10 Ideas For Writing Inspirational Poetry
1. Sit still...stillness quiets the mind and thoughts so the inspirational nature can find their way through the fog of life to become a poem.
2. Have your writing tools ready...either pen and paper...computer...ipads...you can also use a small recording device and transcribe the material later on..having your tools ready helps to capture your thoughts immediately because they can come fast and without warning so be ready to save them.
3. Let go of insecurities/fears about being a poet...select the words and phrases that come from somewhere in your heart that you don't confer with everyday.
4. Let go of all the rules about how to write poetry or what a poem is...I've included ideas and definitions in this hub only for you to be inspired by...I once heard something really profound..."You have to know the rules to break the rules" and I think this idea works perfectly for writing any kind of poem.
5. Don't worry about being an inspiration...by simply writing poetry you will be on your way to inspiring others.
6. Read other inspirational poetry...being inspired by others will help guide you to write from your heart.
7. Listen to healing/chill out/downtempo music while you write...music is the language of the soul...and elegant and relaxing music helps to calm the mind and open channels for your spirit to find its way into your word choices.
8. Make a list of things, places and words that inspire you...this will help to guide and direct you and your poetry.
9. Congratulate yourself for being an inspiration...even before you write your first line...boost your own confidence constantly...what you become is what you are already being.
10. Write constantly...as much as you can...never judge and let your inspiration peek through the simple things you write about...everyday thoughts are filled with inspiration for you to share with the world.
What is poetry?
1.the art of rhythmical composition, written or spoken, forexciting pleasure by beautiful, imaginative, or elevated thoughts.2.literary work in metrical form; verse.3.prose with poeticqualities.4.poetic qualities however manifested: the poetry of simple acts and things.5.poeticspirit or feeling: The pianist played the prelude with poetry.6.something suggestive of or likened to poetry: the pure poetry of a beautiful view on a clear day.
What is Inspiration?
1.an inspiring or animating action or influence: I cannot write poetry without inspiration.2.something inspired, as an idea.3.a result of inspired activity.4.a thing or person that inspires.5.Theology. (a) a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul. (b) the divine quality of the writings or words of a personso influenced.6.the drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation.7.the act of inspiring; quality or state of being inspired.
And Still I Rise By Maya Angelou
Poetic Beginnings & Endings
Start writing by choosing a word and allowing the next to freely be released from your thoughts...ending your poems are guided by intuition...listen for the thought that says it's finished.
- How to Write Inspirational Poetry | eHow.com
How to Write Inspirational Poetry. Many of us enjoy reading and being inspired by poetry, but few of us know how to write poetry. This guide will help you write poetry that can inspire the mind and enliven the spirit.
A Great Tool
- Inspirational Poems
Inspirational poems. Poems to make us go deep within ourselves to find the true meaning of life.
- In Katrina's Wake - an Anthology of Inspirational Poetry Compiled by By Michelle Ailene True
- No Regrets, Inspirational Poems for the Mind! Body! & Soul! By Peter J. Manosh
- Inspirational Poems
Healing/Chill Out/Downtempo Music to Help You Write
- Downtempo music - Listen free at Last.fm
Listen to downtempo radio. Free downtempo mp3 downloads available. Top downtempo artists: Bonobo, Thievery Corporation, Zero 7, Massive Attack, The Cinematic Orchestra, Parov Stelar, Nightmares on Wax, Morcheeba, Tosca, Quantic.
- Properly Chilled - Downtempo Music & Culture
Properly Chilled is dedicated to Downtempo music and culture. Fresh sounds, legal downloads, news, reviews, exclusives, dj mixes, ...nice!
- Welcome to Healing Music Online