- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Greeting Cards
75 Sayings You Can Write in a Card to a Friend
Unexpected Friends - Sometimes Words Aren't Needed, but Just in Case, They're are 75 Sayings Below
25 Funny Things to Write Inside of a Card for a Friend
If your friend appreciates humor and you both spend a little too much time joking around, then you're going to want to write something that caters to that part of your relationship.
Find a funny saying below and modify it to suit your personality or simply write the saying as you see them inside a funny card:
1. We've spent a little too much time together; our parents keep mixing us up.
2. When you need to get it all out of your system, call me anytime and yell at me, that's what I'm here for.
3. Don't say I never do anything for you, I bought a card and wrote words in it - you know how much effort it takes me to even do that. You're welcome.
4. Show me a home where the Buffalo roam and I know I'll find you outdoors roaming with them. You're part forest.
5. Stop calling me, you drive me crazy and I love you too much to tell you to your face. Just kidding, if you didn't call I'd melt like the wicked witch I am.
6. Do not even think about going out without me tonight, I've handed you this card to keep you in my line of sight.
7. So you're tired, fed-up, at your wits end and ready to bury your head under the blankets ... well, that's why I'm here ... to rip off the covers, stretch your wits and starve you back to life.
8. You've given me so much that I wanted to return the favor and give you this card - just kidding, get dressed we're going out. Bring cash.
9. The last time I checked, you were the perfect friend, not sure what happened since then, but you've gotten even more perfect. I hate you with love.
10. Friends jump in and show friends how to be a friend - well thanks for always jumping in and teaching me a thing or two.
11. Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred, cause tonight is my treat - I'm driving, I'm paying, and after you're done passing out, we're going out, so get that shocked fainted look off your face and let's get the night started.
12. Sometimes life hands you lemonade and then sometimes life hands you the best friend of the century - I was tired of sucking lemons but glad you came into my life to sour it up some more.
13. Don't worry be happy, actually, worry a lot, cause I'm taking you out tonight. Bring bail money.
14. If there was ever a time I needed someone, it's now - that's why I'm bribing you with this card filled with compliments about your perfection. Help me buddy, I'm a mess!!
15. You're the perfect one. That's what everyone says. Well excuse me, that's not quite true and we both know it - you're the crazy one!! And that's what I love about you. Stay crazy.
16. I lost myself, I found myself, I lost you, I found you - you're the one constantly changing friend in my life who I'm clearly addicted to.
17. Yesterday we were 5. Why do I feel we're headed back to that time in our life?
18. We grew up together, we're growing old together, funeral plots are my treat.
19. Don't panic, I'll always be your friend, 'cause you know too much about me - it's not safe for me to do otherwise. I'm here outta fear.
20. You always forgive me. You need to ask yourself if I'm worth it, then scream the words I know are inside you...hell yeah!
21. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is the present you're not getting. Here's a lovely card though with words and everything.
22. I can't believe we're still friends. I won't testify against you if you don't testify against me. That's what friends are for, apparently.
23. You've been the best friend anyone could have, and that's the last nice thing I'm going to say about you until tomorrow.
24. If you jump I jump. Two crazies make a right. Let's Thelma and Louise this thing - but skip the whole car over a cliff part.
25. Politically we're opposites. I forgive you. That's what friends are for.
25 Sayings to Write in Card for a Friend that Speak to the Life Long Friendship You've Shared
If you've been friends forever, then choose from these 25 messages to write in a card for any occasion.
1. When I look back on my life, you were always there.
2. We've shared every part of life and survived it all. We're simply the best.
3. If I could travel back in time I would visit you when we were teenagers and tell you that it all works out.
4. We don't get re-dos in life, and I'm glad because I could never have made it through without you.
5. You've been the biggest comfort to me. When others walked away, you stayed. I love you.
6. You're the thump noise in my heartbeat - 'tha-thump' 'tha-thump'. It couldn't beat without you.
7. Did you know that I've always been jealous of you, but in the best possible way. You've always inspired me to do better.
