Where to find Halloween Costumes for Plus Size Women
Halloween Costumes in Plus Sizes
Halloween is around the corner and it's time to start thinking about what costume you want to wear this year. That can bee a challenge when you are a plus-sized woman. Most costumes at the local costume store don't come in plus sizes. What's a woman to do? Go to the internet. There are lots of places to get good, quality costumes for reasonable prices...and they are plus size.
Plus Size Halloween Costumes on the Internet
- eBay is one of the best places on the web to get a plus-size Halloween costume. You will find commercial costumes, as well as homemade costumes and re-enactment clothing, for that really authentic look. Commercial costumes and cast-offs tend to be the cheapest. Homemade costumes can range from cheap to really expensive, but you can't beat the quality. Re-enactment clothing is the most expensive. Those costumes are usually hand-sewn to exacting standards, using authentic materials of the era. Use the "Buy it Now" feature to get your costume fast.
- OneStopPlus.com This website provides products from several different well-known providers, such as; Roamanns, Jessica London, Lane Bryant, Avenue and Woman Within. Go to the site and search for "costumes". You will find a variety of Halloween costumes available in every size, shape, style and price point.
- Amazon.com carries a full range of plus-sized women's Halloween costumes.
- Pyramid.com offers fun, goddess and witchy-themed clothing year round. You can get everything, from dresses and capes to spider rings and skull pendants.
Sexy, Silly, Serious or Sweet? - What is your favorite look for Halloween?
The great thing about Halloween, is that you can change your persona for a day and nobody will even bat an eye. That's part of the fun of it, after all. So, if you could be anything you want, break out of your mold, and money was no object...what would you be for Halloween?
If you could have one wish and turn into any one of these for a day, which would you choose?
Goddess and Queenly Crowns and Tiaras
Tips for Buying Halloween Costumes on the Internet
Measure, Measure, Measure!
When buying clothing, either for Halloween or for everyday use, the most important thing to do is to measure yourself. NEVER depend on the size given or the size that you THINK you are. Every manufacturer has their own standard for sizes, and anything imported from Asia tends to be skimpy ans small for the size.
Important places to measure are:
- Arms - to make sure that sleeves will fit properly
- Back Length (from base of neck to waist-line)
If any of those proportions are off you will have trouble fitting into your costume. If in doubt, buy a costume that is one size LARGER. You can always take in, but you cannot let it out to make it bigger very easily.
When reading the description of the garment on the website, pay attention to the measurements given. make sure they match your measurements or are slightly larger.
Remember that clothing bought from places like eBay or Amazon can usually not be returned. Clothing bought at regular retailers will usually accept returns, but not always on costumes. They don't want people buying costumes for Halloween and then returning them after the party. Check with the terms and conditions of sale on the website BEFORE you purchase.
Make-Up Kits for Halloween
My Halloween Memories
When I was growing up, we always made our own costumes. We would plan them for months before Halloween, my brother and sister and I all trying to outdo each other with our creative ideas. My sister came up with the best I have ever seen. She became Half-n-Half. One half of her was a lady, the other was a man, complete with a frilly dress and long hair on one half and short hair and a suit on the other side. It was amazing. What was your best Halloween costume, then or now?