection of oddities, including masks, anthropological artefacts and art
- Weird Things for Weirdos
I've always liked weird things, even as a child, and this is my own collection of weird things - weirdness for the sake of weirdness including figures from the British Museum, and Wallis and Grommit