5 Golden Rules To Live By
What Is A Rule?
The word "rule" is a noun that is defined as a regulating principle or guide of conduct pertaining to the many different facets of life and to the world. Synonyms for this word include, and are not limited to: standard, regulate, and govern. This particular word can also be used as a verb, depending on the meaning to be portrayed. To rule, to govern, or to regulate is the usage of the word "rule" as a verb. Although both meanings of the word are still the exact same, although the meaning of the sentence changes depending on how the word is used. Rules are made to protect people from danger and to benefit them in a healthy and positive way. There have always been rules to follow, usually set by those who care and love us. Lately rules have become corrupt and unjust, but that is a different hub.
The rules are usually enforced with consequences that follow right after rules have been broken. There are many different rules in every one's daily life that they must obey, or there can be serious consequences as a result. For example, speeding and obtaining an expensive speeding ticket. Children and even adults are subject to following rules.
Types of Rules
- Law Rules - These rules are in terms of the laws all around regarding any thing; like traffic and driving laws. These specific rules are usually paid by sever punishment if not followed some times resulting in fines or even jail time.
- Government Rules - These special rules are used to regulate the government as well as other issues involving the government; the rule of law explains how the government makes decisions by applying known legal principles.
- Rule of Thumb - Just a cute expression referring to a rule that comes from practice or experience done by ancestors.
- Sports or Game Rules - These types of rules are meant for determining a sports game winner or varied places into such things as tournaments, or the winner to any game; like no roughing the kicker or only rolling the dice once on your turn. These rules for such games allow the object of the game to be fair for every one, and equally allow every one the chance to play and possibly win.
- Unspoken Rules - This is a special set of rules that is not mentioned nor talked about at any time, but now. These rules pertain to organizations and even to societies that have their own way of making rules and follow them, but there is never any documentation of the activities of that time; like a captain going down with his ship. Those rules were only known to certain people who followed them, but never spoken of or never wrote down or communicated at any particular time.
- Business Rules - These regulations are put in place by corporations and businesses to ensure the safety and well being of their employees and to abide by higher rules and regulations; like safety procedures to avoid paying workman's compensation for injuries. There are many business rules to follow, like dress code as well as attendance standards.
5 Golden Rules to Live By
There are many different rules to follow throughout every person's life regarding many different topics about life. This hub is about 5 specific and unique rules to live by, called "the golden rules". This special set of rules pertains to the general topic of life and all of the inclusions life has to offer. These particular rules are often taught to every one, by parents and schooling, as young children when they first begin to interact with one another. Many children and even adults have trouble following each one of the rules daily because some times the rules will be broken, no one is perfect and every one makes mistakes along with testing their boundaries. Following these golden rules daily will help to spread peace into your life and into the lives of those around you, while also helping every one to develop a more positive attitude by making the right choices or at least striving to make the better choice each day. Following the rules and making the right choices will create more success and prosperity then disobedience and unruliness will in any one's life.
1. The first golden rule is do to others as you would have done to you. This rule is number one because it is considered a daily ethical code, morality, and an ethic of reciprocity to live and abide by. This number one golden rule is found in the bible, within several different verses, and even practiced in many religions around the world. This is a very important rule because being a blessing to some one else will always have positive benefits to the one acting as the blessing. If you want people do be nice to you and to be understanding with your situations, then those same feelings of niceness and understanding must be shown to others for this to happen to oneself. Also, following this golden rule will lessen the number of enemies and people wanting to cause harm. Always look after one another as you would want to have done for you. This rule is especially true for married couples or any one in any relationship that is not doing so great. Before asking any one else to make any changes for you, maybe we should look at ourselves first and see what we can change first.
