50 Creative Writing Prompts-from Joy and Pain
Let Me Know
Did you find this hub helpful in breaking your writer's block?
The Joy of Prompts
Writing prompts are often used by writers during a blocked phase to spur on creativity.
A few years ago, we went through a phase where many “Joy of” books were written. Two of the most popular were The Joy of Sex and The Joy of Cooking. In the following list, I have started with the phrase “the joy of” and then added a word or phrase. The challenge is for you to choose one of them and turn it into an article, story or poem.
Here is the list:
· The joy of lemon zest.
· The joy of dancing in the dark.
· The joy of 100% cotton.
· The joy of dressing up.
· The joy of legumes.
· The joy of making up your own holidays.
· The joy of next door neighbors.
· The joy of boxer shorts.
· The joy of video gaming.
· The joy of whitewall tires.
· The joy of kettle drums.
· The joy of social networking.
· The joy of ghost hunting.
· The joy of movie snacks.
· The joy of homemade pizza.
· The joy of TV exercise.
· The joy of 100 candles, lit.
· The joy of knowing the monsters under the bed.
· The joy of undersea photography.
· The joy of storm chasing.
· The joy of playing with your children.
· The joy of the “67 Mustang.
· The joy of the luau.
· The joy of turning 60.
· The joy of Halloween.
OK, you get the idea.
Links to More Writing Prompts
- Prompt Generator
- Writing Prompts 101
Even if you are not a professional writer you probably already heard about writing prompts. They represent a very effective tool for any writing project, so it's a good idea to know how to use them.
- writing prompts
These are some of the daily writing prompts I use in class. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions please let me know. Other stuff I'm working on is over here. DFTBA.
- creative writing prompts . com ideas for writers
Creative Writing Prompts collection of writing prompts and story starters for writers. Come up with creative content for blogs and blog stories with the help of these creative writing ideas.
- Creative Writing Prompts | WritersDigest.com
Get daily creative writing prompts for your short story, fiction or nonfiction novel, essay and more at WritersDigest.com.
Ten Tips to Overcome Writer's Block Video
Overcoming Writer's Block, How to By Justine Tal Goldberg
The Pain of Prompts
Now go in the opposite direction. Use the following prompts to write about the pain of something:
· The pain of growing old
· The pain of losing a loved one.
· The pain of eating a habanero pepper straight up.
· The pain of loneliness.
· The pain of walking 15 miles.
· The pain of losing to you sibling.
· The pain of having a hangnail.
· The pain of olive drab walls.
· The pain of losing your luggage.
· The pain of a jelly fish sting.
· The pain of fibromyalgia.
· The pain of diabetes.
· The pain of burlap underwear.
· The pain of leaving home forever.
· The pain of finding s scorpion in your underwear.
· The pain of getting married.
· The pain of a frog that can’t get to the water.
· The pain of people in the eternal fires of hell.
· The pain of not knowing.
· The pain of public humiliation.
· The pain of no torte insurance.
· The pain of indigestion.
· The pain of having two left feet.
· The pain of losing your wallet.
· The pain of underestimating the volatility of the stock market.
This is a nice long list to choose from, but if you can’t find something here that sparks your creativity, you can always use the phrase “the joy of” or “the pain of” and add your own ending to it. The possibilities are endless
Click edit above to add content to this empty capsule.