10 Things to Do in Your 20's
Being in 20's is like taking a big step in your life. You suddenly feel like an adult, you feel that you need to be more responsible in whatever you do or choose to do. You feel more alive and you begin to think further about your future which you didn't even think of doing last year or heck, just yesterday.
20's is quite a youthful time. A time where you can raise your voice and be heard. A time when you have the right to choose, the right to control and the knowledge to differentiate between the right and wrong.
However, before you start your journey that'll be filled with obstacles like fear, heart-breaks, poverty, grief and what not, you must do these things to feel alive. To give you a boost to not feel bad about growing up and to enjoy yourself a little before you're suffocated by unnecessary stress that you can't avoid even if you'd want to.
Your 20's are your 'selfish' years. It's a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time, and all the aspects of you. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little, and never touch the ground.— Kyoko Escamilla
Let me tell you some of the things you can do.
1) Travel - Explore new places. Meet new people. See the beauty of the world with your own eyes. Nothing is more exciting and interesting than travelling to your favorite or dream place (However, do not forget to be wary of your surroundings, okay?)
2) Go to a concert - Just do it. Just enjoy the night, fangirl like crazy over your favorite band and come back home exhausted but feeling overjoyed!
3) DIY - There are many things you can DIY, like making a bag out of your old jeans, or painting your white sneakers, or even making a night lamp with a bunch of kitchen utensils. Get creative. Try new ideas. You gotta trust me, it's actually pretty fun.
4) Spa day - Take some out for yourself and go to a spa. Do a manicure, pedicure, maybe even a facial and a body massage. It's time for you to relax hon, not do house chores. (Damn...I would give anything for a proper body massage right now...)
5) Cook - Cooking helps relieve stress and helps you focus better. I'm telling this by experience. Yes, the moment I start cooking, I forget about the world and immerse myself in making the dish right. I act as if I'm a chef or a baker and that really helps me in perfecting each and every recipe I attempt to make. It's absurd, but that's what being in 20 really is, am I right?
Nothing will ruin your 20's more than thinking you should have your life together already.
6) Purchase for yourself - Buy something what you like. Something that you've always thought of buying. Because the first step to adulthood, is choosing something that you love. And I don't want many people or even mom's or dad's who are reading to think that I'm brainwashing your child's life but generally, there are a lot of people who don't have the freedom to choose what they want and I think that's really sad because then they feel caged and they might stay dependent even after you marry them off which is not good for any relationship. I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say here...
7) Love yourself - This is the key to helping you become the person you want to be. If you don't love yourself, you won't love your surroundings, or your career, or whatever it is that you should be loving. Loving starts and ends with you. So love yourself first and see how loving everything else will be like loving chocolate candies!
8) Savings account - This is major. Open up a savings account because once you do it, you'll slowly but eventually realize the value of money. You've spent like a thousand dollars already because your mom and dad truly love you, but when you work, when you get your first salary and when you see your account having money, you'll understand the real happiness of earning. Of being independent.
In your 20's, you learn.
In your 30's, you earn.
- Frank Perdue
9) Pay for a stranger - This actually comes in charity. Paying for someone else's food or grocery is a good thing to do and it'll make you feel better from the inside. I've never tried doing it, but I really want to pay for someone's else meal someday.
10) Volunteer - Volunteering is a good way to know and understand the troubles this world has, the problems people are facing and what we must do to change it. We teenagers need to start somewhere to make this world a better and a safe place to live in. We can't just sit and let everything rot while we're doing our nails or putting on our BB creams. No, volunteering for the good can change us, our perspective and fill our hearts with endless love and content.
These are some things you need to do while you're in your amazing 20's. Please guys, don't miss out on your life. You've a beautiful life so don't waste it. Live it fully. Live it spiritually, live it like you're living in this world on rent and that you have a few years time to tick off everything on your bucket list. 20's is a colorful period, so paint it without any hesitancy.
Thank you for reading my post. I hope it helps you immensely, and well, see you in my next post neighbors!
I'm the writer next door.
© 2018 Aaliyah S