2. Always respect yourself and other people around you. This golden rule is some times not followed by every one daily throughout the course of a person's life, but is the right choice to do. Respect is to give a positive feeling of esteem to a person. This includes standing up for yourself and also respecting other people that are around you in matters of opinion, emotions, or beliefs. Respect yourself enough not to put yourself in harmful situations that may be dangerous or do harmful things to yourself. Just the same way, respect other people who will have a different opinion than you do or feel differently than you do about particular topics. Giving respect is hard for many people to do and some times it's for certain reasons, but respect is also one of the biggest things that adults demand, crave, and want constantly from other people. Respect should come from within and given away first before it can be received from others. This rule is true for every one including children and adults in any place. Since there are always rules for every thing to start with, this includes a certain respect that ties into it, as in respecting and following the rules.
Thumper From Bambi Knows This Rule
3. If you can't say any thing nice, then don't say any thing at all. This number three golden rule goes into something very deep, as in the words we choose to use and to have come out of our mouth at other people. Our mouths are great for eating, smiling, and even communicating. So what we chose to let come out of our mouths and to let other people hear is very important, just as much as talking is a way of communicating. The words people chose to say to other people and about other people are very powerful and can be used for positive or for negative. Our words should always be encouraging, uplifting, and positive to other people around, especially if following golden rule number one. Choosing the right word(s) can always be a tough choice to make, especially when the situation or circumstances may say otherwise. This is the one golden rule that no one seems to really follow or even notices anymore. Following this golden rule is always the best for a more happier and more positive lifestyle with positive, peaceful surroundings.
4. Sharing is caring. This is a great golden rule for showing others how you care about their feelings, wants, and needs which is also a type of respect. This unselfish respect is an act of kindness that involves sharing what one person has or likes, no matter how big or small, with another person. People these days are sharing every thing on the internet with the share button located every where, from web pages to videos. Now every thing, even photos, can be shared in an instant to friends and family all over the world online. Following the rule of sharing demonstrates compassion and understanding for other people. Many people are generous and giving, and if there were more people like that in this world, then maybe the world could get along much better with each other and create more peace.
*However, there are exceptions to this rule and such things should not be shared like men, hair brushes, and most important underwear!
5. Always forgive, yourself and even your enemies. This final golden rule can help any person to live a life with less guilt and regret. Forgiveness is a part of life, and like every thing else in life, it has to happen for other positive things to happen. Forgiveness shows that you are able to be mature enough to learn from the situation and respect other people no matter what the situation may be. Life is about learning many different things, and forgiveness is one of the most important lessons to learn about because no person is perfect. This golden rule is difficult to follow because other people may not mutually forgive you, including enemies, but being the better person is always the better choice. Forgiveness can also provide closure to certain situations that may have happened in the past, and allow certain "chips" on people's shoulders to crumble into crumbs. Enemies do not like forgiveness and kindness, usually because they are evil in their own way, which is why they are called enemies. Following this golden rule is the best method for defeating any enemy and for living with happiness.
To Follow or Not To Follow
Do You Follow The Rules?
More Hubs about Rules
- 9 Fashion Rules Curvy and Plus Size Women Should Break
Curvy? Been told you can't wear certain things like white, florals, pencil skirts? Poppycock! Throw out the rule book and have fun with fashion.
- 8 Rules of Natural Hair Care
As African-American women, we all know that there exists a myriad of choices concerning the daily caretaking of our hair. Although such a range of pliable options exists, we also know that imbedded in how we wear our hair is history, social...
- The Eight Most Important Rules for Surviving in Prison
The eight most important rules for surviving in prison. Based on the advice of a career criminal I received at the beginning of a nine year prison sentence I completed, and my personal experience. This could make the difference between the life and d
- The Unspoken Rules of Butt Slapping in Sports
Have you ever wondered about the origin of the butt slap? When did it begin? Who started this strange antic? Well, sorry but I'm asking those questions myself. But if you want to learn the art of butt slapping, read on my friend.
- The Rules Book - Do the Rules Work?
If you're serious about getting married, you only want to read the best of the dating books out there. Read this to decide whether to buy The Rules.
- Capitalization Rules: Grammar Guide
A list of 20 capitalization rules with examples.
- 50 Rules That Would Be Included If Life Had An Instruction Manual
Don't you think that there should be an instruction manual for life? Here is a list of 50 rules that I would integrate into the life manual.