52 Things Kids Need From a Mom by Angela Thomas - Book Review
Inspirational book for mothers
52 Things Kids Need From a Mom is a book by bestselling author Angela Thomas, it's published in 2011 by Harvest House Publishers.
This book is encouraging and inspirational reminder to mothers about children's needs and desires; it's a book that is filled with wonderful tips on loving, teaching, and taking care of your kids. It is written from a Christian perspective of raising children.
The book is written in a very positive, pleasant tone and is specially designed for mothers with very busy lifestyles. It's very easy to read, book contains 52 short and concise chapters, 3 pages per chapter. A chapter can be read while you have a short break at work, or at home.
Angela is sharing her experience of being a mother of four, being a single mother for 7 years with young children, and then remarrying a wonderful man who became a good father to her children. She is reminding all mothers about all those things that children need from moms, some very simple things, such as a loving touch, but it is so easy to get busy and forget, that this part of raising children is so important.
This book goes over so many aspects of raising children and giving them what they need to grow up successful and happy people, it will give you tools to use in parenting children in such a way, so that you have no regrets when they grow up.
Here is a list of contents to give you an idea, but you really have to read the book to get the details on every point made in this book.
Kids Need Their Mom...
1. To pray in secret with a door open
2. To never stop touching them
3. To hang heart of love over their lives
4. To watch them go out of sight
5. To keep a date night with dad
6. To make them sit around the table...and linger
7. To let her yes be yes and her no be no
8. Too be delayed, rerouted, and canceled with poise
9. To make them wait to take a bite
10. To take Christmas to people who have nothing
11. To miss a few things they do wrong
12. To put down the phone
13. To learn their unique love language
14. To occasionally be a supermom
15. To turn their beds down at night
16. To ride a roller coaster...for the first time
17. To talk to them like they are fascinating
18. To treat their friends like family
19. To cheer wildly from the stands
20. To give grace-filled consequences
21. To be a passionate, alive, spiritual lover of God
22. To indulge their silly
23. To have a hallelujah party
24. To keep a family blog
25. To become physically and emotionally healthy
Angela speaking on hope for single mothers
26. To become spiritually healthy
27. To believe they will not grunt forever
28. To make a big deal of out God
29. To keep her promise
30. To wait on them hand and foot...When they are sick
31. To tell them to buy another token and keep swinging
32. To pray them home and for the will of God
33. To be a "groovy" mom
34. To teach them how to know the voice of God
35. To believe in their strengths and speak life into their gifts
36. To make a home where grace lives
37. To throw down the "mom card"
38. To tell them what she'd do differently
39. To make a big deal out of grandparents and extended family
40. To teach them how to keep their money straights, in order, facing the same direction
41. To be patient about things like thumb-sucking and pacifiers
42. To let them make really dumb mistakes without condemnation
43. to introduce them to her friend named Jesus
44. To set the tone for the family
45. To teach them to genuinely respect all people, cultures, denominations, and creeds
46. To teach the boys how to love a wife
47. To teach the girls how to love a husband
48. To identify the characteristics of a fool and tell them what to do when they meet one
49. To train them to listen to her
50. To teach them not be easily offended
51. To live as single moms with amazing lives
52. To teach them a gracious and generous hospitality