22 Curiosities and secrets about the Marvel Universe that you might not know
More than a giant in the world of comics, Marvel Comics already had a hard time. Marvel is a business, and like any company, there has its secrets that often remain hidden, some good, some not so much. Let me to you some of them. There are 22 secrets found on the "mutant plant" that might surprise you. Check Out:
1. Stan Lee has processed the Marvel
Stan Lee, who worked for Marvel as a writer and was creator of several characters of the company, processed the Marvel in 2005. He felt hampered by Marvel Comics decision not to split the profits with him after 60 years with the company.
2. Michael Jackson almost worked in theaters as "Spider-Man"
In the early 1990s, Michael Jackson tried to buy Marvel Comics just so he could act as Spider Man in a movie of the hero that would be produced by himself.
3. Marvel proved in court that his action figures were mutants, and not human
Because of the strange American laws, the import of toys that resemble human beings receive a higher tax taxes than those who do not remember. Marvel went to court arguing that, because of their action figures X-Men be mutants and non-human, should be exempted from the higher tax. In the final they won the cause.
4. The Venom has cost Marvel 220 U.S. dollars
Venom, one of the villains of Spider-Man, was a hero concept created by a fan that Marvel bought for 220 U.S. dollars. Imagine the regret of the creator when he finds out how Marvel invoice with it!
5. The roar of Hulk in The Avengers was older than you think
During the production of the film The Avengers (2012), they failed to recreate the original Hulk roar, so they decided to recreate it with Lou Ferrigno recordings (the actor of the original TV series The Incredible Hulk shown between 1978-1982 ).
6. Marvel has helped a boy with hearing disabilities to regain their hearing.
In 2002, a boy of 4 years old suffering from hearing loss did not want to wear a hearing aid because, according to him, superheroes do not wear hearing aids. To encourage him to use his hearing aids, Marvel Comics created a superhero with a hearing aid called Blue Ear.
7. Do you know Squirrel Girl? It is the superhero of the bushy tail
There is a superhero from Marvel called Squirrel Girl, which believe it or not, has won Doctor Doom flooding his aircraft with a swarm of squirrels.
8. Marvel created a version of Thor shaped frog
Marvel has a superhero called Throg. He is a sapo that has the power of Thor and is in a superhero group called "Pet Avengers." The Throg not wash your feet, do not wash because they do not want ...
10. Marvel already teamed up with DC to create "new" characters
In 1996, Marvel and DC Comics created the Amalgam Comics. They joined her two superhero universes into one, resulting in characters like Darkclaw (BatmanWolverine), Super Soldier (SupermanCaptain America) and Iron Lantern Green (LanternIron Man).
9. And a version of Spider-man called Spider-Ham
In 1983, Marvel published a comic book called Spider-Ham. It was carried by a "Spider-Pig" called Peter-Porker.
11. Stan Lee has worked in DC
In addition to writing for Marvel, Stan Lee also wrote 15 comics for DC Comics, reimagining popular superheroes such as Batman and Superman.
Do you usually purchase a Marvel Comic?
12. Marvel used the Samuel L Jackson image for Nick Fury without the permission of actor
When the character of Nick Fury was re-introduced in Ultimate Marvel comics, he has been redesigned to look like Samuel L Jackson, without the actor's permission to use his image. Marvel wanted to be smart, but Samuel was outsmart them. After Samuel have noticed the likeness of the character itself to him, he got in touch with Marvel to make a deal with the company ensuring that the future Marvel movies character of the paper were passed only for him.
13. A character who never dies. Never.
Mr. Immortal is a Marvel character without special powers, except immortality. Already tried to kill him in various ways, such as bleaching, choking, stabbing, drowning, crushing, dehydration, explosion, poisoning, decapitation, irradiation and incineration. It's no use, nothing kills the guy.
14. Marvel created another company, just to clean up the mess of his characters
There is a virtual company created by Marvel called Damage Control. It specializes in the repair of damage caused by conflicts between superheroes and supervillains. The series of comics of Damage Control was established in 1989 and there are several published figures.
15. The reason Spider-Man does not appear in other Marvel movies
The reason Spider-Man was not present in the Avengers movie is because Marvel had sold the rights to the character for Sony.
16. Besides singer, Eminem is also a character in the Marvel universe
It's not a bad thing.
17. The word "Zombies" has been registered by Marvel
From 1975 to 1996, Marvel had recorded the word "zombies". Maybe after understanding that it made no sense only recorded the word, in 1996 they decided to record the "Marvel Zombies" words.
18. Marvel created a mysterious character 11 days before the September 11 attack
Eleven days before the September 11 attacks, a character called Jihad was coincidentally introduced in the Marvel Universe. It is a character who was determined to conquer the world.
19. Darth Vader was inspired by Dr. Doom Marvel character
Had you noticed similarity?
20. The spider who bit him Spider-Man in the movie had his body painted by hand
The spider that bit Tobey Magquire in the movie Spider-Man, was chosen from a "Olympics of Spiders", and then painted with body paint, as time allowed not to create a spider costume for a spider.
21. Marvel already has a "girlfriend" to Mystic, but was forbidden to disclose it
Marvel created a character named Irene Adler who was to be mistress of the Mystic character. Marvel, however, at the time could not permitted to disclose a gay relationship in their magazines, so they made them simple friends, but later, when it became something "normal", the company finally announced that they had an affair.
22. The Agent Coulson has killed an army of HYDRA soldiers. Guess what?
The Agent Coulson has defeated alone an entire unit HYDRA soldiers. When asked about which weapon he used to do this, he showed a pen. That yes would make a good commercial for BIC.
Other Marvel Hubs
- 10 things you did not know about the cinematographic universe of Marvel!
The Universe of Marvel is growing up year after year! See 10 curious things about Marvel Cinematographic that perhaps don't know.