8. Friends are more than friends, they're fried at both ends - hence 'friends'.
9. Today we're seniors, yesterday we were playing in puddles. At some point we'll be meeting again on the other side. I couldn't have lived to be this old without you.
10. When you walk the road of life and I'm not there, know that I'm there, and I never left. I can't fail you; we're one.
11. Sunshine heats the air, and your friendship keeps me breathing.
12. We've lived through Rock 'N Roll, Pop Punk and Rap. It's time to go back to nursery rhymes.
13. Friends don't have to talk to each, they read each others minds. I love not talking to you.
14. From young skin, to aged skin, we've wrinkled together. But those wrinkles are really laugh lines.
15. The beginning, the middle and the end. That's where we've travelled.
16. I wouldn't trade our years together for all the money in the world. If I did, I'd split it with you anyway.
17. In the spring we danced in puddles while summer gave us bikinis. Pushing our kids on the swing filled the fall air. Today it's colder but our memories and shoulders carry us through the winter of life. And with all the changes, we've been best friends through all of life's seasons.
18. The famous saying 'don't worry be happy' is easy to live by because you're my friend.
19. When I lost my way, you brought me home, when I closed my mind, you opened my heart, and when I hurt the ones I loved, including you, you forgave me every time. Friends for life doesn't even touch what I feel for you.
20. We dance, we laugh, we cry, but always do it together.
21. When the phone rings, it's you. That makes me happy and very grateful to have you in my life.
22. If I wrote a song about our friendship, it would make the whole world cry.
23. You are the Grammy I always wanted to win. You like me, you really like me.
24. You are the gift I give myself when everyone else has been unwrapped and handed out.
25. If I had three wishes, having you in my life would be all three of them - just cause I'd want two backups.
Sarcasm for the Special Friend
25 Purely Sarcastic Messages to Write in a Card for that Special Friend Who's Really Cool with Sarcasm
You and your friend share something very special; the love of sarcastic humor. To celebrate your friendship, here are 25 edge-filled sayings you can write in a card. Modify them any way that works or just write them as you see them here:
1. You exhaust me. Witches can do that.
2. You call yourself my friend yet won't share your boyfriend. Sure.
3. When you come over, bring your broom cause we're going out later.
4. This is your chance to get rid of me. Just say my name three times, stomp your feet twice and buy me a car. I'll disappear for sure.
5. Friends are like ice, they freeze when you put them in a freezer. Oops.
6. We never keep secrets from each other, and that's why I'm on meds. Thanks.
7. If you ask to borrow my car one more time, I'm taking out the seats.
8. Fifty years of friendship and you haven't changed a bit, you've changed a ton! Holy hell girl, use cream.
9. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I laugh, why is it when I cry you laugh and when I laugh you cry? We're a mess.
10. Stay with me forever. I'm delusional, don't listen.
11. If I could pick any friend in the world, I'd pick you 30 years ago. Wake up already! Let's go out.
12. We're young, crazy and full of promise. Yeah sure, we're full of something but apparently it's not 'promise'.
13. When we confess our sins to each other, it's like an exorcism.
14. Our heads can spin full circle. No biggy.
15. We're really sisters. Let's figure out which dad Is the real one.
16. Time heals all wounds. Except the broken arms we got from jumping roof tops. We can't wave right to this day and we both know that's the only reason we never became beauty queens.
17. You're gorgeous. I'm practicing decency.
18. If you knew what I knew you would understand why we're friends! Nasty but cool.
19. We danced all night. After that it's all a blur.
20. For your birthday I thought we'd go to confession first.
21. Here's the truth; you're really my best friend. Hide, I'm nuts.
22. Without you as my friend, I would still have a lot of things I lost.
23. Friends are earth angels. Someone forgot to give you your wings.
24. This card will self destruct after you read it. We both know you'll never get that far.
25. I choose you. Because I'm nuts. You complete me.
A Best Friend Song with the Perfect Message - Find Out Who Your Friends Are by Tracy Lawrence
© 2017 Barbara Tremblay Cipak