- Holidays and Celebrations
Valentine Presents To Wow Your Sweetie On A Budget Or With Zero Budget!
Lavish Her With Love On Valentine's Day... On A Budget!
The most often given Valentine's Day gifts are flowers, candy, jewelry, and personal gifts like perfume or lingerie, and cards. Let's say you're an aspiring Romeo, out to impress your sweetheart on Valentine's Day as most guys are! Depending where you shop, a dozen roses can set you back $75 or more, pinpoint size diamond earrings at a jewelry store start around $150, a bottle of perfume at the mall starts around $50 and goes up and up... what's a poor guy to do! And that's all before you add the dinner and movie!
If you're operating on around a $100 budget for Valentine's, let me propose a new idea for you to try! Rather than try to settle for just one item out of the list, what if I were to tell you that you could give her flowers, candy, diamond earrings, perfume AND a card, all for under $100?
The secret is some very smart online shopping! And guess what, I've already done most of the work for you! I've found the perfect budget-right gifts, curated only from Amazon with their rock-solid guarantee, so you can shop right here with total confidence and just wait for your deliveries to arrive! Now you've got your jewelry, perfume, and candy -All you'll need to do is stop by your favorite local florist or floral department at the grocery store and pick up a nice single red rose (have them add some baby's breath and leather leaf please, put water tubes on and wrap them to protect against cold please!) That should set you back another $10.
I'm betting that your sweetie will know that you are working on a budget and will be so blown away that you tried to do "everything" for her!
Wishing you... and she... the happiest Valentine's Day ever! Now let's get busy shopping, time's a-wasting!
OH - One little PS. Just in case calamity has struck and wrecked your Valentine budget plans, I've included nine low or no cost ideas for showing your Valentine you care! And if you happen to choose to add a couple of those ideas to your already planned shopping, bonus points for you!!
Here Are My Personal Picks On Amazon!
One Perfect Rose Says It All!
I did this illustration several years ago for a good friend on Valentine's Day.
Ideas For Very Low Or No Budget Gifts For Valentines
Ahhh... there are some times in life that catastrophe strikes with the worst possible timing! Your cat had a big unexpected vet bill... your car broke down... you had to take a sudden unplanned trip... something decided to wreak havoc with your best laid plans for your Valentine budget! What to do!
First, don't panic. In my humble opinion, if your significant other doesn't understand your situation and accept it with some degree of grace... well, maybe... nah... that's a subject for another lens! Explain, if you feel you need to, but don't apologize! (Unless of course your blew your Valentine money on Keno or at the boats, in which case you may get a Valentine spanking:) (just kidding!!)
Point being, you're in this situation, you're stuck, and you want to show this wonderful person you care! So here are a few simple, low or no cost ways to show her how you feel! Do as many of them as you like, the more the merrier!
- Write her a letter and tell her your 3 favorite things about her, and why you love her.
- Write her a poem or song, if you're a poetic or musical sort of person. If you aren't, then go online and find a great love poem that seems to fit how you feel and take the time to hand copy it on a decent piece of paper. Roll it up like a scroll and tie it with a ribbon, or even put a rubber band around it, and give it to her.
- Go to the dollar store and pick up a $1 photo album. Choose a couple of your favorite photos of the two of you, or of her, and print them out at the right size to fit the album. Present it to her with the promise to fill it up with lots of pictures of future fun times together!
- Take a long, romantic walk by a lake, river, stream, ocean, or whatever the coolest scenery is that you have close by.
- Make her a handmade Valentine card. You can get glitter, glue, construction paper and scissors along with Valentine stickers at your local dollar store for next to no money.
- Give her a "coupon" for a one hour foot massage or whatever her favorite pampering treatment might be. And deliver!!
- Is there something she's been asking you to fix or do forever that you've been putting off? Do it for her!
- Put up with watching an entire "chick movie" of her choice – you rent the movie.
- If you cook, prepare her favorite meal for her. If you don't – pick up her favorite treat – ice cream, candy, etc.
Fresh Flowers On Amazon!
It Doesn't Matter What I Get For Her, She'll Love Me Anyway!