20 Unspeakable Ideas for New Directions in Creative Writing Prompts
The idea is simple, use one of these various ideas to inspire yourself to write a hub about it. You can agree, disagree, it is unimportant.
1. Name the most evil thing that has ever lived after your favorite and most beloved pet you have owned, and give the world one day in the horrors that your cute demonic animal will wreck on the earth in 24 hours.
2. Tomorrow you are told by an angel that you will die at exactly 12 noon, what will you do with you last day on earth?
3. Write 300 or more words without using puncuation, capitialization, or proper names even once. You may use any form of poetic or imporper syntax and grammatic styles. You may also use run on sentances or symbols from mathematics....the title can contain only three letters.
4. Interview someone who is imaginary, but must be made from your own imaginary ideas - and name them something that is not normally a name like Fork Fingered Freddy etc.
5. Describe a sexual scenario with only words that are suitable for nursery rhymes and fairy tales for children, no body parts or anatomical words may be used,
6. Write about a clown or a mime being arrested and tried for murder. Anything goes from there.
7. Write a short but controversal manifesto about anything but the catch is, it cannot be your true beliefs. You must lie about every detail including your name on the piece as author.
8. Committ plagarism using only your own actual writings...but every stolen sentance you must accidentally delete or mix up the order of at least three words.
9. Write a story starting with the ending and work your way backward to its beginning. You can ponder what rules must be broken to achieve this act of grammatical armageddon.
10. Choose 23 words and make them each the first word of a 23 line poem, but they must be alphabetically in order or in reverse.
11. Ask 20 questions of anyone interview style, and try to get enough information from the 20 questions for the reader to guess what the person does for a living, what they are named, and what city they live in without ever asking those questions directly from them,
12. Kill anyone from history and tell us in a short story how the world was different thanks to their untimely and imaginary demise.
13. Concieve a plot to take over the world, use less than ten paragraphs to do so.
14. Do a Journalistic essay with any famous children's television or movie character that is not a human being...Barney, the Muppets, Yoda, Pete's Dragon, or a cartoon character...no limits.
15. Write a personal diary about your life, if you were the opposite sex you are now. At least ten entries, with a year in time passing between each. Start at age 10 or younger.
16. Make up a conspiracy theory about anything that you can find commonly in your home, kitchen or work place. Go wild with it...
17. Write your own eulogy and be an obnoxious ungrateful ass to your loved ones on the day of your funeral. Now they will get to know the real you, knock em dead.
18. Aliens abduct you from your home on Christmas Eve, tell us a new Yuletide yarn from any perspective that idea takes you.
19. You are a pyromaniac, describe your 21st birthday party - and blow at least one big piece of furniture, a car, or bigger item up in the story.
20. You are a attacked by a Werewolf on Halloween - how does your life change for the better or worse. And what do you tell your friends and family, have fun and humor as a major story developing motif.