- Holidays and Celebrations
Free Floral Vintage Christmas Cards
Anyone who celebrates Christmas (and probably even those who don't) know that these floral elements usually accompany the Christmas holiday: holly, mistletoe, poinsettias, and pine boughs and cones. Images of those "flowers" are ubiquitous in vintage Christmas cards, and you'll see plenty of examples of those below. But I thought it also would be interesting to provide some cards that don't have the traditional floral elements or that only incorporate them as an addition to other flowers more associated with other seasons of the year. The first group of cards below does just that.
Please follow the instructions below to download the best version of each vintage Christmas card:
2. To download, choose a small version of any of the vintage floral Christmas cards above the large images to the right and across the bottom of the page. When you click on one of the images, it will appear larger.
3. If you have a PC, just right-click and save the final version of the artwork to your hard drive. If you have a Mac, control-click the Christmas card image until you see an option to save the image.
Non-traditional FlowersClick thumbnail to view full-size
About These Cards
One of the cards features poppies, which I associate with California in the spring. If memory serves, the poppy is the state flower of California. When I was growing up in Los Angeles, poppies would sometimes grow by the freeway on-ramps. They've probably given way to more drought-tolerant plants at this point, but I remember the colors being beautiful and the flowers quite delicate-looking for their locations that were shrouded in car exhaust.
There's also a cute puppy and an adorable little girl with what I imagine are violets or lavender.The Christmas bell also looks like it has violets incorporated ito the design. There are also hydrangeas, geraniums, chrysanthemums and lilies, along with what are probably some made-up flowers. It doesn't matter, as long as they look pretty!
The other cards feature holly and poinsettias, with a little mistletoe thrown in for good measure. My particular favorite is the hot air balloon with holly and mistletoe. Apparently this image was actually a Christmas gift tag because it has "To" and "From" printed on it. This one is perfect if you want to make vintage-look gift tags as gifts or to sell this holiday season.
HollyClick thumbnail to view full-size
The cards hail from various eras, but I know at least one of them is 100 years old, because it as "1908" printed on it. Some of them are even older than that, which you can tell by the clothing styles.
There were also a variety of printing techniques used in the production of these cards when they were new. Some of them even had gold foil stamped on them, and you can see the remnants of that in the scans.
I hope you enjoy these vintage Christmas cards. I'm sure you'll find plenty of uses for them!
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Looking for More Vintage Art?
The Free Clip Art Sourcebook has a vast selection of vintage and contemporary art for most major holidays, as well as for many other subjects. Art formats include clip art, vintage cards, paper dolls, craft templates, gift certificates and more. Each piece of art at each of the many links are completely free -- and the book is also free to download! I designed the book to keep track of all the clip art pages I've created online, so I decided to share it to make it easier for all of us to find good clip art when we need it.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
PoinsettiasClick thumbnail to view full-size
Vintage Clip Art CDs from Amazon
>>> Make Money Writing <<<
Other WordPlay Holiday Hubs
- Free Personalized Santa Letters
- Free Christmas Images
- Free Vintage Christmas Images
- Free Antique Toy Christmas Cards
- Free Winter Snow Victorian Christmas Cards
- Free Vintage Animal Christmas Cards
- Holiday Gifts for Writers
- How to Make 3-D Holiday Cards
- My Favorite Holiday Movies
- Make Your Own Free Hanukkah Cards
- Out-of-This-World Holiday Dip
- Free Vintage Christmas Gift Tags
- Free Christmas Activities, Puzzles and Crafts for Kids
- Free Vintage Santa Graphics
- Free Vintage Christmas Angels Clip Art
- Free Vintage Christmas Angel Cards
- Free Christmas Coloring Pages 1
- Free Christmas Coloring Pages 2
- Free New Years Clip Art
- Free Vintage Happy New Year Cards
- Free Vintage New Years Clip Art
- Free Printable Holiday Gift Certificates
Website content for this hub was written by Carla Chadwick for B2B Content Solutions.