- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Quotes about Friends and Friendship
Making and keeping friends is something that you'll do throughout your whole life. For some people, making friends comes naturally and easily. For others, it can be scary or intimidating.
Different people have a lot of different kinds of friendships.You may have friends who you are very close to and who spend a lot of time with, or friends who you only see occasionally.
Remember, it is the quality of the friendship that is important, not the quantity. They say that in order to have a good friends, you have to be a good friend. But what is a good friend?
Here are various definition and thoughts of what a friend should be and what friendship is all about, quoted by writers, authors, great men and women and everyday people like you and me who have discover the joy of friendship and found true friends over the years.
What is a friend ?
A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. - Bernard Meltzer
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. - Donna Roberts
A friend is a gift you give yourself. - Robert Louis Stevenson
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. -Walter Winchell
A true friend stabs you in the front. - Oscar Wilde
The power of true friendship lasts forever.
'Stay' is a charming word in a friends vocabulary. -Louisa Mary Alcott
True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation. - George Washington
One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.- Euripides
The only way to have a friend is to be one. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this ? - Henry David Thoreau
The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. - Elisabeth Foley
- You can hardly make a friend in a year, but you can easily offend one in an hour." - Chinese Proverb
- You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can by trying to get other people interested in you. - Dale Carnegie
- Hold a true friend with both your hands. - Nigerian Proverb
- Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant. - Socrates, Greek Philosopher
- In times of prosperity friends will be plenty; in time of adversity not one in twenty. - English Proverb
- It is the friend that you can call at 4:00 A.M. that matter. - Marlene Dietrich
- If friends were flowers I will pick you. - Anonymous
- Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly. - Anonymous
Friendship is Timeless.
Friendship is the ability to laugh and cry together at life's twists and turns.
Friendship is giving, sharing and caring not just today but always.
A friend is someone who you can trust with your inner most thoughts and feelings.
A friend is someone who never laughs at your insecurities and always has something positive to say about you.
A friend is someone who is always there when you feel alone.