25 Best Books for Child and Parent Bonding
Best children's books about love
All of these books are absolute favorites of many kids, I believe they are a necessity in every home who has small children. It is a lot of fun to read these books with kids, to talk about the stories, and to laugh together. It is a perfect time to cuddle with your child or grandchild and show how much you love them, while reading these books. Any of the books listed below would be a wonderful gift to any child in your life for any occasion, including Birthday and Christmas.
1. Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
This is a well known book about Little Nutbrown Hare and a Big Nutbrown Hare, and their love for each other.
2. Mama, How Long Will You Love Me? by Anna Pignataro
Mama shows her bear cub how their love is as everlasting as everything they see and do.
3. A Pocket Full of Kisses by Audrey Penn
This is the most beautifully illustrated book I have ever seen, and the story is as bright as the pictures, about a little raccoon, his baby brother and their mother, who was telling them how much she loves them.
4. Just You and Me by Sam McBratney
Story about Little Goosey and how she wanted to have Big Goosey all to herself, the storm was about to begin, and she wanted to hide somewhere, just her and Big Goosey.
5. You're All My Favorites by Sam McBratney
Mcbratney is one of the best children's authors. This book is a must-have if you have more than one child, because in this book is a story about three little bears asking they parents if parents love them all the same.
6. I'll Always Love You by Paeony Lewis
When little Alex broke mom's favorite bowl, he wanted to know if she still loved him. Alex's mom is explaining to him that there are no conditions to her love, that she loves him no matter what happens.
7. I Say a Little Prayer for You, book based on a song by Burt Bacharach and Hal David
A well known song with beautiful water color illustrations, showing a mother and a daughter.
8. Little Raccoon's Big Questions by Miriam Schlein
Very colorful full page illustrations, showing cute little raccoon asking his mother a very important question "When do you love me most of all?
9. A Book of Hugs by Dave Ross
Wonderful book about all sorts of different hugs there are, for example: Mommy hugs, daddy hugs, brother hugs, grandma hugs etc.
10. God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Very sweet story about how mama polar bear was telling her cub bear how God gave her to them, how she was waiting for her and how special the cub is.
11. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
A story of a baby how he goes through the childhood and becomes a man. A very touching book about mother's love for her son, and later, son's love for his mother.
12. I'm Glad I'm Your Mother by Bill and Kathy Horlacher
A mother telling her child why she loves being a mother, about fun things mother and child can do together.
13. I Love You so Much by Carl Norac
This is absolutely adorable story about little guinea pig named Lola, who wanted to say "I love you", but people who she wanted to say it to where always to busy to listen to her.
14. Won't You Be My Kissaroo? by Joanne Ryder
Story for little toddlers and preschoolers about different animal mommies kissing their babies.
15. Kiss Kiss by Margaret Wild
Story about little hippo who forgot to kiss him mommy before going on a walk.
16. Kangaroo Christine by Guido van Genechten
Little kangaroo Christine was too attached to her mother, she was already too big for her mom's pouch , mommy tells her that it's time for Christine to hop on her own. But Christine does not want to hop on her own, she wants to be close to mommy all the time.
17. How Many Kisses Good Night by Jean Monrad Thomas
Lovely poem to be read before bed, or any other time.
18. Good Night Princess Pruney Toes by Lisa McCourt
Book about daddy and his little princess daughter. Beautiful illustrations and lovely story.
19. I Miss You, Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
Another wonderful story by McCourt, magical and beautiful illustrations by Cyd Moore. Story about how mother misses her son while she is away from him, it's a journey of mom to her son.
20. Just for You by Mercer Mayer
Loved by all children Little Critter makes a secret gift for his mother's birthday, but by the time birthday comes, he forgets where he hid his gift.
21. Just Me and My Mom by Mercer Mayer
Little Critter goes to the city with his mom, and as always gets himself in all sorts of troubles.
22. Just Me and My Dad by Mercer Mayer
Little Critter goes camping with his dad.
23. Arthur's Family Vacation By Marc Brown
Arthur and his family go on vacation, they encounter some troubles, but at the end, their vacation turns out to be a success.
24. My Family and Me by Phoebe Rankin and Elizabeth Stenson
A collection of poems about families.
25. Franklin and Harriet by Paulette Bourgeois
Mom is teaching Franklin to share with his little sister.
Most of the above books can be found at your local library, or can be purchased. I have a collection of all of these books, they could be a wonderful tool in building relationships with your kids.