Special Day, Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Birthday Breakfast Ideas for Husband/Wife Special Gourmet Breakfast
Give your Love the Gifts of Food, Drink, and Music, to get Your Special Day Cooking
Let Romantic Day Meal Ideas start a Romantic Day for You and Your Love. Beginning a Special Day with food and music add romance to your unique celebration. When Cupid draws back his bow, he takes careful aim at the hearts of all who love and are loved. But when does the celebration begin? How do you make it special for your loved one? What better way to start ? Why do we celebrate Special Days? Where do we celebrate? (at home, a getaway?)
The Recipe for Baking a Romantic Celebration
Great celebrations start as the day begins. A special breakfast feast sets the tone for a truly extraordinary day. Anyone would feel pampered to receive savory and sweet delights. An expression of love from the heart. Add a good measure of special decoration and music to fill up the senses. Think of it as an Event, an opportunity to indulge in whatever foods you wish, including any which would normally be considered dinner foods. Break the rules and enjoy!
Romance your Husband/Wife with Heart Shaped Shortbread
* 3/4 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
* 1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 3 1/2 cups flour
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
With an electric mixer,mix together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until combined. Then add vanilla. Sift together,In a medium bowl, the flour and salt; Add them to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix (low speed) until the dough comes together. Place onto a dusted surface (with flour) and roll shape into a flat round. Wrap ( plastic) and chill for 30 minutes.
Then roll the dough until 1/2-inch thick, use a heart-shaped cutter. Put the hearts on an ungreased sheet pan. Sprinkle sugar on top of them. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until light brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
If you chill the cookies before baking, the edges of the shortbread remain sharper. Cookies can be made days ahead and baked later and served.
Savor the Intimacy of 'Strawberry and Cheesecake' Crepes
The addition of a cheesecake flavored filling makes strawberry crepes even more delightful. The filling uses cream cheese folded into whipped cream. Add to this mixture some pureed strawberries (or strawberry jam) for even more strawberry flavor. These crepes are really good. They are fresh, cool and sweet with a whipped cream filling. The perfect Valentines Day breakfast.
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon sugar
1.Whisk the flour and the eggs together in a large bowl, .Slowly adding milk, water, and sugar, stir thoroughly. Mix in butter and salt.. Then beat this mixture until smooth.
2.Lightly coat a pan with oil on medium high heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Coat the pan evenly by tilting the surface.
3. Cook about 2 minutes, until light brown.Turn and cook the opposite side. Set aside in warm oven or dish. Add filling, topping and serve.
1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 batch crepes
4 tablespoons pureed strawberries or strawberry jam
2 cups strawberries (sliced)
1.In a bowl, Mix the (softened) cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla .
2. Whip the cream. Set aside some of the whipped cream for the topping.
3.Fold cream together with cream cheese mixture.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon pureed strawberries or strawberry jam onto a crepe.
5. Add 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture and some strawberries in the crepe, roll, add topping, and serve.
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters - Cut A Perfect Heart Shape Every Time
The heart shape instantly says love and so what better shape for cookie cutters can you want when preparing a special treat for your loved one? Only the shape is set in metal. What you make with these gorgeous cookie cutters is entirely up to you. Let your imagination run wild. With a healthy splash of love in every bite your loved one is sure to enjoy whatever you decide to make with these heart-shaped cookie cutters.
Here is the perfect product to make heart-shaped cookies for your loved one on their special day. Fill with your special ingredients to create something both yummy and memorable. Your special someone will appreciate the love and effort you put into making cookies using this great heart-shaped cookie cutter set from Wilton, makers of fine bakeware.
Why Celebrate with a Special Breakfast?
Sharing a Special Meal: Creating an intimate Bonding Event
At the time of Saint Valentines martyrdom, there was a pagan festival called Lupercalia. During the celebration, girls of the villages wrote their names on pieces of paper. The papers were gathered and put into a vessel. The young boys each selected a name and were paired together with the selected girl for the duration of the festivities. It matched people for social interaction through the passing of written 'messages'. Also the legend of Saint Valentine tells of Valentine sending a secret forbidden message to a young girl (whose sight he may have helped to restore, just prior to his death). The idea of Saint Valentine sacrificing all for his faith in Christianity and Love seem to be forever attached to him afterward. Saint Valentine became symbolic of romance, and principled sacrifice in support of love.
Serve Cupid's Sweet Music with a Romantic Breakfast - Let Romantic Music Set The Tone
This Timeless Anthem by Sam Cooke is a Romantic Standard
Set The Mood With Well Known Romantic Music - Or Take The Opportunity To Discover Some New
What is his/her favorite artist? Does he/she have a few favorite tracks? Do you want sweet instrumental background music, or perhaps the smooth, velvety tones of Barry White. One of the special things you can do for your loved one is to compile a special tribute consisting of a number of her/his favorite tracks and artists, to play on that special day. Wake him/her gently to the sound of their favorite romantic music and you are well on your way to beginning a very special day. No matter what his/her taste in music, Barry White knows how to get the romantic juices flowing!
Baking A Special Treat from New Zealand
* 3 egg whites
* 1 pinch cream of tartar
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar+ 4 tablespoons
* 1 teaspoon vanilla+ 1/4 teaspoon
* 2 cups whipping cream
* 4 cups strawberries (can substitute raspberries, peaches or blueberries)
*optional 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs
1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites. Add cream of tartar until firm peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glossy.Add vanilla and beat to incorporate..
