- Holidays and Celebrations
Make a Wall Christmas Tree with Garlands and Lights
Create a Garland Light Christmas Tree for the Wall
Christmas Trees that are put up on the wall are not only a great decorating idea for those with limited space, but they can save the holidays for parents of young children and pet owners may find putting up a traditional Christmas tree challenging. A wall tree is perfect solution for curious cats and little children's hands.
One of the easiest ways to put up a Christmas wall tree is by hanging garlands, strings of Christmas lights, Christmas ornaments or a combination of all of the above using with Command 3M decorating clips.
Add in ornaments and a star to make the wall tree feel even more like a real Christmas tree.
By using garlands and lights you may already have the cost of putting up a wall tree goes way down. A wall garland tree can be done for just the cost of the decorating clips.
Read on to see how easy it is to make your own Christmas wall tree.
Christmas Garland Tree on the Wall
How to Make a Wall Garland and Light Christmas Tree
Making a Christmas tree for the wall can be done fairly simply using a few basic supplies.
Christmas garlands and lights are colorful ways to create a wall tree. Using garlands with lights already a part of them, makes it even easier. Add some ornaments and a star to make the wall tree even more festive.
Decide on the size of the tree that you want and then figure out the number of garlands needed or the number of strings of lights to complete the size of the tree.
If you look at the video clips from Tara Dennis below, you can see that she meticulously measures out the wall tree design.
These are the perfect tree for curious climbing children or cats.
Just be sure to keep the cats away from the walls and the tree out of the reach of little curious hands.
Christmas garland on a brick all by Cliff.
Used under a Creative Commons License.
Time required: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Cost: Varies on Supplies Chosen
- Christmas garland
- Christmas lights
- Christmas ornaments
- Christmas decorations
- Decorating hooks
- Wire hooks
- Rubbing alcohol
- Clean walls
- Measuring tape
1. Choose your Christmas tree making materials e.g. garlands, lights, beads. (If you use old Christmas tree decorations, the cost of putting up a wall tree is pretty minimal)
2. Decide on the size of the tree that you want. Plan the tree location so it will be away from little hands, paws and noses.
3. If accuracy of the design is important, sketch out the size of the tree and accurately measure the number of garlands and lights needed.
4. Get the Command 3M Decorating Clips.
5. Clean the wall in the areas the clips will be attached.
6. Apply the decorating clips according to the directions.
7. Hang up the garlands and lights.
8. Add some ornaments and a star to make the wall tree even more festive.
Christmas Garland and Light Tree Examples - Examples to Inspire Your Own CreationsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Christmas Wall Tree from Lights - Video Tutorial
Learn how to put up a Christmas tree of lights on the wall from Tara Dennis.
Christmas Garlands on Amazon
Christmas Wall Tree from Garlands - Video Tutorial
Jenny Duong shows how to make a Christmas Tree on the wall using garlands.
Christmas Wall Tree from Ornaments - Video Tutorial
Discover how easy it is to make a Christmas Tree on the wall using Ornaments and Command™ Clear Hooks from Tara Dennis.
Here are the links to the images used in the examples above. All are used under a creative commons license.
- Our "Chritsmas Tree" | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Cat's won't climb this! I love 3M Command Hooks.
- Ornaments and all | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I could even hang ornaments on it. (Command 3M hooks).
- Holiday Decorations | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Decorations in Clarendon, Arlington, and Old Town Alexandria
- 1 & 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
1 & 2
- holiday colors | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
- Lighted Christmas Tree | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
lighted tree hanging on the living room wall
Other Instructions on Making a Christmas Garland Tree
- How to Make a Christmas Tree from Garland - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com
Christmas garlands is a cool way to make a Christmas tree when you are on a budget.
- The garland tree: Make a tabletop Christmas tree from wooden stakes and garland | OregonLive.com
This project goes together in only a few minutes.
Ideas for Decorating Christmas Garlands
Sparkly Christmas Garland
More Ideas for Making Christmas Garlands
- DIY Christmas Glitter & Pearl Ribbon Decor | ...love Maegan
Easy and pretty DIY Christmas Glitter & Pearl Ribbon Decor for the tree or anywhere
- Festive star garland | Folding Trees
Here’s a seasonal twist on my origami lucky wishing stars tutorial!
- How to Make a Christmas Tree Garland :: Craft Tutorial | The TomKat Studio
Today, I am sharing the tutorial for making the Glittered Wood Letter Garland that I used on the tree.
Christmas Garland with Pine Cones
Do you think you might make a Christmas tree for the wall using garlands and/or lights?