- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
27 two-line stories!!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on - Robert Frost
When life’s learning can be summed up in three words, why not a short-story be summed up in a line or two? Everything in this world has become fast and many do not like to read pages of description. Long descriptive “How are you? mails” have now changed to short “hru? FB messages”. So, I just tried to convey a message of a short story in maximum three lines. I'm making a first attempt. Hope you like at least some of it.
- When I called her, her phone was engaged.
When I met her, she was engaged.
- Yesterday he was in “Dancing with the stars” (American Dance show in TV).
Today he is dancing with the stars. That’s Life.
- She died. May her soul rest in peace.
Why is that I’m not able to take rest in peace.
- Divorce judgment day!
It was a success but still a failure.
- Deaf husband.
Secret of a successful marriage life.
- Mother says its cereal bowl for breakfast.
Children said "it is not cereal, a serial bowl."
- After marriage, the only thing that got built up - my score in credit history.
- He and she in research lab.
Their chemistry worked out.
- He married her because she was smart.
She married him because his phone was smart.
- His phone was smart. She married.
He was not smart. She divorced.
- We lived together in Facebook.
The day after marriage, her status said Married.
My status was still single.
- Tears in her eyes.
We got married.
Now tears in my eyes.
- Cooking by newly-married wife.
Husband called 911 for murder attempt
- Valentine's Day! I went with red roses but she already had one! Remembered my teacher’s word: Be punctual!
I was invited for their 1st year wedding anniversary.
I went on time. Her husband said I wish you had been punctual last year!
- He came near her.
She came near him. Lights went off.
Both remembered about Electricity bill.
- Stay hungry – Steve Jobs.
Stay hungry – No job!
- Father told “You can kiss the bride now”.
Their son was the first to congratulate them.
- First day of salary.
ATM machine said “No money in ATM. Try later.”
- Doctor said – Stop smoking!
He stopped going to the doctor.
- His hand was over her hand.
Opposites attract – teacher was explaining magnetism.
- Mother asked, where is you doodle kit?
Child answered, "wait mom! Let me google it!"
- She said shut down!
He said shut up!
- They asked what is Object Oriented Programming?
She said oops! (OOPs)
They said you are appointed!!
- She said I see your face in my book.
He said I don’t face any book except Facebook.
- I got her an ice-cream.
I got frozen.
- Apple fell down – pull of gravity.
I fell down – full of insanity.
- Maths exam. Question was to prove a + b = c. I left it in choice.
Life exam. Question was to prove I + U = V. But I didn’t have a choice.
Believe all the stories conveyed the meaning behind it. It was fun writing these stories but it so happens that we become more verbose than ever when we try to attempt such tasks. I will be happy to accept improvisations on these stories from you all!!