- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
A Mother’s Guide for Her Child to Find Happiness
This guide was made with lots of love for and thoughts of Amaris Briahna, fondly called Bree, in the Philippines.
Age and experience have taught her mommy a few indispensable lessons in painful ways.
This guide is being given to her as a motherly love letter so she can turn her minuses into pluses, her tears into smiles, and her sorrows into happiness.
It is being shared with the millions of people who would like to give themselves or their children a practical guide to go through life and its many dramas and pleasantries.
- Fill your mind with radiantly happy thoughts and act as if you are happy. By doing these things, you are actually helping yourself to feel cheerful. Fill your mind with negative thoughts and you will turn out to be a miserable worrying wreck.
- Forgive and forget your enemies. Don’t stoop to their level and never make time to fight them. If you do these, then you are shielding yourself from their harsh disparaging words that can tear your heart into pieces.
- Help people for the sake of helping and from the bottom of your heart. Still, never expect them to return the favor and be indebted to you. Such expectations will just bring you a lot of heartaches.
- Instead of engaging in an orgy of self-pity, count your blessings. Your life is imperfect and will always be. When you feel low that your shoes are not a lovely pair, then think about those people without feet who still go through life with zest and joy.
- Do not imitate anybody else. You are unique. Genetics has it that there was nobody like you in billions of years and there will not be anyone else exactly like you in the trillions of years to come. So play up your strengths and be yourself. People do not like copycats anyway.
- When fate brings you down into a puddle of mud, then make a mud castle. As you live through life, you’ll find out that you’ll be handed a lot of crap. Instead of wallowing in sorrow, turn the crap into a stunning success.
- You’re a speck in a universe of dust. It would be a waste to spend your lifetime thinking only about yourself when there are billions of people out there to whom you can give your attention. So get out of your nest and fly. Be genuinely interested in others.
- Be warned! When you start making a name for yourself, you will find that people will criticize you just to draw attention to themselves. Always keep in mind who you truly are. Your strong self-worth will help you remember that you are doing great things that many people might just be envious of.
- Criticisms will always be hurled at you whether you sit or stand, talk or keep mum, work or stay idle. Might as well do your very best in everything. When you do your best, then you would know that those criticisms are unfair, undeserved, and not worth your while.
- You are beautiful but far from perfect. So the next time somebody sneers at you, be humble enough to look through yourself instead of bowing in humiliation or firing up in anger. Then, improve yourself. Be your own self’s critic and coach.
Copyright © 2011 Kerlyn Bautista
All Rights Reserved