- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Books & Novels
10 Things Great Dads Do by Rick Johnson
I was sent a free copy of 10 Things Great Dads Do by Rick Johnson in exchange only for my honest and unbiased review of 10 Things Great Dads Do by Rick Johnson.
Rick Johnson currently with his two almost adult children and his wife in Gresham, Oregon. Rick Johnson created a program called Better Dads, to teach Dad's to not only be better Dad's, but to empower men to lead and serve in their families and communities.
Rick Johnson has written many books including:
- That's My Son: How Moms Can Influence Boys to Become Men of Character
- Better Dads, Stronger Sons: How Fathers Can Guide Boys to Become Men of Character
- That's My Teenage Son: How Moms Can Influence Their Boys to Become Good Men
- That's My Girl: How a Father's Love Protects and Empowers His Daughter
- A Man in the Making: Strategies to Help Your Son Succeed in Life
- Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half: Why Differences Make a Marriage Great
- The Man Whisperer: Speaking Your Man's Language to Bring Out His Best
- 10 Things Great Dads Do: Strategies for Raising Great Kids
- The Power of a Man: Using Your Influence as a Man of Character
- How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen: And Listen So Your Husband Will Talk
First off as I wrote at the top of this hub, "I was sent a free copy of 10 Things Great Dads Do by Rick Johnson in exchange only for my honest and unbiased review of 10 Things Great Dads Do by Rick Johnson."
Now as many of you know I am not a Dad, parent, or a man. However I found this book to be interesting from a psychological perspective. I honestly expected the book to be at least a little bit sexist and I was so happy to be proven wrong. This is not a book that focuses only on men nor is it one of those you need to be a man to be a good dad.
Instead this book focuses on helping fathers to truly connect with their family. 10 Things Great Dads Do by Rick Johnson teaches fathers about how much impact they can truly have on their child. 10 Things Great Dads Do by Rick Johnson even goes as far as to say that to be a great Dad sometimes you have to let go of your manly image. If you have a little girl then you might need to play tea party, nail painting, dress up, or lunch date drop off pick up assistance.
I found the style of 10 Things Great Dads Do by Rick Johnson to be a nice change from most guy books. I liked the fact that it threw the whole "man card" thing out the window. I would recommend this book to any father, and/or potential father because it provides a clear look at what it takes to be a truly amazing Dad.