20 Obscure But Quoteable Ideas for New Directions in Creative Writing Prompts
The idea is simple, use one of these various quotes to inspire yourself to write a hub about it. You can agree, disagree, it is unimportant.
1. " Art is not art unless it threatens your very existence, Vision is exorcism..." - by Pursewarden
2. " Don't that make you suspcious, that the dead are keeping something back..." - From the Witch of Coos by Robert Frost
3. "I want, I want, I want..." - by William Blake.
4. " In my dream I was drowning in sorrows, but my sorrows they had learned to swim, surrounding me, going down on me, spilling over the brim, waves of regret, waves of joy, I reached out for the one I tried to destroy, you , you said you'd wait till the end of the world..." - From the album Actung Baby by U2
5. " With the death of the victim this people's vampire will also die sooner or later..."
- From Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
6. " I have seen...The old gods go...And the new gods come...Day by Day...And year by year...The idols fall...And the idols rise...Today...I worship the hammer."
- From The Hammer by Carl Sandburg
7. " Foxes have their holes, and birds their roosts, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head..." - From Luke 9:58
8. " The mirror sees the man as beautiful, the mirror loves the man, another mirror sees the man as frightful and hates him; and it is always the same being who produces the impressions..." - From Justine by the Marquis de Sade
9. " God is on the cross, or three gods perhaps. If they are all one - Neither coming nor going neither waining nor waxing, but immense in their unity..." From the album Thunder Perfect Mind / Song titled Hitler Comes as Kalki by Current 93
10. " The Gnostics believed in two temporal ages : the first or present evil; the second or future benign. The first age was the Age of Iron. It was represented by a Black Iron Prison. It ended in August 1974 and was replaced by the Age of Gold, which is represented by a Palm Tree Garden. Real time ceased in 70 C.E. with the fall of the temple at Jerusalem. It began again in 1974 C.E. The intervening period was a perfect supurious interpolation aping the creation of the Mind.. 'The Empire never ended', but in 1974 a cypher was sent out as a signal that the Age of Iron was over..." - From VALIS by Phillip K. Dick
11. " One who speaks lies goes to hell, and the one who having done says, ' I don't do this.' Both of these, people have vase deeds, having passed away, become equal in the beyond..." - From the Dhammapada
12. "...It is impossible to convey the life sensation of any given epoch of one's existence - that which makes it's truth, it's meaning - it's suble and penetrating essence, It is impossible. We live, as we dream - alone..." - From 'The Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad
13. " Some of the crazy judgement and some of the perverse will come to hear what I can say, who by their rash ignorance may take the name of magic in the worse sense, and though scarce having seen the title, cry out that I teach forbidden arts, sow the seed of heresies, offend pious ears, and scandalize excellent writs; that I am a sorcerer, and superstitious, and devilish, who indeed am a magiciain..." - From ' The Three Books of Occult Philosophy' by Agrippa von Nettesheim
14. "...Yes, but the dead are everywhere. They cannot be evaded...And when the dead invade? FOr sometimes they emerge in person..." - From the Alexandrian Quartet by Lawrence Durrell
15. " But ask' now the beasts, and they shall teach thee and the fowls of the air, and they shall teach thee: Or speak to the Earth, and it shall teach thee: And the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee." - From the Book of Job 12: 7-8
16. " The greatest mistake is to question the Is...Don't!' - From 'Illusions' by Richard Bach
17. " Moo moo buzz buzz pop pop pop eek eek hoo hoo klopp klopp klopp dibble dibble dopp dopp cock-a-doodle -doo grum grum grum grum choo choo choo boom boom splatt splatt tick tick tock sizzle sizzle blurp blurp knock knock knock a slurp and a whisper and a fish kiss, too. Mr. Brown can do it. How about you?" - From Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss's Book of Wonderful Noises
18. " You know she never lost her head, even when she was giving head...she said hey baby take a walk on the wild side, she said hey sugar take a walk on the wild side...and the coloured girls sing Do do do do Do do do do Do do do do Do do do do ..." From 'Take a Walk on the Wildside by the Velvet Underground with Andy Warhol
19. " Day by Day, Moment by Moment, Piece by Piece, I Shall Take You." - Titled 'Possession' by Troy Palmer
20. " The Ideas or opinions expressed herein are not necessarily the opinions of the editors, writers or contributors this publication. If you do not like it, please do not read it...Love is the Will, Love is the Law..." - Quarterly disclaimer used for Wide Awake magazine during its publication 1993-1998