2. On a baking sheet (line with foil first), then spread meringue into a 8 inch circle, Form a ridge by pushing up edges.
3. Bake at 275 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until firm. Turn off heat and leave in the oven to dry. Remove foil, and let cool. Place on dish.
4. Just before serving, whip cream with 4Tblsp Sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, then spread over meringue and cover with sliced strawberries.. Cut into wedges.
Strawberry | Passion Fruit Smooothie
1 cup sliced passion fruit (or frozen strawberries)
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1/2 cup vanilla or (strawberry yogurt for Strawberry smoothie)
4 ice cubes
4 tablespoons sugar
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend to a smooth consistency.
Pour into glasses and serve.
Chocolate Dipped Sensual Strawberries
Hand fed, of course!
* 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons shortening (or parrafin)
* 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
* small piece of styrofoam
1. Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
2. Melt the chocolate and shortening in a double boiler. Stir frequently until smooth. Using toothpick to hold the strawberries, dip the strawberries into the chocolate.
3. Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam holder until the chocolate cools.
Belgian Waffles with Whipped Cream and Fruit
A Fresh Hot Belgian Waffle with Fresh Whipped Cream and Fruit will warm any heart. The contrast of crunchy waffle mixed with sweet fruit and creamy whipped topping makes for an unforgettable taste experience.
* 2 cups cake flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 4 large eggs, separated
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 2 cups milk
* non-stick cooking spray
First, heat the waffle iron per instructions. In a mixing bowl, combine (by sifting) the flour, salt, and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Beat until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture is pale yellow. Add to this the vanilla extract, melted butter, and milk and continue to combine. Add the egg-milk mixture to the flour mixture whisking until just blended. Avoid over mixing. In a third bowl, beat the egg whites until peaks form, (it takes about 1 minute). Gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter, with a rubber spatula. Again avoid over mixing! Use a non-stick cooking spray to coat the waffle iron and pour just enough batter to cover the grid. Cook according to instructions until golden, (which should take about 2 to 3 minutes. Top with fresh whipped cream and sliced fruit. Serve while hot.
Musical Mimosa To Whet The Apetite
Alcoholic or non-alcoholic
To make great Mimosa, fill a champagne flute 1/3 full with good quality
freshly squeezed Orange Juice. Add a good quality champagne. Top
off with a dash of Grenadine. Serve with your favorite romantic music.
Sinatra perhaps. If Mimosa is not to your taste, a tall glass of champagne
can be just as refreshing and romantic on that special day.
Unique Breakfast Toasting Glasses - Say "I Love You" while sharing a Special Beverage
A Perennial Favorite for a Special Day Breakfast
* 4 egg yolks
* 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 pinch ground white pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 cup butter, melted
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 8 eggs
* 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
* 8 strips Canadian-style bacon
* 4 English muffins, split
* 2 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Make Hollandaise using a double boiler filled part-way with water. Water should not touch top pan. Heat water to a gentle boil.Whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon water. Place mixture into top pan.
2. Incorporate the melted butter to egg mixture 1 tablespoon at a time while whisking constantly. Hollandaise may be thinned with water if needed. Continue whisking until all butter is d. Whisk in salt, then remove from heat. Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm.
3. Preheat oven to broil. Poach Eggs by using a pan with 3 inches of water. Bring water to a gentle boil, and add vinegar. Break eggs into and cook for 2 1/2 minutes. Remove eggs - set on a warm plate.
4. Brown bacon in a pan over medium-high heat. Toast muffins under the broiler.
5. Spread butter on toasted muffins ,then top each with bacon, and an egg. Place muffins on a plate and drizzle with Hollandaise. Serve immediately.
Where the Perfect Special Day Breakfast will be Served
Should the Perfect Breakfast be served at Home or away from Home at a Special Hideaway?
Stay In Bed - Watch A Good Romantic Movie - Relax With A Romance DVD
Special Day Foods Make it Special for Your Loved One - Sweet & Savory Breakfast Ideas, Sweet Music, Chocolate Truffles, Stuffed Animals, and a Special Place
Sociologists, in studying human behavior, found that humans perceive the sharing of food as a bonding experience. Hence the phrase "breaking bread" with someone. This universal gesture communicates welcoming and acceptance even before words are spoken. If, instead of simply breaking bread, we share exceptional delicacies, the occasion is instantly transformed into an event.
So then, perhaps decorations, music, clothing, food and drink, personal gifts and writings, travel to the most pleasant unusual surroundings, and even attractive scents all add to the quality of the experience.
Prepare The Perfect Setting Yourself - Or Grab An All-In-One Gift Basket
Romantic Special Day/Birthday Preparation Checklist:
* Breakfast foods'
* Mimosa or Champagne
* Romantic music
* Great romance movie
* Champagne/Toasting glasses
What is left? Preparing the scene of this special breakfast! Whether you plan to serve and enjoy this breakfast in the bedroom, or at the dining table, or even at an outside venue, there are a few things which can add to the romantic theme of this day. Roses, rose petals, greetings card, candles, massage oils and more.
A Special Day In A Gift Basket Of Love - Let A Gift Basket Add To Your Romantic Ideas
Sometimes life just gets in the way, and even the best intentions are difficult to carry out. Save yourself some time and grab a specially prepared gift basket comprising all the wonderful ideas you would have put together yourself. Gift Baskets designed for every occasion!.