Interesting Party Ideas and Weird Holidays Go Hand in Hand
Weird Holidays Can Make For Great Parties
Few people realize that there are quite a few offbeat, strange and weird holidays that can be used as a great excuse to get together with your friends and throw a party. I have personally used several of the holidays listed below to throw celebrations that everyone enjoyed.
The key to making one of these types shindigs successful is knowing how to celebrate (many times this can be left up to you) and communicating that clearly with those whom you invite. I usually do this with either an invitation card or some kind of post on a media outlet like Facebook along with a contact number for any more questions. As an aside, I've found that this type of get together is best made for smaller, close-knit groups (12-20 people) rather than a large amount.
The fun, albeit unique holidays found below are perfect for these uncommon celebrations, but I'm only going to list the most basic info for each one. More detailed info on them can be found quite easily by either using a search engine or your own imagination. The great thing about a lot of the less commonly celebrated holidays listed below are that the rules for celebration are not as strict. I hope you find at least a few to make your year a little bit more fun than usual. Thank you for taking a look.
Did you come here for the weird holiday or for a party idea?
A Little Taste of Things To Come
- National Spaghetti Day (4th): A great reason for friends to get together and enjoy a good meal. Even better if everyone helps make the meal.
- Kiss A Ginger Day (12th): Perfect for people who have some red-headed friends. You could also dye your hair a lovely shade of red.
- Opposite Day (25th): Statements mean the opposite of what they usually mean. I also like to celebrate this day by doing the opposite of what I would normally do - George Costanza style.
- Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day (last Monday of the month): A lot of fun can be had on this day because of the protective nature of bubble wrap.
- Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (first Saturday): A bunch of people making their own strange flavors and then sharing them with each other is a great way to spend a Saturday morning.
- Random Act of Kindness Day (17th): Fun to celebrate on your own, but with friends the acts can be done on a much larger scale. Me and mine like to mow people's yards.
- National Margarita Day (22nd): Anyone up for a midnight margarita party?
- IHOP International Pancake Day: Pancake party!
- Old Stuff Day (2nd): When someone asks you what you're up to and you respond, "Not much, same old stuff.", then use this day to break out of this rut. The perfect day for a game of Truth or Dare with some strangers.
- Be Nasty Day (8th): There are plenty of people out there that like to be on the receiving end of someone being nasty to them. This is the day to pair together with someone who wants to let off a little steam, but it is best done for only a few hours.
- National Goof Off Day (22nd): Pretty self-explanatory.
St. Patrick's Day For Kids
- National Beer Day (7th): Inspired by the repealed act that prohibited the buying, selling and consumption of beer back in 1933 by President Roosevelt.
- Walk on Your Wild Side Day (12th): A great day for friends to get together and do things that they normally wouldn't do.
- Friday the 13th (13th): Surly you can come up with some cool party ideas for this day. Camping trip anyone?
- Look Alike Day (20th): Perfect day to try and dress up or act like your favorite actor, actress, character or friend. The more detail you go into, the more looks you will get (if you go out into public).
- International Dance Day (29th): I think it's great whenever someone breaks out in dance. It always gives you something to talk about.
April Fools Day Pranks For Everyone!
- Intergalactic Star Wars Day (4th): May the fourth be with you.
- Free Comic Book Day (5th / 1st Saturday): Support your local comic shop as well as getting some free comics. Not a big collector? Odds are good as you'll still have fun as most shops throw a celebration.
- National Scooter Day (19th): If you've ever seen a mob of scooters going down the street, odds are good it was on this day.
- National Moonshine Day (5th): We all know how to celebrate this day, just celebrate it responsibly.
- Worldwide Day of Giving (15th): Giving can be a lot of fun, especially when done in a group. Do try to give away something that people actually appreciate, though.
- National Meteor Watch Day (30th): A great excuse to lay under the night sky with a blanket and some friends.
Fireworks Are Always Fun
- World UFO Day (2nd): Don't be a party pooper and share your that terrifying UFO experience you had back in the 1970's.
- National No Bra Day (9th): Yay for boobies!
- Friday the 13th (13th): I've celebrated this day several times. One year, we had a costume party with only one rule - you must dress up as a victim; no Jason's allowed.
- National Day of the Cowboy (28th / fourth Saturday): Celebrate the cowboy culture with pride and have a great excuse to do so.
- National Dance Day (28th / last Saturday): Don't be afraid to bust out a move in public. If someone says something, tell them what day it is and maybe they'll join you.
- National Coloring Book Day (2nd): It's a lot more fun than you might think getting together with a bunch of friend to color... especially if alcohol is involved.
- National Garage Sale Day (11th / second Saturday): Spending a whole day is a great way to relax and get some good deals.
- Tug-of-War Day (29th / last Wednesday): A get-together finished off by some friendly competition is always a lot of fun.
- National Tailgating Day (1st / first Saturday): This one is for football fans.
- Scooby-Doo Day (13th): Have fund dressing up as your favorite character or villain from the classic TV cartoon show... then party all night long.
- National Ghost Hunting Day (29th / last Saturday): Start off the new Halloween season by getting yourself into some scary situations with the spiritual realm.
Everyone Celebrates Halloween, Right?
- World Octopus Day (8th): Weird.
- International Beer and Pizza Day (9th): I don't know about you, but I celebrate this day several times throughout the year.
- National Cake Decorating Day (15th): You really find out that some of your friends are a lot more creative than others when you honor this holiday.
- National Candy Corn Day (30th): Don't just eat these delicious treats, make art out of them.
- Sandwich Day (3rd): Throw a party with the main contest is seeing who can make the weirdest sandwich. Some will taste pretty good.
- National Pickle Day (14th): Celebrate the importance of this tried and true side item that goes with almost any kind food you can eat with your hands.
- National Cookie Day (4th): Who can go through life without eating this wonderful snack?
- Annual Day of the Ninja (5th): You can have a lot of fun on this day if you do a little research, just try to not put anyone's eye out.
- National Candy Cane Day (26th): Is that a candy cane in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Weird Holiday Traditions
© 2018 Don